|Aug 01, 2012, 12:17 PM|
Ultra Micro Scheibe Loravia LCA 10 Paper Sailplane
I wanted to fly a scale sailplane in my yard, but I have too many trees and my 2 meter sailplanes are way too large to fly here. So, I made a small ultra micro Scheibe Loravia LCA-10 out of paper instead! Wingspan came to 9.125" (23cm) wide and seems to fly pretty well. After testing indoors, this is the maiden outdoor flight. I kept going back for more test flights, so addictive.
My next project is a vintage micro DFS Reiher Segelfliegen with about 20" wing span made with balsa and kewlartdesign.com graphics, "should be totally kewl" as I say!
Simple plans to follow, read on...
|Aug 01, 2012, 12:34 PM|
I found the 3-view illustration on this website (thank you!, Merci, Danke!) with great photos as well.
I then modified the illustration so you can print it out on one 8.5 x 11" letter page and fold in half. The "T-tail" is necessary for this to construct and fly, so this is added too.
1. Print out on 8.5 x 11" letter 65lb heavier than normal paper.
2. Cut out around sailplane graphic with #11 x-acto or scissors, leaving only the landing gear wheel connected.
3. Fold the sailplane graphics in half at the ground line, just at the bottom of the wheel. NOTE: the printed side of the wings and elevator become the underside and the top is now unprinted white.
4. Use clear packing tape and a small strip of balsa ( a flat toothpick might work well too) that only extends 3/4 of the total wing surface to reinforce the wing spar up top. Use a small piece of clear tape on the top of the rear T-tail to also.
5. Roll up some ultra thin solder and make 2-3 mm in dia, place this into the nose.
6. Hold the sailplane under the wing root just where it would normally be balanced and adjust the amount of solder so it balances well. Use clear tape over to seal the front and fuselage areas, take care to not add too much weight.
7. Adjust wing, rudder and elevator surfaces to fly straight and test indoors, tweeking as needed.
8. Have fun flying!
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan VS Ultra Micro F4U||demiluk||Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric)||14||Jul 30, 2012 12:47 AM|
|Wanted||Western Wind paper R/C Sailplane||jrs_123||Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)||7||Apr 20, 2012 12:09 PM|
|Poll||Which do you like better, Micro 3D Foamies or Ultra-Micro 3D Foamies||BladeScraper||3D Foamies||23||Apr 01, 2012 03:02 PM|
|Build Log||Scheibe-Loravia Build Thread||Seadog||Scale Sailplanes||110||Apr 07, 2009 10:22 PM|