Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:18 PM
Walkera fan-boi
USA, FL, Sunny Isles Beach
Joined Jun 2009
166 Posts
Help!
Missing component on Losi 1/24 Micro Rally Brushless RX

I was in the process of repairing a detached cable from my RX/ESC to the power switch when I accidentally brushed up against the board and may have inadvertantly removed a component.

Its immediately to the right of the spots where the wires for the switch go connected to the board on the bottom. I realise the description may not be enough, so a picture is below:

I've marked the questionable area with a blue arrow.

There are essentially 3 possibilities:
1) Nothing goes there
2) The pads were bridged with solder
3) There's a missing semiconductor that got swallowed up by a ball of solder on the tip of my iron

Help!
Charlie
MiniChopper4Me is offline Find More Posts by MiniChopper4Me
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
Walkera fan-boi
USA, FL, Sunny Isles Beach
Joined Jun 2009
166 Posts
I called Horizon Hobby and the guy I spoke with offered to see if they had one in support so that he could take a look at it and tell me what it looks like, but go figure: he opened it up only to find the receiver board missing :P

I did test it as is (with nothing on the pads) and it doesn't work. I looked high and low for a semiconductor on my workbench, but I couldn't find anything. I strongly suspect the pads were bridged with a ball of solder, but I'd love it if someone could confirm my suspicion before I go powering it up and shorting out the receiver (looks like it runs $75 for a replacement)

Charlie
MiniChopper4Me is offline Find More Posts by MiniChopper4Me
Old Aug 06, 2012, 10:38 PM
Joined Jun 2012
11 Posts
Can you take picture of other side and a picture from the edge nearest the edge? All as close as you can.

I may be able to help.
12strangers is offline Find More Posts by 12strangers
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:48 AM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,492 Posts
did a pice fall off ???
also if thats the board that you brushed it looks to be fine inorder to screw it up you would need to not brush but to say hold it for 2 or more seconds to melt the solder and does not appear to have done that as it would be smeared all over . id say try it and if it works no harm no foul.

remenber these boards have lots of spots that look as if it had something there but maby on this model does not get my drift as in they use the same boards for many applications.
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak