HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2003, 01:45 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2002
178 Posts
Hitec rx tx crystal compatable with Futaba?

I need to know if my Futaba TX crystal will work with a Hitec TX? Any one know if it will work! Thanks Richard
rspiegel is offline Find More Posts by rspiegel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2003, 03:50 PM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Joined Sep 2001
1,623 Posts
Strictly speaking, the FCC says only qualified technicians are allowed to perform TX frequency changes.

RX crystals are user-changeable because receivers radiate a negligible amount of radio energy. All you can do is crash your plane.

I can speak to the RX issue - the Hitec dual conversion crystals are trimmed for a different capacitance than the Futaba, typically putting them (if I remember correctly) about 300 Hz. offset from the Futaba crystal. GWS dual conversion and Futaba dual conversion are interchangable (and the GWS rocks are only $8).

David
fliir is offline Find More Posts by fliir
Old Nov 21, 2003, 10:33 AM
Northampton, UK
Joined Jan 2001
340 Posts
As differing manufacturers use different ways of ariving at the final Tx or receiver frequencies you should allways use the manufacturers xtal for the TX or Rx you are using. ie Futaba Tx use Futaba xtal, Hitec Rx use a Hitec Rx Crystal.

FB
FlyinBrian is offline Find More Posts by FlyinBrian