HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:31 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
chanyote66's Avatar
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundcheque View Post
Wiring looks really neat.
And those LED's wowzers
Ya... I liked madcats setup but didnt want to go with CREE led's so this is just strip LED's with 2 Phillips LED's from home depot...

Red: 2.4W
Green: 2.4W
Blue: .8W
Flood: 6W

Overall about $30 in LED's
Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:35 AM
Registered User
United States, ID, Burley
Joined Mar 2012
3,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Good choice. What brand? Do you have a link?
AJ
well heck i got confused ! the 5amp bec is in the diamond 2500, this is what i have in the SSS and it is a 4amp
Spec.
Cont. Current: 50A
Burst Current: 70A
Battery: 2-6 Cell Lipo / 5-18 Cell Ni-XX
SBEC: 5.5V/ 4A Output
Size: 58*31*11mm
Weight: 45g

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=24716
fastfwd is offline Find More Posts by fastfwd
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:53 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
For you guys that shield some of your FPV stuff, i picked this up at a local electrical supplier. It's 3M Electrical shielding tape (no adhesive mind you), it's 1" by 15 feet long, see the mesh in the picture below. Wrap around your wire or device, solder a ground wire to it, voila.

Great for when everything is already wired up, more expensive than a tin foil hat.

Of course if you're wiring from scratch easier to use some small diameter metal flex sleeve to start with, and cheaper.

I'm going to shield some stuff on my SSS with this since it's already all wired up
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
Registered User
BldrFlyr's Avatar
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Nov 2012
124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
Progress on SSS attempt 2

Wiring the wings
Attachment 5477399Attachment 5477400Attachment 5477401

Testing all lights (no controller yet)
Attachment 5477402Attachment 5477403Attachment 5477404
Looking good.
BldrFlyr is offline Find More Posts by BldrFlyr
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:17 PM
Registered User
antennahead's Avatar
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
For you guys that shield some of your FPV stuff, i picked this up at a local electrical supplier. It's 3M Electrical shielding tape (no adhesive mind you), it's 1" by 15 feet long, see the mesh in the picture below. Wrap around your wire or device, solder a ground wire to it, voila.

Great for when everything is already wired up, more expensive than a tin foil hat.

Of course if you're wiring from scratch easier to use some small diameter metal flex sleeve to start with, and cheaper.

I'm going to shield some stuff on my SSS with this since it's already all wired up
nice tip. I am currently wiring up an FPv setup and I'm using this. awsome for smaller wires. but same concept
[url]http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062744[/url
Edit: I'm not sure if this is the exact stuff, but I bought some desoldering braid some time ago from Radio shack that came on a roll that is hollow inside. the link may be just flat braid.....I'm not sure
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Last edited by antennahead; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:22 PM
KG5AWQ
guaglione87's Avatar
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
561 Posts
The velcro on my wings does not seem to be doing the job to hold the wings in. Any other solutions out there that are not too invasive?

I dont like the idea of drilling holes through the top of the fuselage and into the wings, because that section is weak already, so I open to new ideas.
guaglione87 is online now Find More Posts by guaglione87
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:28 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
The velcro on my wings does not seem to be doing the job to hold the wings in. Any other solutions out there that are not too invasive?

I dont like the idea of drilling holes through the top of the fuselage and into the wings, because that section is weak already, so I open to new ideas.
rare earth magnets along the inner edges of those wings? that's what i do, works well, much better than velcro
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:49 PM
KG5AWQ
guaglione87's Avatar
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
rare earth magnets along the inner edges of those wings? that's what i do, works well, much better than velcro
Done deal. If you get the really good ones, it's amazing what they can hold. Dont know why i didnt think of that. In any case, I can embed them in the foam on the inner parts of the wing. Question is, which type of adhesive do you use to hold the magnets in?
guaglione87 is online now Find More Posts by guaglione87
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:56 PM
Registered User
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
4,967 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
Done deal. If you get the really good ones, it's amazing what they can hold. Dont know why i didnt think of that. In any case, I can embed them in the foam on the inner parts of the wing. Question is, which type of adhesive do you use to hold the magnets in?
medium foam safe CA works great, then a small piece of packing tape over that area. Works like a charm as those suckers can pull right out.
porcia83 is online now Find More Posts by porcia83
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2013, 10:59 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
The velcro on my wings does not seem to be doing the job to hold the wings in. Any other solutions out there that are not too invasive?

