HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by silver2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
So Cal
Joined May 2006
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
For Sale
Align APS system

System is new, was installed in a Trex 700, but instructions were to complicated to set-up, so $690.00 free shipping conus. Money Order or cash if local pick up. Located in So Cal. Thanks
silver2 is online now Find More Posts by silver2
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:50 AM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Disaster so far?.. APS grenade !!

Four flights, four crashes and four expensive rebuilds so far haven't exhausted one battery! Both my DJI WKH were no problem hundreds of flights but this thing is like a Heli explosive device. Done everything in the instructions, think I can recite them from memory but it just keeps doing weird expensive stuff. Second crash I was on the ground and it just rolled over. Twice I had it head in when just flipped out of idle up to prepare to land.. Motor just lost power (and my ability to control throttle) and it fell out of the sky even though I wasn't in APS mode but just "disconnected" my ability to control throttle or tail. Hate having to use flybarless because it eats servos if anything happens. And linkage, blades, booms, head parts ect. Also who wants or needs a -+ 12 degree pitch for AP.

If someone can give me an idea I sure woulld appreciate some help. Not documented very well in the operation procedures ... Like how to land! Come out of idle up .... Crash.... Flip out of APS ...Crash... Try to land in APS idle up rolls over on ground uncontroably.. Faster than you can say "another $300" My crash budget is exhausted as well as my patience for this month.
Kattinkc is offline Find More Posts by Kattinkc
Old Aug 11, 2012, 01:56 AM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
I am so depressed about this thing hopefully it wasn't a total waste of hard to get bucks.
Old Aug 11, 2012, 09:42 AM
So Cal
Joined May 2006
7 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Sorry to hear about your crashes. Haven't really seen anyone who has this flying correctly yet. Even Align doesn't seem to want to help with this issue, not sure if they even have one that flies.
silver2 is online now Find More Posts by silver2
Old Aug 11, 2012, 10:51 AM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
The only good thing is I have a machine with a wookong lite in it to keep me going but my retirement budget is going to slow me down on this Align until I can get some help. I don't get even consistent failures so I can figure anything out. Driving me crazy. I really wanted the gps functions this supports as I enjoy messing with the quads that ave it.

Hopefully I will find someone who has it solved! I'm sure it is mounted and setup right as most of the setup is via the flybarless control unit 3Gs and they re not new to me. Should have just bought the gps for my wookong, I guess?
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:25 PM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Got it to fly without crashing but couldn't get thru the vibration test so no APS or gps mode yet.. Will keep you all posted...
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:51 PM
KittyKatt
Joined May 2012
50 Posts
Align APS disaster update

I have now had 8 crashes where the uni malfunctioned , my friends and acquaintances another half dozen. The unit just rolls over and crashes when you flip into APS mode.

I have been kindly helped by Craig Courtney, Align team pilot and I as well as all the others he has helped have had multiple crashes.. This thing simply does not work consistently. I am out about $3000 in parts and unit. Plus one of the run away crashes damaged my Ford escape another $1000.

I have contacted the US distributors.. And got no useful help. I have demanded a refund or equivalent merchandise and been ignored. Why Align thinks you can sell something like this and just blow people off says way too much. I am in a group of a dozen or so known users who can not make this work.we have videos ect. But no solutions.

My DJI Wookongs work daily and are wonderful so it can be done.. One crash in hundreds of flights, totally my fault.. It is obvious Align just doesn't care..
Closed Thread