HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:52 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,830 Posts
Discussion
I love using pan, but how to use tilt on radio?

Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Now that I got a taste of whats possible with moving the camera around I also want tilt, how do you guys control it on your radio? I have a futaba 9cap and can probably use the side thingys, but its not easy to center them (use expo?)

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:09 AM
LKJ
Lars k Jensen
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Tostrup
Joined Apr 2006
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCut View Post
Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Now that I got a taste of whats possible with moving the camera around I also want tilt, how do you guys control it on your radio? I have a futaba 9cap and can probably use the side thingys, but its not easy to center them (use expo?)

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???
I use this one.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1651310
When trainer svitch is off i use 2 turning knops on my F9.

Lars.
LKJ is online now Find More Posts by LKJ
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:02 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
I use this but add another button to have pan or tilt on ... or both down to have both.

http://www.rcflighttest.com/home/201...he-left-stick/
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:05 AM
North vancouver, B.C. Canada
Joined Apr 2008
18,455 Posts
Precise control of servo is best

Not a 3 way switch but to be able to move digital sevo slowly or fast at will

QUOTE=KillerCut;22344523]Ok, I finally figured out a quick and easy pan setup (picture) its just a pz0420 with 2 square pieces of dollar tree foam board covered with uline packing tape (the camera doesn't get warm at all)... (tiny cutouts for osd and power/video plugs) and I hot glued it to a servo 4 way arm thingy. very solid. I use the rudder on my radio to control it.

Or maybe I should just use throttle on those side thingys and use the throttle stick for camera only???[/QUOTE]
David22 is offline Find More Posts by David22
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)