HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:50 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKUSA View Post
Has anyone purchased a Super Skysurfer in the past 2 weeks and received it, or at least shipping confirmation with tracking info?

I ordered an ARF 2 weeks ago, said in stock as it still does. Not shipped as of yet. No replies from BH, and Sebatian on their support forum here on RCG basically said "Its in Progress".......No Crap..Hmmm, I seem to have read that in my account on BH!!

This will be my last order with BH. I said that the last time too, but this time Im seriously done with BH. I dont mind so much that its taking so long to ship, but rather that they are a bunch of lying goons. If they would just tell the truth, and not play you for an idiot it wouldnt be so bad!!!!
I ordered mine at night, the following day got a confirmation of purchase, and later that same night got shipping info. it was delivered 7 days later, sent via ground. I've been thrilled with the service on this order. Plane was double boxed and had bubble-wrap. The last time I ordered it took almost two weeks. Have not tried their CS in over two years, did not have good dealings with them last time (Sarah). I'd pass on the "goons" comment, no need for that. If they have a 800 # give them a call.
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordks View Post

Somehow all this attention being paid to a video that just happened to document the crash seems to be in somewhat poor taste.

Gord
The reason the video has received comments is that the videographer is a frequent contributor to discussions here. The comments certainly do no take anything away from our sympathy for the pilot and his family and friends. Under the circumstances some might find your comment in poor taste.
kaptondave is online now Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:40 AM
United States, NJ, Kinnelon
Joined Aug 2005
43 Posts
Super Sky Surfer... info

I received mine about a week ago, $139 plus $20.78 for shipping to NJ.
It's pretty much assembled and ready for it's first flight, later this week.
The only two problems I found are:
1.) The flap connecting rods were too long. I had to cut them at the beginning of the "Z" bend and make a new "Z" bend on each rod. Perfect. The aileron rods were good.
2.) The main wing spar (a solid carbon rod that could be used to lift weights if needed) slid into one side easily, but would bind tightly in the other wing. I had to put sandpaper on the end of a long dowel and put it into a drill and insert it into the spar receiver, a hollow carbon rod built into the wing. After I removed the high spots it slid in much better.

I'll post an update after I fly the plane. The quality looks fantastic.

howieb38
howieb38 is offline Find More Posts by howieb38
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Nov 2008
207 Posts
I ordered mine on August 26th and got it today (September 4th) so great service

question:
I only found 2 servo covers...are there supposed to be 4? was too excited upon unpacking and throwing wrapping out in the garbage.
fbitz777 is offline Find More Posts by fbitz777
Old Sep 04, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, PA, Lewistown
Joined Mar 2012
812 Posts
I do believe that next month, I'll have to bite the bullet and buy myself one of these in the ARF version.
Maximilionalpha is offline Find More Posts by Maximilionalpha
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbitz777 View Post

question:
I only found 2 servo covers...are there supposed to be 4?.
That is 4 covers, you need to cut them down the middle, they won't fit over the servo control rods otherwise
Dogdude is online now Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:38 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Oct 2010
1,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbitz777 View Post

question:
I only found 2 servo covers...are there supposed to be 4? was too excited upon unpacking and throwing wrapping out in the garbage.
Well, there is seriously something wrong then. People are ordering, and receiving theirs AFTER I placed my order.

I have tried contacting them several times. I have not received any help directly through their CS channels, email, or phone. I did get a response from Sebastian here on RCG which is their CS rep here on their vendor forum. He couldnt tell me anything I didnt already know.

This has been typical with BH with nearly every order I have ever placed. I have not ordered from them in a few years because of it. Its a real shame they are the only place to currently get the SSS.
KKUSA is offline Find More Posts by KKUSA
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:42 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Quote:
Well, there is seriously something wrong then. People are ordering, and receiving theirs AFTER I placed my order.

I have tried contacting them several times. I have not received any help directly through their CS channels, email, or phone. I did get a response from Sebastian here on RCG which is their CS rep here on their vendor forum. He couldnt tell me anything I didnt already know.

This has been typical with BH with nearly every order I have ever placed. I have not ordered from them in a few years because of it. Its a real shame they are the only place to currently get the SSS.
So what did he tell you? He can offer no help at all?
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:46 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
The reason the video has received comments is that the videographer is a frequent contributor to discussions here. The comments certainly do no take anything away from our sympathy for the pilot and his family and friends. Under the circumstances some might find your comment in poor taste.
Thanks Dave.
I'm sorry if it looked like I was being petty that was not my intention.
This was a tragedy that I wish I never had to witness.
I along with Scott and many others that were there sat back down lowered our heads and did all we could do, saying a prayer.
I think most of us here would love to be able to do what they do for a living but we do the next best thing fly RC.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Sep 04, 2012, 04:53 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,781 Posts
Quote:

Another idea that might help as they are in the vender forum might try posting there nothing to lose.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
Oh really...

"Originally Posted by kaptondave
You "fixed it"? No, you messed it up. It was intentionally installed that way to counteract motor torque. On planes with front-mounted (puller) motors it is common practice to offset thrust to the right. On pushers, because motor thrust is acting behind the center of mass, the offset is to the left. High-mounted pushers also have considerable down-offset. I hope you did not "fix" that too."[/I][/I]

You know some of us actually have "real " stick time in aircraft sonny, you know like the ones you sit in. Yes I understand the reason the engine was offset to reduce of eliminate "P" factor if you know what that is but this motor was sitting 18 to 20 degrees off the centerline. It was installed incorrectly and I fixed it you gotta problem with that? What you need to do is realize not eveyone on line is a preteen holding one of daddys credit cards. Your assumption was wrong pal and the plane flys great hands off---Thanks for nothing.
stealth01 is offline Find More Posts by stealth01
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:11 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth01 View Post
You "fixed it"? No, you messed it up. It was intentionally installed that way to counteract motor torque. On planes with front-mounted (puller) motors it is common practice to offset thrust to the right. On pushers, because motor thrust is acting behind the center of mass, the offset is to the left. High-mounted pushers also have considerable down-offset. I hope you did not "fix" that too."[/I][/I]

You know some of us actually have "real " stick time in aircraft sonny, you know like the ones you sit in. Yes I understand the reason the engine was offset to reduce of eliminate "P" factor if you know what that is but this motor was sitting 18 to 20 degrees off the centerline. It was installed incorrectly and I fixed it you gotta problem with that? What you need to do is realize not eveyone on line is a preteen holding one of daddys credit cards. Your assumption was wrong pal and the plane flys great hands off---Thanks for nothing.
Dude, if you posted this sober, you might want to see your 'Anger management' professional!

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Sep 04, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
17 Posts
Thanks

I hope that's not a professional opinion.
stealth01 is offline Find More Posts by stealth01
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:04 PM
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Apr 2012
36 Posts
Cooling Options for the ESC

I just got my SSS in the air on Monday, and it flys great but as reported the ESC is a little warmer than I would like at the end of a 8 to 10 minuted flight.. Has anyone cut any cooling holes in the nose yet to see if that will help with cooling? I have an electic hot knife and was thinking of cutting two small vent holes on the top side of the nose similar to the ones used on the new Flyzone Calypso. Just wondering if that was worth a try.
Vern1960 is offline Find More Posts by Vern1960
Old Sep 04, 2012, 08:16 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth01 View Post

Whoa there stealth I'm sure you have "real stick time " but we are talking about rc toy planes here and the off set has been discussed many times.
I would also suggest since you are new here is to have a look at the site rules as personal attacks and insults are against said rules.

Dave has help out numerous flyers hear and on other threads.