HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:36 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricClark View Post
YWell, he got away with it. I guess personal attacks are ok.

Eric
Geezzee. You finally get it. However, your personal attacks are unwarranted judgement calls solely by you and reflects quite badly on you. YOU should be ashamed of yourself for quoting me saying something that is your complete fabrication and an out and out lie. One ONLY ESC (not products) was defective. Finally, show me where I even remotely sugggested that their products "are not worth buying" I think at the minimum, you owe me an apology for telling the lie and another for the undeserved personal attacks.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 21, 2013 at 06:38 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:47 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
I do believe you are correct. She was a bit tail heavy but I did all I could with the 3 s 4000 mah I had at the field. I will put my 4s 4000mah and move the cg up.

A thought about those using gyros to run cg way far back - that really kills efficiency. Reason being is that you more often have the control surfaces deflecting to keep the plane stabile. You can imagine in turn how constant up ele is not efficient as a properly balanced plane where neutral ele balances the plane. Not to mention that non sense kills ur range of deflection. Just my 2 cents
You are right. The payoff is being able to use a much lighter LiPo (2.3A or 3.0A) and a far, far more aerobatic plane plus being able to land in the small area like the one shown in the video . For me, I prefer the lighter weight and the plane is actually more efficient because of it. I think you made a small error in your CG reference. I have to run a tiny bit of down elevator (tail heavy) when the CG is moved a good bit rearward. Up elevator compensates for a nose heavy plane like the one LA flies
It is worthy of note that I HAVE to use a gyro because of my LiPo choice.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 17, 2013 at 01:18 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 02:27 AM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
546 Posts
HI guys, just a question whats the biggest prop can the SSS accommodate? irregardless as to whats the capability of the stock motor.
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Jan 17, 2013, 04:05 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Using the stock mount??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
HI guys, just a question whats the biggest prop can the SSS accommodate? irregardless as to whats the capability of the stock motor.
Do you mean without moving the position of the stock motor?
AJ
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Jun 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Do you mean without moving the position of the stock motor?
AJ
Hmmm im not sure I understand you question. What I meant was the range of I understand stock it uses 8" right? I was wondering if the space between the motor and the fuselage can accomodate 10" or even 11" I got kinda confused since by looking at the picture it seems that it cannot accommodate anything bigger than 9" but in this review it says he used 13"

http://z8rc.com/2012/11/blitzrcworks...flight-review/
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:27 AM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
649 Posts
Quote:
You are right. The payoff is being able to use a much lighter LiPo (2.3A or 3.0A) and a far, far more aerobatic plane plus being able to land in the small area like the one shown in the video . For me, I prefer the lighter weight and the plane is actually more efficient because of it. I think you made a small error in your CG reference. I have to run a tiny bit of down elevator (tail heavy) when the CG is moved a good bit rearward. Up elevator compensates for a nose heavy plane like the one LA flies
It is worthy of note that I HAVE to use a gyro because of my LiPo choice.
AJ
Oh I thought we were talking about flying inverted... Haha right - ment to say down ele for the tail heavy plane.

It's like a quote I once heard on the 3d forums " when flying inverted down is up and up is expensive" hhaha
guaglione87 is online now Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:25 AM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
402 Posts
Quote:
Going completely stock, I believe you might be able to get an APC e 9" max on there.
I am using an O.S. .25 Brushless Motor 3820-1200kv: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBHEN&P=7 which has a little spacer on the shaft that causes the prop to sit a little further out of the motor nacelle. Without any modification, and using this motor, I can get an APC e 10" prop on there (barely). If you want to go with a bigger prop, you'll probably have to do some modifications.
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:35 AM
Joined Jan 2010
3,529 Posts
Quote:
... show me where I even remotely sugggested that their products "are not worth buying" I think at the minimum, you owe me an apology for telling the lie and another for the undeserved personal attacks.
AJ
Quote:
I sent the ESC in and Castle replaced it because the automatic temp shutoff failed (obviously). But, I had to fight with them pretty hard to get that. They wanted me to pay half the cost for an ESC that was only 1 month old. To this day, I will never use a CC ESC for anything.
Post #2381. Emphasis added.
kaptondave is offline Find More Posts by kaptondave
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Jun 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
Going completely stock, I believe you might be able to get an APC e 9" max on there.
I am using an O.S. .25 Brushless Motor 3820-1200kv: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBHEN&P=7 which has a little spacer on the shaft that causes the prop to sit a little further out of the motor nacelle. Without any modification, and using this motor, I can get an APC e 10" prop on there (barely). If you want to go with a bigger prop, you'll probably have to do some modifications.
Hi thanks for the info!!!
any suggestions on how to do an easy mod? a link to a modification will be highly appreciated. will do my own search as well
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:43 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Ups and Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
Oh I thought we were talking about flying inverted... Haha right - ment to say down ele for the tail heavy plane.

It's like a quote I once heard on the 3d forums " when flying inverted down is up and up is expensive" hhaha
Yeah, That still tickles me to this day. Thanks for sharing it.
AJ
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:55 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Link did not work - Am I doing something wrong?

Quote:
Hmmm im not sure I understand you question. What I meant was the range of I understand stock it uses 8" right? I was wondering if the space between the motor and the fuselage can accomodate 10" or even 11" I got kinda confused since by looking at the picture it seems that it cannot accommodate anything bigger than 9" but in this review it says he used 13"

http://z8rc.com/2012/11/blitzrcworks...flight-review/
Ah, Got it now. Without modification to the mount or the fuselage or motor, a 9" prop is the maximum. I could not get your link to work. It took me to cnn.com. Still, though, if someone is using a 10" or above prop, then it must be with a different mount and/or cutting a "slot" in the fuselage. A few guys are putting a 1/8" (or something like it) that covers the hole in the fuselage and then mounting a motor to it. Perhaps, one of them, will kindly post a picture of that type of setup. I hope this helps.....
AJ
P.S. Technically, a 9.5 x 7.5 would fit. But, if you do, check the amp draw with a watt meter first.
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 17, 2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:00 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptondave View Post
Post #2381. Emphasis added.
At least you now finally got the quote correct rather than put words on a page that I never typed. Grammatically, they are very different. In the future, quote folks directly. He should not make up lies or spin it the way he wants it to read. On a technical level, my post was not directed at you. So, it really is none of your business.
AJ
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined Jun 2008
546 Posts
Quote:
Ah, Got it now. Without modification to the mount or the fuselage or motor, a 9" prop is the maximum. I could not get your link to work. It took me to cnn.com. Still, though, if someone is using a 10" or above prop, then it must be with a different mount and/or cutting a "slot" in the fuselage. A few guys are putting a 1/8" (or something like it) that covers the hole in the fuselage and then mounting a motor to it. Perhaps, one of them, will kindly post a picture of that type of setup. I hope this helps.....
AJ
P.S. Technically, a 9.5 x 7.5 would fit. But, if you do, check the amp draw with a watt meter first.
oh I see thanks for the input. Ill try that by the way if you want to see it you can just google super skysurfer review it will pop up in the first page
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:23 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Link please

Quote:
oh I see thanks for the input. Ill try that by the way if you want to see it you can just google super skysurfer review it will pop up in the first page
Do you mean the review by DoubleTap? The basic z8rc.com takes me to cnn.com .
Check out THIS search. All the links take me to cnn.com. IE 8 does the same thing.
Also, for you guys that are looking for a Sky Surfer (54" WS), HERE is a heck of a good deal. If I did not already own 3 of them, I would buy another.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Jan 17, 2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:37 AM View Post
BravoGolf
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while BravoGolf edits it. Show it to me anyway.