HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:07 PM
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
Here's a nice slow flight around the beach...

South Walton florida in the panhandle...enjoy!

Sky Surfing at grayton Beach Florida. (5 min 14 sec)

stealth01 is offline Find More Posts by stealth01
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
hmmm cant figure out how to get the new larger control rods through fuselage ! They wont fit in the tiny stock tubes and the tubes wont come out, must have glued the heck out of them ! I could just put a connector on each end of the stock rods,that would keep them from slipping out of the holes. Any ideas how to get the bigger rods in there ?
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seojeff View Post
The motor will have no problem, it's the ESC I would be concerned about. I run mine on 4s exclusively.
Thats great I have a ICE-50 so that should handle everything just need to tell my friend to purchase some 4s bats.
eckace1 is offline Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:40 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,794 Posts
Quote:
I was able to repair the SSS. Some boiled water, CA & accelerant and it flies fine. I installed servo arm extensions with tinier holes this time for a more secure connection.
Somehow I have a feeling it will fly way better :-)
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuatic View Post
Here is a formation flight from earlier today with a sss mother goose leading the way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtbAhp1jtUI&hd=1
excellent ! just how much wind did you have ? was sure bouncing around..
Old Sep 10, 2012, 05:49 PM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
I was able to repair the SSS. Some boiled water, CA & accelerant and it flies fine. I installed servo arm extensions with tinier holes this time for a more secure connection.
Hmmm i cant get the number 2 rods installed,tubes are to small, and they must be glued real good as they sure wont come out. Guess i can use the smaller servo arms like you did,and just use stock rods.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
OK, I am REALLY getting ticked off at BH now. Thursday, they said they had figured out the problem with my order for the SSS and it would ship by the end of that business day and they would provide tracking that day. Well, no ship, no tracking, and to this point, after the last reply telling me it would ship that day, no response to any messages.

Ive about had it!!!!
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
drop into the BH thread in Vendor discussion, they usually show up there and might be able to help you out.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:00 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
The motor will have no problem, it's the ESC I would be concerned about. I run mine on 4s exclusively.

Did you change the ESC before you started running 4S? or at least installed a separate switching BEC? because the cheapo stock 40A ESC with the integrated Linear BEC no way it will handle nearly 17V 'on a freshly charged 4S lipo" for very long, AND running 6 servos stepped down to 5V, that setup is a disaster waiting for happen. I wouldn't even run the stock ESC/BEC on 3S with a 6 mini servo drive load, I'm replacing the stock ESC with a 50A with a separate 5A witch mode BEC, just to fly on 3S.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:33 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
.....I just pulled the trigger.. I hope this isn't going to hurt
..Oh well!!
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:39 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Man i am having a heck of a time finding out what size the stock elev and rudder control rods are in the Blitz works super sky surfer, i bought a set of Sullivan 2-56X36" they are correct length,but are to big in dia to go into stock tubes, and can,t get the plastic tubes out. So im looking for a little smaller rod dia that will fit the stock tubes. should i get a larger number rod like a 4-40X36 or what ?? UPDATE.. Got some pliers on the plastic tube,twisted and pulled and broke the darn glue loose ! Got the bigger rods install and works fine !
Last edited by fastfwd; Sep 11, 2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:42 AM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
"Perhaps" I'll do what this guy did to his sss. This is another great video I happened to stumbled across.

(If this is a repeated footage... sorry)
WildLife and Super Sky Surfer at the LZ.wmv (10 min 6 sec)
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:16 AM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
"Perhaps" I'll do what this guy did to his sss. This is another great video I happened to stumbled across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kW33...e_gdata_player
You could just mount the ESC out on top in front of the motor pod.

I have never had an issue with a battery running "too" hot in an fixed wing. If the batt is getting too hot, you either have too small a battery, or its a lower discharge rating than is required for your set up (which are essentially the same thing). Fix those two problems and you should not have battery heat issues.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kW33...e_gdata_player
I went ahead and cut me a air flow in front like this guy, don't know what he used for a liner, but i got it looking close. should help a ton with the heat. ill be using a 3s 3600mah 35c paralleled with a 3s 2200mah 35c battery should be close on the weight
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
3,355 Posts
Quote:
.....I just pulled the trigger.. I hope this isn't going to hurt
..Oh well!!
you going to love it ! but get rid of the tiny control rods for elev and rudder