HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:38 PM
United States, IL, Joliet
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie B View Post
Our kitty is now like 10 pounds. He pulls pieces out of the carpet if I shut a door because he has to be near ME all the time. I don't even like him because he is such an . He expects me to give him treats everytime I go in the kitchen. Maybe he thinks he is on of my Grandkids??? Only hairy. LOL.

F
At ten pounds it sounds more like a bobcat either that or its dragging its belly . lol
cracksmeup is offline Find More Posts by cracksmeup
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 03:18 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
My fuzzy daughter has an annoying habit of shoving her nose up mine, when I'm sick and in bed. I suppose she's checking me out by smell... but the hint of chicken liver pate in her own breath... woah!
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:57 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
I guess were all cat guys eh.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:36 AM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Not me! I swear. This guy just hangs out around here all the time. Don't even notice him most of the time unless you sit down on the couch and don't pay attention first!

Fred
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Sep 08, 2012, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
The cat we took in knows i dont care for cats and goes out of her way to sleep on me or just rub up against me while iam trying to get a cup of coffie early. We keep her cat bowl up high so the dogs won't eat her food and now she wants me to lift her up to eat every morning even tho she can jump up there .Some how i think after 6 years the neighbors are not taking her back anytime soon so i have just learned to deal with it. I supose it could be worse if she clawed my anckles and tried biting me but iam still not a cat person even tho she is a good cat just sneeky like all cats are. joe
Old Sep 08, 2012, 11:37 AM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
Storms are moving though or I'd be testing the Boxcar...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 08, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
"When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction" - Mark Twain
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
Still too much wind... which reminds me... a colleague made a art project that turned out pretty good. It updates hourly and shows the winds of the continental USA

http://hint.fm/wind/
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2012, 03:48 PM
Addicted to building...
Omaha Nebraska
Joined Feb 2006
5,998 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cracksmeup View Post
The cat we took in knows i dont care for cats and goes out of her way to sleep on me or just rub up against me while iam trying to get a cup of coffie early. We keep her cat bowl up high so the dogs won't eat her food and now she wants me to lift her up to eat every morning even tho she can jump up there .Some how i think after 6 years the neighbors are not taking her back anytime soon so i have just learned to deal with it. I supose it could be worse if she clawed my anckles and tried biting me but iam still not a cat person even tho she is a good cat just sneeky like all cats are. joe
OK, lets get this straight........ You rub the kitty when making coffee in the mornings. You call her up to sleep on you at bedtime. You actually lift her up to the cat bowl so she can eat because you don't want her to have to work too hard at it. The neighbors have missed their cat for 6 years because you kidnapped it. Hahahahahahaha now that is funny!

My cat does reach out and nip you with a claw or two if you pass by the stairs and he can reach through and get you. Also goes under the bed and does same to your foot when you get out of bed. Likes to sytand up on back legs and hug you like he is letting you know that you would be bloody if he wanted to. Besides never ever leaving me to peace in my own home, some scratches, and eating all the dog's food, he's sort of cute.
Freddie B is offline Find More Posts by Freddie B
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
I had a few minutes before dark for a couple of flights. I actually got the C-119 to circle the field twice.
-- She needs a little more down thrust. There was a overly troublesome tendency to climb with throttle, and not enough lift with cruise throttle settings.
-- The CG needs to be a bit more forward. She was almost neutrally stable in pitch, which made things exciting.
-- The ailerons need more expo, to dampen the roll response. She would roll in a wink, which made things exciting.

She would almost hover on the props, which allowed me to get her down in one piece.

If the weather cooperates, I'll try again tomorrow.
My son supposedly took some video. I'm past my bedtime and will dump the camera tomorrow, to see if anything is usable in the low light.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
I made and installed a battery shelf, parallel to the wing chord, in the forward fuselage. I moved the ESCs and all the extra wire forward into the nose and put it all beneath the battery shelf. Now, I can easily move the CG as far forward as necessary.

I also added another right & down shim to both motors... I may need to recenter the engines to move the end of the prop shaft back to the center of the cowls.

Video from yesterday's flight.
C 119 Maiden Flight (0 min 57 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by davidterrell80; Sep 13, 2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
The one tree in the field...Looks like it flew better than most of my initial flights.Sure looks nice,hope you get some fine weather and great flights.Scott.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:16 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,747 Posts
Incredible styrenic cellulose magnetic attraction! She looks sweet in the air in the first few seconds, tho.
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:22 PM
Joined Apr 2012
2,955 Posts
I took her out today after being required (*cough*) to leave early for an afternoon chiropractic appointment. I went to a park that had a tall grass area and launched her... she flew! Several circuits around the field.

I need a touch more expo in the ailerons.
I'm thinking about putting in some fixed flaps to increase the CLmax; or, adding more incidence to the wing.

Real progress!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Jun 2009
3,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidterrell80 View Post
I took her out today after being required (*cough*) to leave early for an afternoon chiropractic appointment. I went to a park that had a tall grass area and launched her... she flew! Several circuits around the field.

I need a touch more expo in the ailerons.
I'm thinking about putting in some fixed flaps to increase the CLmax; or, adding more incidence to the wing.

Real progress!
Sounds like you are getting all the bugs worked out Dave . My eyes are getting so bad its hard for me to see that plane after it leaves your hand. lol Now everyone knows why my balsa planes are getting bigger and the foam ones brighter color's ,so i can see them. joe