HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Discussion
ice 100 spools head faster than blades....wobbles

im on the lowest setting in the CC ice 100. Both the spool up speed and the initial power setting are both on the lowest settings and when my heli first starts the head spins faster than the blades . this throws the balance off untill the centrifigul force evens the blades out. only problem is it really wobbles until that happens and im afraid im going to tip over.......Any ideas or tips?

thanks!
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
Tighten your blades...
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Aug 04, 2012, 09:55 PM
Don't take any wooden nickels
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2012
2,218 Posts
maybe tighten the blades a little more, but leaving a little movement so they can straighten themselves out. I tighten mine down sometimes and worry that they might be too tight to straighten themselves out, but as long as they aren't too tight they seem to straighten out (even having said it, this means nothing on paper ).

what about spooling up slower with the throttle stick? what start speed is your esc set to? for helis you basically want verysoft or at least soft.
finguz is online now Find More Posts by finguz