I dont like the idea of drilling holes through the top of the fuselage and into the wings, because that section is weak already, so I open to new ideas.
Well, what I've done with mine, is use a very thin nozzle spread of low temp hot glue around the wing chord. Let it cool dry for a sec, slide into place and that's it. What that does is makes for a very taught yet rubbery secure grip.
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:31 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
Done deal. If you get the really good ones, it's amazing what they can hold. Dont know why i didnt think of that. In any case, I can embed them in the foam on the inner parts of the wing. Question is, which type of adhesive do you use to hold the magnets in?
drill a hole into the foam the diameter of the magnet so the surface sits flush with the edge, dab a bit of epoxy in there, but even after the epoxy set i wrapped some clear packing tape from one surface of the wing -> over the edge (magnets), and back over the other edge of the wing, guaranteed the magnets could not pop out, because they are that strong
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:33 AM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-LO View Post
Well, what I've done with mine, is use a very thin nozzle spread of low temp hot glue around the wing chord. Let it cool dry for a sec, slide into place and that's it. What that does is makes for a very taught yet rubbery secure grip.
only problem with hot glue in cold climates (i regularly fly in freezing temperatures) is that it literally snaps. I've had stuff fall off my planes & multi rotors. If you only fly warm temperatures hot glue is fine, otherwise better use epoxy
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:37 AM
Registered User
United States, AZ, Sierra Vista
Joined Dec 2007
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polix View Post
only problem with hot glue in cold climates (i regularly fly in freezing temperatures) is that it literally snaps. I've had stuff fall off my planes & multi rotors. If you only fly warm temperatures hot glue is fine, otherwise better use epoxy
SHOE GOO/GOOP! HOUSE HOLD GOOP..ETC.. Stuff is awesome for EPO/EPP. never snaps, drys clear and remains strong. perfect for EPP repairs as it strinks a little as it drys pulling the parts together for an almost invisible seam.

I also used some goop to make skid plates on the nose and wing tips and tail. I also used it to help hold the control horns more securely to control surfaces. I have very little play in my surfaces. It drys tough and lightweight!

the awesome part is that depending on what surface material you use it on, if you make a mistake you can rub it off if still soft or peel it off if its already hard without normally damaging the surfaces....


Try it you will love it.

R/
ltdorn1 is offline Find More Posts by ltdorn1
Last edited by ltdorn1; Jan 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:15 PM
Registered User
G-LO's Avatar
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
1,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdorn1 View Post
SHOE GOO/GOOP! HOUSE HOLD GOOP..ETC.. Stuff is awesome for EPO/EPP. never snaps, drys clear and remains strong. perfect for EPP repairs as it strinks a little as it drys pulling the parts together for an almost invisible seam.

I also used some goop to make skid plates on the nose and wing tips and tail. I also used it to help hold the control horns more securely to control surfaces. I have very little play in my surfaces. It drys tough and lightweight!

the awesome part is that depending on what surface material you use it on, if you make a mistake you can rub it off if still soft or peel it off if its already hard without normally damaging the surfaces....


Try it you will love it.

R/
Excellent suggestion! Matter of fact I have some in my rc box next to the bed.

Canada is a very cold place compared to VA beach. For me the spread hot glue is faster and does the trick in my area - even tho its 32 now. That's a spring day for Canadians
G-LO is online now Find More Posts by G-LO
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:57 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
CrashAffinity's Avatar
Joined Nov 2012
2,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdorn1 View Post
SHOE GOO/GOOP! HOUSE HOLD GOOP..ETC.. Stuff is awesome for EPO/EPP. never snaps, drys clear and remains strong. perfect for EPP repairs as it strinks a little as it drys pulling the parts together for an almost invisible seam.

I also used some goop to make skid plates on the nose and wing tips and tail. I also used it to help hold the control horns more securely to control surfaces. I have very little play in my surfaces. It drys tough and lightweight!

the awesome part is that depending on what surface material you use it on, if you make a mistake you can rub it off if still soft or peel it off if its already hard without normally damaging the surfaces....


Try it you will love it.

R/
Thanks for the suggestion i'll try that
CrashAffinity is offline Find More Posts by CrashAffinity
RCG Plus Member
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Banana Hobby BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer JoshB Electric Plane Talk 12 Feb 14, 2012 11:01 PM
Found Looking for BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Airframe Only or Wing Set cutty01 Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W) 0 Aug 16, 2010 03:16 PM
Discussion BlitzRCWorks Sky Surfer Aerobatic Flench Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 4 Feb 13, 2010 03:17 PM
Discussion sky surfer powered parachute $29.95 w/ Free shipping interplanet Hot Online Deals 26 Dec 30, 2008 10:58 PM