HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:15 PM
Joined Jun 2008
10 Posts
Discussion
Unexplainable NAZA GPS Wreck

I have a Next Level 650 quad with the DJI Naza and GPS installed and functioning very well. I was out at the field performing a FPV flight last Friday when the incident occurred. Winds were calm with some small gusts. It was my first flight of the day. I took off and switched to GPS mode and started flying around. About a minute into the flight, the quad started to move violently back and forth left to right. I tried to correct it a few times but it didnít make a difference then I lost video and it crashed to the ground but stayed upright. I looked at my gopro camera and it was flashing FULL on the LCD screen. I thought this was odd since the 16gb card was empty before I took off. Later I downloaded the video and the video cuts out before the violent left to right oscillations occurred. There was plenty of storage left on the card and the camera appears to be functioning fine. I have had many good flights with the current configuration and software settings. Current autopilot gains were set at 135% from the factory and thatís what I left them at.

I have since turned the gains down to 120% and it flies just fine like it did before. I canít explain exactly what happened although I am guessing a big gust of wind came up and shook the quad enough to trigger a response. I thought I read somewhere that if the quad banks more than 45 degrees the motors shut down. My gains might have been too high and could not handle a small gust of wind but heck if I really know.

Any thoughts?
acbruno is offline Find More Posts by acbruno
to remove ads between posts