HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by grumman5277, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:39 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
Discussion
dog bites

it's bee a little while since i updated my little one Cameron on here,but this is also informational.
Last week he suffered a bog bite to the face. While something like this may seem trivial or not serious to some ,it took less then 24hrs and one doctor visit in the same time frame to get serious.
In my own research i found that it is imperative to go to the ER right after the incident as 80+% will get infected. We went with the advice of a nurses hotline the same day and doctors visit,and was really bad.

sorry about the pictures ,but if my son's experience helps people take the correct steps ,then it's worth it.

If it helps the little one's these med's even with flavoring are horrible. Ask for non flavored med's as they are easily mixed in pudding and chocolate milk without them knowing.Just make sure they consume all of it.They mixed in pudding but in all in the first spoon full.

I have heard and was told grape soda and Dr.pepper work as well but again it's important for them to finish what ever it's in.

We spent the weekend at children's hospital in Dayton.I cannot stress enough how proper care gets the results and they hands down did an excellent job ,as their actions and not words were clear on what they were there for.He had to be hooked up to an IV for several days as well as the initial super shot they gave him. The difference is very apparent and looks 100% better.He has only local swelling and redness at the bit vrs the whole side of his face red and swollen and eye almost closed shut. keep in mind this happened very fast from bite to infection.
Thank you Children's for helping my little one.
grumman5277 is offline Find More Posts by grumman5277
Last edited by grumman5277; Aug 05, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:44 PM
United States, CA, Brentwood
Joined Jun 2012
451 Posts
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I was bitten as a small child from my grandparents dog and shook like a rag doll. Still have the scar over my eye from it. Glad he will be ok.
Underthetire is offline Find More Posts by Underthetire
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:47 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
you and me both.just glad i took him there instead of waiting.
Old Aug 06, 2012, 11:47 AM
100mph club member
NW O-town
Joined Jun 2005
1,651 Posts
What kind of dog if you don't mind me asking?
turbodriven is offline Find More Posts by turbodriven
Old Aug 06, 2012, 08:09 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
just a mutt a family member has.The dog is 15 yrs old and had hip surgery a few months ago.
think my son stepped on its leg. The dog has never done anything like this and was reactionary. I personally don't trust animals 100% especially with little ones.would rather isolate them rather then hope things like this don't happen.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 01:37 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,246 Posts
Holy Crap! Didnt know this happened! Sorry to hear about Cameron. I got bit by a dog when i was 5 yrs old and thats why i have a scar on my lip. Damn dogs!

casey
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:48 PM
Troy ,OH
Joined Jan 2004
1,813 Posts
hes doing a lot better,but probably going to have two scars.the puncture wounds were pretty deep. had the infection not set in so fast he could have had stitches.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:40 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,246 Posts
Damn! That sucks! Stupid dogs! Well if it had a bad leg that's what animals do because they are "animals".
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC