Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by 1987tc, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 03, 2012, 08:45 AM
ODB VI September 2014
United States, OK, Weleetka
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
Discussion
Dust Bowl Fly In for MS

Well the fly in is getting closer!
There is still so much to do. Hobby King has stepped up again as title sponsor and has shipped prizes and other things for the fly in. And other sponsor has too.
I will start posting who has donated soon.

But there is a lot needed yet too. We need more prizes for the raffles. And we need bodies at the fly in to help manage and run the event.

And help contacting businesses and sponsors, And most importantly we need lots and lots of people to attend the event! After all it is the people that makes this event a success!
People to come and fly and have fun. People to buy raffle tickets and enjoy the prizes.

Keep in mind the real goal of the event is to help find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis. And to educate people about MS and about the greatest hobby there is!
So if you want to help in any way at all please do! It can be helping get donations. Sending emails or helping man the event. And of course just coming and taking part in all the fun helps a lot!

I wish everyone could have been there when I handed over the check to the MS Society . To hear the applause from the people there. To see the gratitude in the eyes and on the faces of the people there that deal with MS every day of their lives. It means a lot more then I can tell you to them and to me.

I have MS. And I want to help others like me to have hope for the future and a cure and end to MS.

You can help, You can make a real difference.

Wes
1987tc is offline Find More Posts by 1987tc
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:01 AM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,517 Posts
Hey there... great cause!

Do you have a link to information on the fly in? When/where/etc.?

Thanks,
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Aug 03, 2012, 09:28 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
There is an ongoing there here on it. And a website here.
It takes place September 22nd and 23rd of this year at the airport in Holdenville, Oklahoma.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 03, 2012, 04:33 PM
Canada, ON, London
Joined May 2011
1,517 Posts
Thanks... hope you get loads of people. All the best.
J
uberjay is offline Find More Posts by uberjay
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Eric
Joined Jul 2011
14 Posts
Looks like a great event. One question: I am not a member of the AMA. Is AMA membership a requirement to fly at this event?
ejw67251 is offline Find More Posts by ejw67251
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:46 AM
ODB VI September 2014
Joined Dec 2000
8,511 Posts
No you do not need to be an AMA member to fly at the event.
We do use their guidelines though. Safety is very important to us.
we want everyone to have a great time. And no harm come to anyone.

We do have a safety officer in charge at the fly in. And he has the say so as far as conduct. So we do insist that people do listen to him.

An example would be if he says to land... Land. He will not ask with out a good reason.
We do fly at an airport. And if a full scale aircraft enters the pattern models must land.

It is all common sense really. We have a light hearted fun atmosphere at the fly in.
I hope you come and join in!
RCG Plus Member