SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 05, 2012, 07:10 PM
Ireland
Joined Jun 2011
111 Posts
Discussion
Hobbyking equivilent of the supercub with aileron

hi i am just wondering what hobbyking plane is the most similar plane to the super but with ailerons and great for starting off with as 1st plane
jamiek123 is offline Find More Posts by jamiek123
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:50 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Jun 2009
2,024 Posts
Just get a Champ to learn on, and get out on calm days.
Tony K is offline Find More Posts by Tony K
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:45 AM
United Kingdom, England, Nantwich
Joined Jan 2012
255 Posts
I got his one as my first serious trainer. Hand launches easy, flys great (even in some wind) and lands good to (a little up elevator to stop it nosing over). The packs are nice and cheap as well.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16551
Hixxer is offline Find More Posts by Hixxer
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:28 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
i have flown my brothers super cub a few times, and it is a really good plane. i watched a guy today that really knows what he is doing fly a super cub and he was doing rolls, loops, flying inverted and all kinds of stuff.

anyway i just maidened my first plane. it's the E-Flite Apprentice. it went very well. smooth, very stable, was really easy to fly, and the landings were perfect!! (today anyway!)
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:32 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,176 Posts
There is no equivalent Hobby King plane to a Super Cub. The most important characteristic of a Super Cub for a beginner is that you can buy every single part of that Super Cub separately for a decent price. Sure, you can buy an elevator linkage anywhere, but if you buy it from Fly Zone, you KNOW its a perfect replacement for the one you somehow destroyed. Kill the wing? Buy a new one. Fuselage? No problem. There is no crash you can't fix.

Buy a Hobby King plane. No replacement parts available. No parts list. No help from the vendor. You are on your own, Bub, and you're not ready for that yet. You saved a little money and you cost yourself a hobby. Great buy!

Look: my Slow Stick is 100% Hobby King. I have less than $80.00 in the thing, including radio and I love it. It will outfly any Champ out there. And I specifically caution that choosing it to learn to fly on is just a ticket to learning underwater basket weaving for your next hobby. Because you sure won't stay in this one if you try to start out on the cheap. Save money later. You have more important things to accomplish right now.
Rockin Robbins is online now Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:44 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2007
1,914 Posts
What RockinRobin said!
xmech2k is online now Find More Posts by xmech2k