SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 05:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
36 Posts
Discussion
Best platform for aerial filming?

I want to build/buy a budget multirotor for aerial filming.
I have been looking at the F550, X650 V8, arducopter and gaui 330x or 500x.(Other suggestions in the same price range?)
Which of these are most capable of this task?

I have also been looking at a wide range of gimbals.
I may want to do some FPV. One thing i cant seem to get any information about is the possibility to steer the gimbal by remote (and most likely by a second person). Most of the gimbals I find does just auto adjust. Is it possible to auto adjust rolling while tilting for crane-like moves?
tikkerol is offline Find More Posts by tikkerol
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:12 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
you need to read. after you do that, you need to crash. a lot. then read more. don't even think about gimbals or flying over people or property.

alternatively, if you don't want to read or crash just buy dji s800 and z15 gimbal, just make sure to film your maiden flight.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:19 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Suggest you use the search function as this has been covered many times
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Nov 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
How bad can it get

I also needed a cost-effective way to get a camera into the air, our company does film rigging and I need a way to get shots from higher up and also to inspect places before we climb there.
I got a 600 frame, put on the kit from an f550, Naza and GPS and it flew really well for a very short time. It started to jerk around after a while, just twitch off to one side, of course it crashed and I blamed the MC, sent it back but that was ok, still go the problem see a vid of it here
hexi sabah 2 (0 min 49 sec)
you can see that it suddenly starts to jerk so I bring it down quickly. I then heard that these motors have bad solder on the connectors so I resoldered all of them and it flew well for a couple of batteries then it all happened again and now I have a pile of very broken bits and virtually no useful footage to show for a lot of wasted cash. Lessons; there is no budget option, spend the money if you want it to work.
rubbletrubble is offline Find More Posts by rubbletrubble
Old Nov 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,578 Posts
Check out skyvue llc...they have a proven ship..

http://www.skyvueap.com/portfolio-page/
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks