HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:47 AM
Flying Low
United States, VA, Petersburg
Joined Mar 2012
608 Posts
Titebond III is good stuff it is what I am using in most areas on my Cap232. I would have to get the 2 bottles side my side and I have both TB2 and 3 but I think the 3 is just a little stronger. I like it a little more because it is a little bit thicker than TB2 so it will fill in areas a little better
cbarnes0061 is offline Find More Posts by cbarnes0061
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mickey from Orlando. Really.
Joined Nov 2004
3,460 Posts
If you like the PVA glues, this is a good alternative:

http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdpro...nt+makers+glue

Generally the white glues (elmers,titebond, etc) don't sand very well. The instrument makers glue does, because it dries very hard. It is very similar to the old Pica Gluit if anyone besides me remembers that.

mickey
mnowell129 is offline Find More Posts by mnowell129
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:10 PM
Bill
Central NY
Joined Apr 2010
12 Posts
If it is not too late I would like to join the clinic. I am somewhere between newbie and basic. I have assembled one ARF (that needs to be modified before it can fly - too tail heavy) and about 85% done with my first kit.

I have a Park Scale Models Monocoupe and a Stevens Swift 100 if either of them would be a good candidate for the clinic. If something else would be better let me know.

Thanks,
Bill
wbender is offline Find More Posts by wbender
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:54 PM
Master of the 1 point landing
United States, IN, New Palestine
Joined Aug 2011
302 Posts
I am in, if there is still room.

I just finished a Curtiss Jenny- Build thread is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post22577897

I have started a Comet J-3 Piper Cub (25 inch) from scratch- my first brushless motor build.

Skill level: builder. I love the balsa and just can't bring myself to switch to foam.
ckimmey is offline Find More Posts by ckimmey
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:26 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
25,103 Posts
Thanks for joining in the fun gentlemen, I'll get added to post #3 when I get the chance. The Swift sounds like an excellent choice as well as the cub. I'm sure we are going to learn some things during that build.

Link me your build threads when you get the chance and please follow the title format mentioned a few posts back. And also please link this thread in your post #1.

Thanks,

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
Flying Low
Joined Mar 2012
608 Posts
Murcoflyer, I created my thread and titled it the way said on page 22 and i linked this thread in it.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:02 AM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Sep 2011
837 Posts
Here is my link Frank. I won't start until the 29th and will update it more then. Trying to get my son's cub done by then and due to school we aren't working too fast. So may be working on two planes at once

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1736195

Robert
kingconsulting is offline Find More Posts by kingconsulting
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix View Post
I am a total beginner without too much time on my Hand.

Would this plane be a good start:
Quickflick-II 50" balsa built-up DLG, dihedral wing

I am also thinking of may be something more "French" like a pou du ciel. Anyone could point to a good drawing that isn't too difficult to build?
Do you think that the Quickflick is a good plan for a first effort in building?

Or would you recommend a kit? Ideally something available in Europe that a beginner can fly!
Panoramix is online now Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:13 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,103 Posts
Got it Gentlemen. Post #3 updated with all links and names.

Thanks,

Frank
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:00 AM
Flying Low
Joined Mar 2012
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Got it Gentlemen. Post #3 updated with all links and names.

Thanks,

Frank
Thanks for linking my thread back on page one for everyone. I have already uploaded close to 100 pics just getting up to date with where I started back in april and where i am at now.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
I am in also. Newly rejoined this wonderful hobby. Finally have some time. I am definitely a newbie to kits. I have put together a few ARF's. My most recent being the eflite Mini Ultra Stick. It is a blast to fly.

I will be building a Laser Cut Parts Cessna Skyhawk. I wanted to start today but I need to get myself some ceiling tiles or something for the push pins. Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get started. This should be lots of fun. And I'm sure lots of frustration.

Carlton

Here's my build link. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738356
flyingcarl is offline Find More Posts by flyingcarl
Last edited by flyingcarl; Sep 24, 2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Add my link.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:50 PM
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Feb 2012
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcarl View Post
I am in also. Newly rejoined this wonderful hobby. Finally have some time. I am definitely a newbie to kits. I have put together a few ARF's. My most recent being the eflite Mini Ultra Stick. It is a blast to fly.

I will be building a Laser Cut Parts Cessna Skyhawk. I wanted to start today but I need to get myself some ceiling tiles or something for the push pins. Any suggestions?

Can't wait to get started. This should be lots of fun. And I'm sure lots of frustration.

Carlton
I have an old slightly drooped table. I got myself an unfinished door to put on ot for like $24 and a 2 by 4 foot cieling tile for around $3 both at Home Depot. Worked well for my Lucky Ace build (just waiting for covering delivery.)
glazzies is offline Find More Posts by glazzies
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingcarl View Post

Carlton
I got you added Carl and thanks for joining in. Who makes your Cessna Kit?

As for a building board, I am pretty happy with the Great Planes Balsa building board. Tower Hobbies sells them. But there are a number of choices for boards.

Frank
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:45 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,103 Posts
The following people have not declared their models yet. When you get the chance, can you let me know what you are building? Thanks.

3. RCAddict16
7. Mickydee
9. Cloudflying
10. Aero104
11. MrPnut..
17. rctoys4me
31. dedStick
38. wbender

Frank
Last edited by Murocflyer; Sep 23, 2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:07 AM
Master of the 1 point landing
United States, IN, New Palestine
Joined Aug 2011
302 Posts
Cub is a couple of days into its build.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738029
ckimmey is offline Find More Posts by ckimmey