HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:10 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
2,001 Posts
Question
need foam touch up advice (sapac eurofighter)

people, im on my way to purchase this sapac eurofighter from a buddy of mines locally. its got scuffs here & there and i have 0% knowledge on how to treat these wounds.

im in love with this breed of edf's. i chose this over HL's 90mm eurofighter.

just any advice like preparation, type of paint safe for foam.

i dont know what type of foam sapac's models are.
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:54 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
9,109 Posts
Dings and dents in edges are quite simple to sort.

Very small unsightly hangar rash can be sorted with dabs of Hot glue .. wet finger / wet flat stick to smooth / flatten.
Slightly larger or where a moulded item has been worn / broken away such as a wing fence ... these are replaced by cutting area out as a square. Get closed cell foam and cut a block to fit that cut-out. Shape, sand, seal and paint.

Dents in surfaces can either be raised by hot water or again the cut-out and fill with closed cell foam, shape, sand, seal and paint.

Where appendages have been broken of - such as missiles etc. These are best remade in laminated form to give better strength and then cocktail stick + glue fitted. The laminations has runs of glue through adding that strength.

The trick is to get foam that is easy to work with ......... house insulation closed cell Pink / Blue foam is ideal. You can buy in thin sheets or thick wide blocks.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Aug 02, 2012, 10:33 PM
DONT PANIC! :)
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Jan 2012
2,001 Posts
fantastic nigel! im set! thanks
out of stock is offline Find More Posts by out of stock