HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:02 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,194 Posts
Discussion
Could This Be Why Obama Will Now Help In Syria?

Has the Muslim Brotherhood set up a militia in Syria? Interesting. Who is in charge in Egypt now?
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by LcJ; Aug 05, 2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Correct title
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:09 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,542 Posts
Chalk that one up to your dear Dubya who wished democracy to flourish throughout the Middle East.

BTW, a Syria military intervention for the US or NATO is a non-starter.
herrmill is offline Find More Posts by herrmill
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:20 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrmill View Post
Chalk that one up to your dear Dubya who wished democracy to flourish throughout the Middle East.

Barrack, is that you? Wow, now we know where the data mining came from. Obama posts here.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:27 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
444 Posts
Quote:

Or if the US does I am sure the President will go to Congress... just like Libya. Oh wait...
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:33 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
According to the article, yes. Several other Sunni Islamist groups are already fighting on the same side as the so-called Free Syria Army, all hoping for a share of the spoils of war, so I'm not surprised that the Muslim Brotherhood would join in as well.

Quote:
Who is in charge in Egypt now?
The same people who were in charge before the ''revolution,''... the US supported military dictatorship.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:36 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:

Talk about grasping at straws to blame Bush. Pathetic. Bush had nothing at all to do with it.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:36 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:

US foreign policy still seems to be consistent with what PNAC advocated, despite the change of President.

Dusty
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:51 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,542 Posts
State of the Union 2005: Bush Pushes Aggressive Foreign Policy of "Spreading Democrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Talk about grasping at straws to blame Bush. Pathetic. Bush had nothing at all to do with it.
Funny but I still hear those exact ringing words from a certain State of the Union address...

Quote:
"America 's actions will result in the spread of democracy in the broader Middle East - an important step that will provide an alternative to terror and violence."
...shortly after someone proclaimed the following after winning re-election.

Quote:
"The people made it clear what they wanted. I earned capital in the campaign, political capital, and I intend to spend it."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004...ions2004.usa20

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archiv...theunion/2005/
Old Aug 05, 2012, 08:59 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Funny but I still hear those exact ringing words from a certain State of the Union address...

...shortly after someone proclaimed the following after winning re-election.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004...ions2004.usa20

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archiv...theunion/2005/
He hasn't been in office in years. Egypt, Lybia and Syria were all stable countries when Obama took office. They collapsed 2.5 years into Obama's presidency. If you want to blame any president for the situations there you can only blame Obama. I know he's your guy and you hate to admit the facts but they are what they are.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:06 AM
Shanghai'd Expat
Xiaoshan, China
Joined Jun 2006
4,542 Posts
And you blame Obama for those countries' "collapse"???!!! Come on! Get a grip man & do some reading!!!!! If you want to blame anything, blame Al Jazerra, Facebook & Twitter.

BTW, it all started in Tunisia with a martyred fruit vendor if you'd bother to read the news & its not about to end with Syria.

And no, I'm not in it for Obama which some of you folks just can't understand why anyone who doesn't support Romney then must be one of 'dem liberals. Unlike you folks in that conservative bubble, I'm not sheep & tend to think for myself & not for the herd about me.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:16 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,194 Posts
I think some have conveniently forgotten Mr. Obama's Kiss the World's Arse Apology Tour.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:19 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
And you blame Obama for those countries' "collapse"???!!! Come on! Get a grip man & do some reading!!!!! If you want to blame anything, blame Al Jazerra, Facebook & Twitter.

BTW, it all started in Tunisia with a martyred fruit vendor if you'd bother to read the news & its not about to end with Syria.

And no, I'm not in it for Obama which some of you folks just can't understand why anyone who doesn't support Romney then must be one of 'dem liberals. Unlike you folks in that conservative bubble, I'm not sheep & tend to think for myself & not for the herd about me.
Nope. I don't blame Obama for the collapse. I blame the current environment in those countries and I don't think it has much to do with our president until we started dropping bombs. You tried to blame Bush and I simply pointed out if you are going to blame any president you have to blame the current one. Bush had nothing to do with it.

As far as you not supporting Obama. I know what you say but your actions speak much louder than your words.
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:22 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
I think some have conveniently forgotten Mr. Obama's Kiss the World's Arse Apology Tour.
I pay more attention to what politicians do, rather than what they say.

Dusty
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:32 AM
Joined Apr 2005
42 Posts
Quote:

Then who are you for? Or are you just comeing down here to stir
the pot? like so many others, and just haveing fun!
704hank is offline Find More Posts by 704hank
Old Aug 05, 2012, 09:36 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Joined Mar 2003
5,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
I pay more attention to what politicians do, rather than what they say.

Dusty
Well he bent over a bunch but no body kissed his except at home.
RCG Plus Member