HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Lexta, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:18 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
Wheel mods complete
Lexta is offline Find More Posts by Lexta
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Royal Australian Navy Sea Fury
Old Aug 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
United States, NC, Rocky Mt
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
Stunning! Could we get some flight video of that beauty. How is that mrrcsound system. I am thinking of buying a few.
P-51 flyby is offline Find More Posts by P-51 flyby
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:30 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
Starmax 1600mm P-51B Conversion with sound system (1 min 0 sec)

Sound system is great for the money. Maybe not as loud as others but at half the price they aregreat for the average modeller
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:47 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexta View Post
http://youtu.be/XuAFco8KKOg

Sound system is great for the money. Maybe not as loud as others but at half the price they aregreat for the average modeller
Great video, thanks Lexta. You have hit the nail on the head as far as what my sound unit is aimed for. Trying to keep the price down for the average Joe, but keep the volume up as much as possible. The only way to go louder is a larger amp, then that means you would need a larger speaker. Now you are out of room in this size plane. Size, weight, and price all go up, to put out just a few more DB.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
That is fantastic! I have seen the videos on youtube of that system in the FMS mustang..Matched with your P-51B mod its perfect add some machine gun led's in the wing and sell me your mustang!!! Once I get some funds I think I must try a few of those systems though. I have a few stangs that need some sound.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 08:57 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Andrew,

Your service is first rate and your product is just what an old modeller craves.

Keep it up I hope people see my vid and buy your product. The FW 190 sound is awesome as well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:03 AM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 flyby View Post
That is fantastic! I have seen the videos on youtube of that system in the FMS mustang..Matched with your P-51B mod its perfect add some machine gun led's in the wing and sell me your mustang!!! Once I get some funds I think I must try a few of those systems though. I have a few stangs that need some sound.
thanks but I am sure you could build one of these yourself, As long as you can get a top-flite comversion kit, tower hobbies sells ehem in the states,
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2003
1,110 Posts
Its a plan on the table I was joking with you. Thanks for posting your mods though. I didnt even know topflite made a mod kit until seeing this. May I ask why you chose balsa over making foam parts to the same size as the balsa templates. I was thinking it may save weight. Also do you think the Topflite parts would fit on a FMS or would the parts be too big you think?
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:43 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
The Top-flite conversion kit fits the 1700mm FMS Mustang. Too big for the 1400mm. I did get a parkflyerpastics Malcom Hood for the e-flite P-51B which I think may be able to fit the 1400mm P-51.

The Conversion kit comes with a Plan, Canopy, Formers, Stringers, Balsa sheet and Thick balsa for the turtle-deck.

I actually cut slots in the fuse and slipped the ply formers into these. The rear former was not used but I cut away the rear of the origonal fuse and left foam as the former. I lined up all the stringers and cut slots for them in the rear foam former which matted with the fin/rudder.

I used the Balsa because it formed well and sanding the foam would have been a mess.

Good luck with your futre projects
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:25 PM
Victoria BC Canada
Joined Jan 2008
1,546 Posts
Starmax P-51 at Spectrum (4 min 39 sec)
RCG Plus Member