HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 05:30 PM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
Discussion
Quadcopter Spidex V2 FPV, pushing the limits

On this flight I had lots of fun on FPV. There is more than 8 different locations in the video. Even in one of the flights I used two gopro on board , this frame is a marvel, takes it all, is capable of going fast over the 65 kph cruise. The gimbal works perfect for shooting zenith. The takeoff weight is around 1400 grams, with an autonomy of 7 minutes of flight with a battery of 2200 mha 3s. If we use 2 batteries in parallel will increase the flight time to 12 minutes. The vibration system works quite well. And there is enough space in the chassis to protect electronics and to make it a clean installation. For me it is the perfect frame for both aggressive FPV flights as for take aerial shots. And we owe it all to the creative inspiration of Quaternium by Jlcortex. Thank you my friend!

Quadcopter Spidex V2 FPV, pushing the limits! (3 min 45 sec)
moriwaky is offline Find More Posts by moriwaky
Last edited by moriwaky; Aug 02, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:11 PM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
NIce!
What is your servo on Gopro gimbal?
MacArell is offline Find More Posts by MacArell
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:13 PM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
Some test I made with futaba 9257 and other with hitec hs- 65 mg.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 06:48 PM
Connecticut Quad Hacker
Joined Dec 2009
952 Posts
Wow Outstanding vid flight. This seems to be just the right combination for FPV flight.
batfire is offline Find More Posts by batfire
Old Aug 01, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Aug 2004
986 Posts
Excellent video!

shawn
sbmon is online now Find More Posts by sbmon
Old Aug 02, 2012, 07:26 AM
France, Midi-Pyrénées, Toulouse
Joined Oct 2011
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriwaky
Some test I made with futaba 9257 and other with hitec hs- 65 mg.
Thank , and the best for you?
Excellent "Car mode"
MacArell is offline Find More Posts by MacArell
Old Aug 02, 2012, 08:06 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
I think both servos are good enought for the job. The problem is Naza and it´s gimballs output refresh. DJI improve the gimball outputs for the wookong and Sidney said that the same will happen to the naza with a firmware upgrade at the end of july. Let´s wait a bit to see.

P.D."Car mode" when I was flying this shot for a moment a remenber my rc car models, May can be fun put some wheels on the multi.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 12:35 PM
Joined Sep 2011
38 Posts
Awesome video Moriwaky! I liked how you displayed the stick inputs during the aerobatics. Do you mind sharing what motors and ESC's you are using? What are your gain settings for your Naza?
MidwestRob is offline Find More Posts by MidwestRob
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:02 PM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestRob View Post
Awesome video Moriwaky! I liked how you displayed the stick inputs during the aerobatics. Do you mind sharing what motors and ESC's you are using? What are your gain settings for your Naza?
you have all my setup at the begining of the video.

For naza I use 180 160 180 180 140 130

Check this other video on my channel for imput stick video

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659088
Old Aug 04, 2012, 11:57 PM
United States, MI
Joined Nov 2003
712 Posts
Where can i order this frame at?
Hamanu is online now Find More Posts by Hamanu
Old Aug 05, 2012, 02:53 AM
Dances With The Wind
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,468 Posts
Very nice video! Inspirational. What frame is that? Is there a similar camera mount available anywhere for a Sony Nex5n?
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Aug 05, 2012, 03:42 AM
Spain, Valencia, V
Joined Nov 2007
240 Posts
You can find it on Ebay and at www.quaternium.es
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:36 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
what is the size where the FC can go? I would like to know the distance between the bars and the height from the base to the bottom of the bars. I want to put my nase32 in there.

do you think it would work well with NTM 1200kv motors? I have them on my current quad ... got to keep it affordable.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:39 AM
Germany, NRW, Langenfeld
Joined Oct 2011
228 Posts
Got my frame today - looks great! Can't wait to complete it (but will you have to go on a holiday trip at first.... :-) :-)

Meanwhile:
@moriwaki
Could you please post some detailed photos (or send me a PN so that I can give you my Email-adress and you can send the photos to me directly)
- regarding the servo-connection to the GoPro-mount - the gap between servo and mount looks a little bit too wide.... What kind of servo arm did you use to connect to the mount?
- showing the connections you soldered onto the copper-plate (never used such a thing and would like to see a 'how to'); how does it separate between + and - terminal?
- how you installed the NAZA and the NAZA VU

You seem to have installed the receiver underneath the batteries - my Naza cables seem to be a little bit short for that. Did you change the cables?

How and where did you put your FPV-transmitter and antenna? I normally try to have my FPV-antenne underneath pointing to the ground, but with the frame having no landing gear and lying flat on the ground, that's not possible.....
ralfrcgroups is offline Find More Posts by ralfrcgroups
Last edited by ralfrcgroups; Aug 13, 2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:06 PM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
@ralfrcgroups How big is the space where the naza goes? I want to put another board in there and I would like to know if it will fit with wires plugged in.

@moriwaky what does your fpv setup look like? with your night flight did you have another cam apart from the gopro and if so how did you connect it?

I am interested in this design and saving my pennies now.
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere