HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by LWMP, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:07 AM
Less Work More Play
Australia, VIC, Ferntree Gully
Joined Jan 2012
88 Posts
Mini-Review
Phoenix Sim - My Review

My Review of Phoenix RC Simulator

To sum it up in one word, awesome. This program is a must have for anyone entering this hobby and wanting to get a feel for flying an RC plane before they take the plunge and put the real thing at risk. I bought the software with exactly that in mind and am very glad I did.

For the Beginner
If you are new to RC see this beginners guide.

As a beginner myself, I can say that this is almost essential if you are not being trained by an experienced pilot using a buddy box system. Actually flying a radio control plane or helicopter takes getting used to and mistakes are inevitable. The problem is that those mistake will probably cost you your model every time you make them flying the real thing. On the sim you can crash as many times as you like with no extra cost or time spent re-building. Seriously, just sit down with this thing for 1 hour and count how many times you would have written off your aircraft. The software will have paid for itself many times over.

It will also shorten the learning curve and you will be up and flying successfully in no time. Trust me I did it!

For Experienced

Now understand that I still consider myself somewhat of a beginner but let me say that this is a great program for the experienced. In fact I have heard many interviews with the top 3d pilots in the US and they all say the same thing when asked the questions 'What is your advice for someone wanting to compete?' The answer is always, 'Spend as many hours as you can on the sim'. They never say get out and fly as many hours as you can they say to get on the sim. Why? Because you can practice those complex maneuvers over and over again until it is perfectly polished then take it to your real machine with confidence.

Why Phoenix over other Sims.

There are other good simulators out there such as Real Flight. However I highly recomend Phoenix as it is fully updateable for life. Nothing more to pay ever. That means you get the latest software, physics, and graphics updates when they become available. Even better you also get to download all the latest aircraft as soon as they become available at no extra cost. Phoenix has most of the most popular models availble from companies such as Hobbyzone, Parkzone, Eflight and T-rex.

You can purchase a copy of the software and sync cable with a massive 32% discount Here.
Or
Order the complete package with DX5e for 30% Here.
LWMP is offline Find More Posts by LWMP
Last edited by LWMP; Aug 07, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts