HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:04 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined May 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calla969 View Post
Anyone looking for good, readily available spacer material, I found this at Lowe's today. The tubes are about 1/4" od with about a 1/8" hole in the center. The package comes with 3 8" sections for $2. Quite stiff and feels very similar to Delrin.
Nice score - thanks for the info ( just got a Lowe's here 3 weeks ago )
phatchantz is offline Find More Posts by phatchantz
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2013, 11:33 PM
Central Coast, NSW, Australia
Joined Apr 2007
468 Posts
I am thinking of building this frame as I looks like exactly what I am after. I am just looking for some feedback from those who have built it as to how they feel it performs.

I am looking to use it for FPV as per its design. Anyone using it with a gopro onboard? Any vibes in the video?

Thanks in advance and thanks Nick for sharing the design.
deleted is offline Find More Posts by deleted
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
Spider quad with a mix of QAV500

Firstly, many thanks for posting your designs for everyone to use, it really is a big help.

I've been trying to design a spider quad for a while and its giving me some headache: I cant find what angles for the arms should be used? And does it matter?! What angles do you use on this version? And I also notice that the end points of the arms are equal when you look at the vertical axis whereas on the TBS disco for example the rear arms are not as far apart.

I would like to use your design coupled with the antivibration style layer seen on the QAV500 quadcopter but can seem to get passed what angles I should set the arms at!

Any help appreciated!
manstess is offline Find More Posts by manstess
Old Dec 02, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, MA, Tyngsborough
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Range using DragonLink

I am building this out of aluminum and using Dragon link TX with 3S battery. I was wondering if I can determine range/flight time with this setup? Assuming overall weight will be under 1,000g
kenpappas is online now Find More Posts by kenpappas
Old Dec 12, 2013, 04:14 PM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
CAD File

Can you send me the cad file and not an Adobe file. I can't convert Adobe file.
Thanks,
Ken
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
MultiWII 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zone7 View Post
This appears to be a great tool for producing the configuration files as covered in your build video tutorial #7.

http://panoramaic.se/configurator/
Have you seen this tool updated for the v2.5?
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:04 PM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Motor Selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_P View Post
If you have not made a motor purchase yet I would like to amend the motor recommendation in my parts list. I have been using http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_pa...roducts_id=376 and they are simply awesome on 8x4.5 or 9x4.5 props.
Which Motor is this Nick since this link is broken? I am looking to get max flight time with my motor, prop and battery on this frame.
ken
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:19 PM
United States, NJ, Edgewater Park
Joined Dec 2013
387 Posts
I'm guessing it's the same motors I have used. Which are the Sunnysky X2212-980kv motors. They are very nice motors for $20. Just a guess on kv,but there's other choices. Here's a link:

http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-x2212-13-980kv-ii.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpappas View Post
Which Motor is this Nick since this link is broken? I am looking to get max flight time with my motor, prop and battery on this frame.
ken
RC_Flying is offline Find More Posts by RC_Flying
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:38 PM
Joined Dec 2013
387 Posts
Anyone know the length of this quad. The PDF template I downloaded is slightly different than the one in the video. Not sure if the two pieces overlap or not. Here's two pictures with one overlaping the other. This template has four ovals,not sure if they overlap or not? Picture to the right is overlaping.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 03:41 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
ken
I use this motor now http://www.buddyrc.com/sunnysky-x2212-9-1400kv-ii.html I actually fly this motor on 4s with HD 8x4 props the graupner clones.

As far as the template, there is a link in the first post that you can download the packet from rcgroups or click view all attachments.
Nick_P is offline Find More Posts by Nick_P
Old Jan 04, 2014, 03:42 AM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showa...8&d=1345318094
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:11 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Hi Nick,
Would you happen to know total flying time with these motors and setup?
Thanks man!
Ken
Old Jan 04, 2014, 11:12 AM
Joined Jan 2013
29 Posts
Its a single template that you make two pieces out of. One piece you dont cut out the center holes. Send me an email and I will send you pics of the cutout I have done. kenpappas@comcast.net
Old Jan 04, 2014, 04:03 PM
DeSoto MO
Joined May 2003
541 Posts
Quote:
Hi Nick,
Would you happen to know total flying time with these motors and setup?
Thanks man!
Ken
I get 5 minutes of aggressive flying. If you are looking for duration then go lower kv with larger props. If you want 15ish minutes of hover I would go 4s 3300mah setup with x2216-12 800kv on 10x4.5 props.
Old Jan 04, 2014, 05:42 PM
Joined Dec 2013
387 Posts
Email sent. Thanks Ken! I run the Sunnysky 2212-1400kv on my tricopter and 2212-980 on my quad. Nicks suggestion of motors is more efficient than my 980kv motors. I really like the Sunnysky motors and BuddyRC sends them quick.

Quote:
Its a single template that you make two pieces out of. One piece you dont cut out the center holes. Send me an email and I will send you pics of the cutout I have done. kenpappas@comcast.net