HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2012, 12:23 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Discussion
Ace Seamaster 40 is my new "toy"

I am like a kid in the candy store right now!

My wife and daughter left me home alone for a few days and I just happened to stumble across someone local who was downsizing and had an Ace Seamaster 40 for sale with a OS 46fx complete with the wheel kit.

Not sure if I'll get out tomorrow to fly it as we are slated for another windy day and traveling for the week for work.

Some people would classify it probably as "ugly" but I am excited to get it out to our club's float fly in September. (though it will fly before then)

The guy I bought it from didn't have any of the manuals or information on throws/cg. I have found the CG online for it, however if anyone has an idea of setting throws that would be great. (Still one thing I am not good at estimating....I always guess "strong")

And if anyone has a copy of the manual in electronic format, if I could get a copy...that'd be great. Definately one plane in my growing "stable" that I probably won't get rid of.

Now, I just need to get it hanging in the garage with the others for 12 hours......I figure when the wife sees it tomorrow (if she notices it) I can use the 12 hour rule and state...."Ah...that plane....it's been hanging there forever!"

I'll have to get a picture up sometime here of my new toy......

Oh...and I want to express a "thanks" to my daughter......if it wasn't for her accidentally backing her powerwheels jeep up into the tail of my Eagle 63 while I was mocking up the floats for it.....I'd have never been looking for a built float plane for the upcoming event.....

Well, back to getting it set up.

Steve
dragonsm is offline Find More Posts by dragonsm
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2012, 01:43 AM
United States, SD, Sioux Falls
Joined Jun 2011
89 Posts
Found a copy of a manual with the throws online
dragonsm is offline Find More Posts by dragonsm
Last edited by dragonsm; Aug 05, 2012 at 10:21 AM.