Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:28 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcharlebois View Post
Hi Frank,

I just happened upon your thread and have a Steven's Fullhouse on the board at the moment, Fuselage is done, but would like to join in.

I am back in the hobby for a little over a year now, stop flying and building whne life got busy around 28 years ago... and now don't understand why I ever stopped.

So please let me know if I can join in, allthough I have a head start.

Paul Charlebois
Be great to have you Paul! Please join in. See post #2 for details when you start your thread. Be good to see another FullHouse being built. I also plan on getting one in the future as well. Looks like a fantastic plane.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:40 AM
United States, ME, West Bath
Joined Sep 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcharlebois View Post
Hi Frank,

I just happened upon your thread and have a Steven's Fullhouse on the board at the moment, Fuselage is done, but would like to join in.

I am back in the hobby for a little over a year now, stop flying and building whne life got busy around 28 years ago... and now don't understand why I ever stopped.

So please let me know if I can join in, allthough I have a head start.

Paul Charlebois
Oh good. I'm just finishing the fuselage on mine. At least it looks like a fuselage to me...almost! It will be good to compare notes. Get that thread going!
dmcMaine is offline Find More Posts by dmcMaine
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Gentlemen,

We have a new forum dedicated to balsa building. http://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

If you want to have you thread moved here, just click on the report button in post #1 and another window will pop up. Click on the drop down menu and select "Move this Thread" and then click on the next drop down and select "Balsa Builders" under Aircraft General. And then don't forget to say thanks to the friendly mods in the little text box. That's all there is to it.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:24 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2003
1,486 Posts
Is there any room for a 50% Vic Smeed Courtesan?
Eclipse_7 is offline Find More Posts by Eclipse_7
Old Oct 17, 2012, 03:00 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse_7 View Post
Is there any room for a 50% Vic Smeed Courtesan?
You bet! Bring it on!

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:26 AM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,423 Posts
Thanks... this is a great idea..... What are the builder levels and is Kit-Bashing allowed here. In a couple months I'm going to begin bashing a Super Sportster 60 kit into a fantasy scale golden age racer. I hope to take the design elements I like from various planes of the day and incorporate into one design, rearward cockpit, streamlined gear, rounded fuse, etc. Otherwise I'll start it in one of the other areas if this area is for straightforward kit builds.
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
United States, OH, Westlake
Joined Mar 2002
4,510 Posts
Thermalin, that sounds like a great project.
kdahlhaus is online now Find More Posts by kdahlhaus
Old Oct 17, 2012, 10:00 AM
wood is good
United States, CA, Marina Del Rey
Joined Jun 2012
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermalin View Post
Thanks... this is a great idea..... What are the builder levels and is Kit-Bashing allowed here. In a couple months I'm going to begin bashing a Super Sportster 60 kit into a fantasy scale golden age racer. I hope to take the design elements I like from various planes of the day and incorporate into one design, rearward cockpit, streamlined gear, rounded fuse, etc. Otherwise I'll start it in one of the other areas if this area is for straightforward kit builds.
If it's made of balsa you can post your build here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/balsa-builders-807/

Doesn't have to be a kit.
loNslo is offline Find More Posts by loNslo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 01:35 AM
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Oct 2012
32 Posts
I just bought and started an Eagle 2 kit from my LHS for $40. I'm not quite ready to start a thread but I am currently working on it. I don't know what # I should be, but I'll be doing high res images and a time lapse video in 5 minute image intervals. If you want to assign me whatever number is next in line when I create my thread I'll use that. This is my first RC aircraft build and I have to say after laying down the plans and covering them in plastic wrap I am absolutely psyched! I'll probably try to start a thread this next week.
PoniesatemyBagel is offline Find More Posts by PoniesatemyBagel
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:58 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;23050869
I just bought and started an Eagle 2 kit from my LHS for $40. I'm not quite ready to start a thread but I am currently working on it. I don't know what # I should be, but I'll be doing high res images and a time lapse video in 5 minute image intervals. If you want to assign me whatever number is next in line when I create my thread I'll use that. This is my first RC aircraft build and I have to say after laying down the plans and covering them in plastic wrap I am absolutely psyched! I'll probably try to start a thread this next week.
Welcome aboard PoniesatemyBagel and you are #46. Please see post #2 and let me the link to your thread and I'll update #2. As noted above, we have a new forum for balsa builds so that is a great place for your thread.

Thanks,

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:14 AM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
OK I started my build thread. I have half a web site to finish today though, so I don't know how much progress I'll make on it today. It will continue though

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755354
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
OK I started my build thread. I have half a web site to finish today though, so I don't know how much progress I'll make on it today. It will continue though

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755354
Got it. Thanks Jasmine!

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 20, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Oct 2012
32 Posts
I started my thread in the balsa builders forum. You can find it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23054906
PoniesatemyBagel is offline Find More Posts by PoniesatemyBagel
Old Oct 20, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoniesatemyBagel View Post
I started my thread in the balsa builders forum. You can find it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post23054906
Got it. Thanks!

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, SC, Clemson
Joined Dec 2011
113 Posts
Sorry I am late to the clinic. Work, weather and the "Honey Do list" delayed my start.

It has cooled off finally so I can make it to the garage to begin my build. I went ahead and started my build thread here

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756236
redradar is offline Find More Posts by redradar