HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:11 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
If you have not made a motor purchase yet I would like to amend the motor recommendation in my parts list. I have been using http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376 and they are simply awesome on 8x4.5 or 9x4.5 props.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:20 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
I am in the process of considering the build. Regarding the new motor recommendation, would this change require the F-30A ESC (rather than the F-20A) and/or other changes to the recommended parts list? Could you give more details of the advantages or trade-offs for the two motors? Thanks for your outstanding work!
zone7 is offline Find More Posts by zone7
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:42 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone7 View Post
I am in the process of considering the build. Regarding the new motor recommendation, would this change require the F-30A ESC (rather than the F-20A) and/or other changes to the recommended parts list? Could you give more details of the advantages or trade-offs for the two motors? Thanks for your outstanding work!
Should be fine with 20a esc still. The sunnyskys have more "pop" not to mention quality bearings and an almost true balance on the can out of the package.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 10:20 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,496 Posts
I saw those motors and they are next on my list. Look pretty good to me. Thanks for posting the site for us.

Tom

I decided to turn the quad into a hex. It was flying till the esc's went. I figured since I was putting new esc's I might as well try something else. It will now be a hexcopter. My first try at it.
carr52 is offline Find More Posts by carr52
Last edited by carr52; Jan 08, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:05 AM
Joined Jan 2013
13 Posts
Online Configurator for Multiwii controller

This appears to be a great tool for producing the configuration files as covered in your build video tutorial #7.

http://panoramaic.se/configurator/
zone7 is offline Find More Posts by zone7
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:10 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zone7 View Post
This appears to be a great tool for producing the configuration files as covered in your build video tutorial #7.

http://panoramaic.se/configurator/
I have not used it but it looks like it will work. Nice to have a GUI instead of looking for defines in code.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:22 PM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post
Still waiting on parts from HK, but would like to share some "theoretical" mods I have made on Nicks great QC design:
Might help at low speed, but anything bad and that's just going to snap the rod or arm.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:25 PM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
Nic, et al,

Would this quad design handle a 1245 prop with the recommend motor and esc's from the original parts list? Any down side?

And is there a good resource for prop and motor matching....that doesn't require a phd in douple ee?
Fastmetal is offline Find More Posts by Fastmetal
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:49 AM
Stop me before I build again!
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Sep 2012
1,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmetal View Post
Nic, et al,

Would this quad design handle a 1245 prop with the recommend motor and esc's from the original parts list? Any down side?

And is there a good resource for prop and motor matching....that doesn't require a phd in douple ee?
The Emaxx 2822 would probably burn up with 1245's presuming the ESC didn't kick on you first. 12" is too big for 1300kv on 3s and might even have trouble on 2s.
brontide is offline Find More Posts by brontide
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:42 PM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
Thnx Brontide,

I suspected as much. 845......
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:04 AM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and putting these plans together. I built one of these and have been flying it daily. I love it!!! I'll post pictures and video from on board soon.
jneubs is offline Find More Posts by jneubs
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:16 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Looking for an alternative to www.mcmaster.com for listed parts, as they won't ship to Canada, and the LHS does not carry quantities needed of cap screws/ nylocks etc. - thanks for any alternatives !
phatchantz is offline Find More Posts by phatchantz
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:48 AM
United States, MO
Joined Dec 2012
149 Posts
Quad Copter Build...STUCK!

Nick_P

Included is a picture of what I am seeing during the bind attempt:
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Sep 2010
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatchantz View Post
Looking for an alternative to www.mcmaster.com for listed parts, as they won't ship to Canada, and the LHS does not carry quantities needed of cap screws/ nylocks etc. - thanks for any alternatives !
Phat, I'm using M3 Button head hexs found in local hardware shop or screw shop. Infact anything screw would do that keeps the frame together will do.... Hope tis help!
erunway1 is offline Find More Posts by erunway1