SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:14 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,258 Posts
Mini-Review
FMS / BlitzRC Cessna 182 55-inch wing span!

Okay, woke up at 4:30am this morning and took out all parts of the model and hardware, plus glue. Finished the assembly right at 7:38am and this includes trying to use the useless Glue that was provided in the Box! I would not recommend using this Glue! The Strut keepers that go on the underside of the wing and FUSE, I used 5-minute epoxy and worked great! I do hope this Glue that came with the model is okay for the Horizontal and Vertical Stabs as that is what I used at this location.

Things I liked about the model:
1. Scale Details, the Struts, Antennas, decals, paint.
2. Magnet detach / reattach Cowl. (Wish FLyZone SENSEI had this...)
3. All cable harnesses and hardware included.
4. All Servos, including those for FLAPS are included! (Hello Park Zone)
5. Brushless Motor and ESC included.
6. Lights Included.
7. Super easy plastic horn and horn anchor plates that go on super easy!
8. Pilot Figure included! (Hello E-Flite!).

Things that I did not Like about the Model:

1. Instructions are super poor and images are really poor quality.
2. Did not know that the Y-Connectors - Extensions were in the Battery hatch!
3. Wing attachment to FUSE is not the best. You need another pair of hands!
4. Plastic Keel that allows the insertion of Wing Dowels made of poor plastic and easy will break.
5. Glue provided should not be used on Plastic parts -to- Foam parts!
6. Spinner is made of cheap Snap-On Plastic! I hope it does not fly Off! (No securing screws)
7. The prop adapter had some questionable threads!

BUILD SUMMARY:

Since I was expecting everything in the plastic bags and did NOT see the Y-Connector / Extension Cable Harnesses, I had thought that they were not included and started to search my hobby drawers for some......

It was not until I was ready to attach the wing -to- FUSE and did so (It was a Royal Pain in the ASHE ). You need another pair of hands to keep the two halves of the wings together while you apply downward pressure to allow for the frontal plastic dowels to enter that sorry designed Frontal FUSE plastic keel piece! When I flipped the model upside down and on it's wing assembly, I took off the Battery Hatch where I noticed all the Y-Connectors / Extension cables!!!

Had to take OFF the freaking Wing Assembly from the FUSE to repeat the insertion of the correct Y-Connectors / Extension cables all over again! (This was in a way okay since I had the Lights Disconnected on the first attempt)

The Rectangular Plastic piece that is inserted Vertically and accepts all cables coming from the Wing Assembly (so many wires!) really needs to be larger in width as just too many wires go through here and it was another PAIN IN THE ASHE!!!

IMPORTANT: This is NOT a beginner model in any shape of the imagination! I do realize it is a high wing but, that is the end of the comparison to a real trainer as this model does not have any Dihedral of any sort (perhaps just a Tinney Tiny bit). Also, if you crash this model, the first that will shatter will be the Frontal Plastic Keel piece that accepts the wing plastic dowels!!

A couple of pictures of my Build process (Could not maiden this morning because I have to get a ESC adapter harness so, I can use my batteries that have Ultra Deans!)

PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by PittSpecial; Aug 04, 2012 at 10:29 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:29 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,258 Posts
FMS Cessna 182 Setup 08-04-2012 (6 min 3 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2012, 11:29 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,258 Posts
Maiden Flight Summary!!

Guys,

Perhaps my initial recommendation of this Cessna 182 not being considered as a Trainer was too harsh on my part. What I experienced was a super docile RC Airplane Model and playing with the flaps did not get me into trouble.

I was super amazed on the Super SLOW flying abilities that this model exhibited. There was at least 5 MPH winds by the time I finally commanded the model up for my very first Maiden flight and it handled the wind very well and super stable.

Landings are just majestic on smooth hard surface such as this High School Band Practice "Concrete" surface! I like the Flaps as it allows for slower touch downs.

I did not have any issues!!!

The model flew beyond my expectations!!!

FMS BlitzRC Cessna Model 55 Inch Wing Span 08-05-2012 (4 min 6 sec)

I flew it for a second time (No Video) and this time I reduced the Flap travel (Using the Travel Adjust Programming on my Spektrum DX7 menu) and the model flew even better.

This model does not need that much flap travel to slow it down.

I was able to test the reaction of the model in super DEAD Calm conditions, much better than during the initial Maiden Flight as the wind completely died down for the 2nd flight.

Right on approach, I killed all Throttle and allowed the model to glide towards the Smooth Hard Surface and right over the Grass, I applied the Flaps and the model still pitched upwards "slightly" and I just commanded some Down Elevator and it came in for a very smooth landing.

Yes, a little mix of Flaps + DOWN Elevator is recommended but, I like the manual method.

Up Close Pics! (Post Flight)

RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:17 AM
United States, NY, Deer Park
Joined Aug 2011
9 Posts
Boat for sale

Hello. How much for all the boats? Flint 222
flint 222 is offline Find More Posts by flint 222
Old Aug 19, 2012, 05:52 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
9,258 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flint 222 View Post
Hello. How much for all the boats? Flint 222
Sent ya two PMs, Flint
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2013, 02:22 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,206 Posts
I picked up a FMS Cessna 182. Have pics and video here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1794138&page=4

Maiden went good, but after about 6 flights I did have some trouble

tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2