SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:07 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Discussion
Busy busy busy.

On August 9th at 0630 in the morning the Chief Warrant Officer 3 promotion list will be published. My records were reviewed and I had my "first look" for CW3. I REALLY hope my name is on that list. If for no other reason, the pay increase is significant!

This Saturday I start an "add on" to my pilots license. Im adding a private, single engine land and tail dragger to my commercial rotary wing and instrument endorsements. I figure I better get it done since my buddy (a CFII) is gonna fly me for free, and my other buddy is going to let me use his 150hp fuel injected Decathalon for free.

Next week I will move to a different job also. Leaving Headquarters, 110th Brigade and going to A Company, 212th Battalion. Instead of flying UH-60s, I have been flying OH-58s. So, I am going to the OH-58 instructor pilots course in September-November. New job will be training flight school students on warfighting skills. REALLY looking forward to that.

Oh yeah, and on Sep 1st, I will have been in the Army for exactly 20 years. Its taken its toll on me with 5 combat deployments, moving the family a dozen times, several overseas assignments and multiple other things. But, I still love it!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 09:59 AM
United States, WI, Oconomowoc
Joined Feb 2011
266 Posts
Good Luck and Go Army.... Was 82nd Airborne Aviation, 40 some odd years ago...
Stay Safe!
ddog343 is offline Find More Posts by ddog343
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:06 AM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,141 Posts
Last time I read this blog, it said Tennessee, so you have been moving. At least the military has promotions. The hierarchy puts military people in a very competitive mindset compared to the private sector, which tends to be flat.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The ultimate travel fan
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:58 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Yeah, we have moved a couple times over the last 20 years.... MO, to VA, to Korea, to MO, to VA, to Germany, to VA, to KS, to AL, to KY and finally ended up in AL again. Toss in a couple "vacation trips" to Korea, Saudi, Japan, Iraq, Iraq again, Afghanistan, Afghanistan again and I'd say we have had our share of moves. I can ALMOST guarantee we wont be moving again prior to me retiring. And when I do retire, it will be right here in Alabama if all goes as planned.

As for promotions... yeah, in 20 years I have been promoted 7 times and sure am hoping for an 8th (and final) promotion. The pay raise on this (hopefully) upcoming promotion would be the largest I have ever had... enough to buy another house if I wanted to, or a very nice car and pay the insurance on it. My plan, if my name is on that list, put all of the "new money" into an account all by itself and leave it. Maybe spend some on my old cars as needed.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Aug 07, 2012, 12:42 AM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Good luck on the promotion release, Laine!
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Aug 07, 2012, 01:41 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,813 Posts
Congrats Laine,

I worked on OH-58's more than anything else during my avionics career...NC hwy patrol has 12 or 13 of them...fun stuff
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member