HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:08 AM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,667 Posts
Doubletap:
I was thinking you'd just drive over to BH and do a pickup.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:27 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbc View Post
Doubletap:
I was thinking you'd just drive over to BH and do a pickup.
Yeah, but they charge you a $5 pickup fee, and when gas prices are over $4/ gallon, and with crappy LA traffic, I gladly pay the $ 11.67 UPS ground shipping.

I should have my SSS within the week.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 13, 2012, 09:01 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
"BTW, the fastest RC models in the world are all gliders/sailplanes, that's right, unpowered pure gliders are the fastest of all RC model aircraft."

The first time I heard that I could not believe it. I believe the new world record was set this past March by Spencer Lisenby at Bird Springs, speed 498 MPH with an unpowered glider of his own design/build. That guy is trying to break the sound barrier.

I don't know anything about the SSS except that it's really BIG.

Please don't be offended by my silliness, non of it is meant to be personal . But at this stage she is still a 'mail-order bride'.

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
I don't know anything about the SSS except that it's really BIG.

Please don't be offended by my silliness, non of it is meant to be personal . But at this stage she is still a 'mail-order bride'.

DJ
No offense taken, I'm just trying to help loosen up your wallet strings on another toy plane that you don't need but want.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:14 PM
USA, CA, Arcadia
Joined Apr 2006
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
No offense taken, I'm just trying to help loosen up your wallet strings on another toy plane that you don't need but want.
Note to self: Dont talk to Doubletap!every time I talk to Doubletap, my wallet opens up and I end up getting another plane. Don't talk to Doubletap!! LOL!

I'm just kidding around. The last time I bought something on your recommendation was a Sky Surfer. That has been the best recommendation I've listened to! It is such an all around versatile plane. Being a foamie, I don't worry about hangar rash or bumping into it in my "man cave".
It flys hands off yet when I put the nose down, it moves! I have since replace the 6mm wingrod with a 8mm one and am looking forward to flying next time.

Doubletap, I really appreciate the advice and insights you give on the forums! Keep it up, Buddy!

Vmax
vmaxmasonrya is offline Find More Posts by vmaxmasonrya
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:24 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,784 Posts
Any update on a discount code as me needs one.

Doubletap is there tx anygood as i was thinking the rtf might be good.
I use an Optic 6 ok old school 72 but it works great for me as everybody is using 2.4 so im clear.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Aug 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eckace1 View Post
Any update on a discount code as me needs one.

Doubletap is there tx anygood as i was thinking the rtf might be good.
I use an Optic 6 ok old school 72 but it works great for me as everybody is using 2.4 so im clear.

Unfortunately, BH has not coughed up a discount code for August, I couldn't wait any longer, so I finally pulled the trigger I am also using my own radio gear which will always be better than the included OEM units, I'm using my trusty old school Futaba 9CHP Super with an ASSAN X8 2.4 GHz RF module and extended CAMPAC memory chip with 108 total model memories. So I'm still waiting for my Super Sky Surfer, ordered on the 10'th but haven't even received a shipping confirmation, seems like BH is insanely busy or really dragging their feet. Put in an email requesting order status but haven't heard anything yet.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:08 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,824 Posts
Quote:
So I'm still waiting for my Super Sky Surfer, ordered on the 10'th but haven't even received a shipping confirmation, seems like BH is insanely busy or really dragging their feet. Put in an email requesting order status but haven't heard anything yet.

Order Date: Aug 10, 2012; 06:26:55am PDT
Order Number: 637-120810
Order Status: Done (Shipped)

it would seem it hasnt left USA yet, but it is in the hands of USPS
I'd hazard at a guess they'd be insanely busy lol
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:48 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
let me just rave on for a moment, Shimmy, hold your ears. Be advised I don't know anything about any of this but I am a business man and I have these thoughts.

Banana Hobby:
Sells more chit than they can deliver but the delivered product is good. Why?
Because the boxed product is good. Why? Because the the deal with the Mfd. in Shan something China is "You will send us a perfect product.com"

Where does this 'perfect product come from? A perfectly engineered model ('Plug', 'Master, Original') Where does that come from a sculptor.

There is nothing in front of you and nothing behind you made by man that didn't involve an 'Original' and that comes from a sculptor.

It seems that the RC airplane hobby exploded when the combo of Injected flex foam / Lipo batteries and electric motors came about. This didn't just create an innovation, it created a revolution. An entire business model.

Perfect product in, perfect product out, no 'Customer service' needed. Thats the perfect business model.

But no product made by man is perfect , only God so 'Customer Service IS required:

Q: "The screws that hold the wings on won't work"
A: "if you live North of the equator turn em' to the right".

And a thousand other questions.

In this managed relationship between dealers and producers the winner will be who can manager production of the 'perfect product', because no one can afford to fix it on the 'back end'. The cost for on-line talent that actually knows your talking about an airplane and not an RC car! How many of those do you need and what does that cost?

Hobby King ROCKS!!!!
But they don't have the best design connections.
You know

DJ
Last edited by Sculptor; Aug 14, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,784 Posts
Can I buy your sculptors for pennies on the dollar?
If so I need Italian marble in the 600 square foot range
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:49 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
WOO HOO!!! SSS Shipped!

Just got my UPS shipping confirmation, my Super Sky Surfer has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow!!!
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:57 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
ouch

that hurts....me.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:03 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Can I buy your sculptors for pennies on the dollar?
If so I need Italian marble in the 600 square foot range
And i'm of coarse to, as always carry a bucket of clear water up to the quary atop Mt. Carra and splast the water over the desired stone and in the rays of the raising sun I look into the stone and I see your sculpture.

It's a Bixler V2. It will be the greatest achement of the late 20th and early 21st century a FLYING ROCK!

Thanks for the fun,
DJ
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:05 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,784 Posts
Quote:
Just got my UPS shipping confirmation, my Super Sky Surfer has shipped and will be delivered tomorrow!!!
NICE !!!!

I will have to wait for a coupon.

please give us some pics so we can understand the real size of this thing please

Also would like to know if you could get by using 3s1p2200s and if not could you double up 2 of them?
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:18 PM
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
NICE !!!!

I will have to wait for a coupon.

please give us some pics so we can understand the real size of this thing please

Also would like to know if you could get by using 3s1p2200s and if not could you double up 2 of them?

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long, as Labor Day is just next month which normally has some BH promotional discounts. I'm wagering that the recommended 3600mah 3S pack size is more for CG placement more than anything, but you should be able to use a smaller pack as long as you can adjust the position to nail down the correct CG.