HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:06 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
Discussion
Atlanta Memorial Warbirds Classic announced Nov. 1-3

Just received this email from Chris at GMA.

Georgia Model Aviators will host the Atlanta Memorial Warbirds Classic November 1-3 and we are honored to have Pedro Sanchez and Rex Briant leading this event. They are expecting RC pilots from all over the southeast including Dino DiGiorgio from Port St. Lucie, FL. This event is a tribute to Dino’s late father who was a RC pilot and an advocate for the RC hobby.

Two simple steps will get you registered:

1.Send $25 to paypal@gmarc.com

2.Send an email to warbirds@gmarc.com and include your full name, home town, phone number and list of warbird(s).

The pilot registration fee includes dinner on Friday evening. Awards will be given for Best WWI, WWII, Pilot’s Choice, Best of Show and Best Scale Flight. Event t-shirts will eventually be available via the GMA Store (stay tuned). WMWA rules apply.

Register in person during the event to win some great raffle prizes.

The field will be closed November 1-3 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday) and reopen to regular flying on Sunday the 4th. If you are interested in helping with flight line safety, post-event clean-up or other activities, please send an email to Pedro. For general questions or additional information, please send an email to warbirds@gmarc.com.

Our GMA homepage includes a countdown to November 1, the event flyer and the list of registered pilots. Suggestions for local accommodations are included with the list of pilots. RV’s and Campers are welcome but hook-ups will not be provided.

Please save the date and we look forward to seeing you at the Atlanta Memorial Warbirds Classic in November!

-Chris Kennedy
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, GA, Alpharetta
Joined Feb 2009
403 Posts
I guess nobody likes Atlanta.
rfodor is offline Find More Posts by rfodor
Old Aug 07, 2012, 07:44 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
Yeah, I figured I would post it to see if I could find some more EDF crazed lunatics like myself that wanted to come out and fly at one of the nicest RC fields in Georgia. I'm gonna try to have my Wren 44 powered JTM T-45 ready for the event as well as my ESM P-47 and maybe even my Hanger 9 Blue Nose P-51. Unfortunately my 10 month old son is restricting my build time. Oh yeah, I also have the Tamjet 1:12 F-16 that either needs to be built or sold by the time the event rolls around in November.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:17 AM
Joined Feb 2009
403 Posts
I guess it is time for me to maiden the Yellow A/C A-4 and have it sorted out for November. See you at the field.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:53 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
I'd love to see the Yellow A-4 fly. EDF or turbine power?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:03 PM
Joined Feb 2009
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
I'd love to see the Yellow A-4 fly. EDF or turbine power?
120mm RC Lander, 12S, 34000 RPM, 13 lbs thrust (on the bench). Has Tam inlet ducts.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:07 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
889 Posts
Do you ever fly at GMA?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Do you ever fly at GMA?
Yes Eric...... that is the only place I fly.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:39 AM
USA, GA, Marietta
Joined Oct 2000
2,049 Posts
Double E,

I'm a member of GMA and getting into EDF's. Right now I have a nightflyer I have to finish and am about 80% done. When finished, I have a several planes to work on. I'm retired, so, I'm at the fielld in the weekday mornings. We'll cross paths one day I'm sure. Give me call some day,and we can talk.

Ric Vaughn
RicVaughn is offline Find More Posts by RicVaughn