Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 05, 2013, 01:14 PM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,571 Posts
IMO the RVOSD stock settings work quite well for most planes. That is if you follow the guide correctly and that you have a well dialed in airframe before you start installation.
boopidoo is online now Find More Posts by boopidoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:06 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The plane becomes a pleasure to fly when the CG is in the right position. The difference a small move makes, is surprising.

In my plane I've found that 3-3/4" to 4" works best. The further forward you move the CG, the more it tends to dive when launched, requiring a quick up-elevator to keep it off the grass (or off the snow in your case )
okay had to add a couple of weights in with battery but got her setup with 4" cog. now if the weather will just cooperate
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Old Mar 05, 2013, 04:35 PM
Geeks 'R' Us
United States, MO, Smithville
Joined Jan 2013
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamjames View Post
For those that are using a 4S setup.... what motor are you using and how did you mod the motor mount??
I'm 'way overpowered, but using a 100 A ESC with 8000 mAh battery; motor is EFlite Power 25 BL kv1250. (http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4025B)
HeartSailor is offline Find More Posts by HeartSailor
Old Mar 05, 2013, 06:09 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,354 Posts
Super Skysurfer FPV Pixim Seawolf footage (2 min 16 sec)

Super Skysurfer 10x6 3 Blade Prop (2 min 54 sec)
Dogdude is offline Find More Posts by Dogdude
Old Mar 05, 2013, 07:10 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Videos - Nicely done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdude View Post
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1du1Sn4iUgo
The first video is totally cool. Thanks. For me (only), the PIP in the 2nd one sort of subtracted from your usual excellent videos. Just my opinion... Keep 'em comin' and I will keep a watchin'.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Mar 05, 2013, 11:37 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2006
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSailor View Post
I'm 'way overpowered, but using a 100 A ESC with 8000 mAh battery; motor is EFlite Power 25 BL kv1250. (http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...odID=EFLM4025B)
There's no such thing as an overpowered airplane.

Only overweight, or out of balance, or incorrectly set up so it's hard to handle.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23304981
Little-Acorn is online now Find More Posts by Little-Acorn
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:45 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,051 Posts
does stock come with detachable wing mechanism? or you need to figure our yourself? 2M+ is way to big for my car, at least my skywalker 1900 wing are not glued together for transport, attachment list for this thread does not seem to have any picture of the wing assemblies
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Mar 06, 2013, 02:14 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Wing Attachment

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
does stock come with detachable wing mechanism? or you need to figure our yourself? 2M+ is way to big for my car, at least my skywalker 1900 wing are not glued together for transport, attachment list for this thread does not seem to have any picture of the wing assemblies
Check out Post #3 on THIS thread for a few ways to do that.
AJ
Old Mar 06, 2013, 03:16 AM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Check out Post #3 on THIS thread for a few ways to do that.
AJ
thank AJ, that mean no then , i did the wood mod #5 from your post for my small skysurfer, was hoping stock SSS already have one w/o any mod, i guess not
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Mar 06, 2013, 01:02 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
thank AJ, that mean no then , i did the wood mod #5 from your post for my small skysurfer, was hoping stock SSS already have one w/o any mod, i guess not
You are correct. The SSS does not have any mod to hold the wings in place. Your choices are rubber bands, velcro, magnets, or ???.
AJ
Old Mar 06, 2013, 06:01 PM
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2006
1,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
You are correct. The SSS does not have any mod to hold the wings in place. Your choices are rubber bands, velcro, magnets, or ???.
AJ
I think he was asking if it's possible to unplug the wings, or if they have to be left in place 24/7/365, spanning 8 feet even when you want to put it in your car.

Yes, they are designed to be unplugged, to make the plane easier to transport, store, etc.

Some folks think they they are a little too easy to unplug, and are worried that they might unplug themselves during flight. So several people have come up with ways of hooking them in place, so they won't detach until it's time to pack the plane up.

Here's one such scheme: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23173810
Little-Acorn is online now Find More Posts by Little-Acorn
Old Mar 06, 2013, 07:48 PM
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
I think he was asking if it's possible to unplug the wings, or if they have to be left in place 24/7/365, spanning 8 feet even when you want to put it in your car.

Yes, they are designed to be unplugged, to make the plane easier to transport, store, etc.

Some folks think they they are a little too easy to unplug, and are worried that they might unplug themselves during flight. So several people have come up with ways of hooking them in place, so they won't detach until it's time to pack the plane up.

Here's one such scheme: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post23173810
i put two nylon bolts down through fuse and glued nylon nuts in the wing for them to screw into,one for each wing in the widest part of wing. Then i cut a slot in fuse right under wings on each side for my servo connectors and put aileron plug and flap plug above it and glued them in place. So now two bolts and plug in servos and we are ready to fly
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Last edited by fastfwd; Mar 06, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:09 PM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
remove wings

Quote:
yes the wings can be removed....

I moded my SSS so it can be takin apart to get to the inside...

also put screws down the fuse through the wings to make sure they stay on..but are removable when you want..

see it here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...06026&page=190

scroll down to the post pics..
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:27 PM
9W2DLR
Joined Nov 2011
2,051 Posts
great now need to find a cheaper place to buy it
RCG Plus Member