HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Thanks for the tip Allan, maybe that s the only solution since even I apply force in cold to straight it up, after a while it return to its original position , but as I understand you ,I can do it with your towel method but I will sacrifice the painting???
Scott, do you have the same stab type than mines with two elevators. I think if I install two servos SZD16 suggested, it will weak the elevators and maybe it is not thick enough.

Regards
Erwin
erwin peters is offline Find More Posts by erwin peters
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:08 AM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,823 Posts
As long as you reinforce the opening you make like I did you will be fine.
SZD16 is offline Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jul 2004
2,582 Posts
And as to thickness there are done really nice paper thin servos available now....
Big Nuts 181 is offline Find More Posts by Big Nuts 181
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:08 AM
Canyon Country, California
Joined Dec 2006
96 Posts
Hi Erwin,

My ASW28 elevator is a one piece unit. Here it is all fiberglass, awaiting some primer and paint.
two servo setup would be the way to go.......

Scott
marnochs is offline Find More Posts by marnochs
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:25 PM
Blenheim, NZ
Joined Dec 2007
1,145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwin peters View Post
Thanks for the tip Allan, maybe that s the only solution since even I apply force in cold to straight it up, after a while it return to its original position , but as I understand you ,I can do it with your towel method but I will sacrifice the painting???
Regards
Erwin
Yes, you do get some roughening of the gelcoat, mine came up as a diamond pattern which may be shear lines due to the twist or perhaps the cloth grain coming up. Only minor but needs tidying up if want a perfect finish.
I'm a fan of 2 servoes on elevators by the way. It is the single vital control on the model so some redundancy in the system is real good.

Allan
AllanK1 is offline Find More Posts by AllanK1
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:49 AM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Would be the HS 125 48oz torque servo, enough for each elevator??
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
Killingworth CT
Joined Nov 2008
2,527 Posts
Yes
Lbuff1 is offline Find More Posts by Lbuff1
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:24 PM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Hello friends, how do you install the tail wheel without making holes n the fuselage for the axis?. I have seeing some gliders in the forums that there is not mark or sticker covering the holes for the axis.

Regards

Erwin
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Jul 2005
1 Posts
Quote:
Hello friends, how do you install the tail wheel without making holes n the fuselage for the axis?. I have seeing some gliders in the forums that there is not mark or sticker covering the holes for the axis.

Regards

Erwin
On a full-size ASG29 (or any other modern Schleicher glider) the axle for the tail wheel goes through the tail fairing from the outside. A disc of white PVC/fablon is stuck over the opening hinding the bolt head/nut.
robertjwelford is offline Find More Posts by robertjwelford
Old Oct 23, 2012, 01:05 PM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Yes that what I finally did and will use some white stickers to cover the holes.
For the wing servo covers, I just receive the covers made from light plywood but not the fairings, is there a place where I can get long fairings to make them go until the control horn??

Erwin.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 11:55 AM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Hello, any idea or forum to watch about installing this type of hinge. Itís a front opening canopy.
I cannot get an answer from Rosenthal.

Regards
Erwin
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:24 PM
Jerez Frontera (Spain)
Joined Nov 2004
416 Posts
Quote:
Hello, any idea or forum to watch about installing this type of hinge. Itís a front opening canopy.
I cannot get an answer from Rosenthal.

Regards
Erwin

Hi, I don`t have the same kit, but I think, looking at the pic, that the short piece goes (glued?) in the fuse an the longer in the cabin. The front on the longer makes as a stop in the closing.

Cheers.
Josť Luis
JoseLG is offline Find More Posts by JoseLG
Old Nov 09, 2012, 09:59 PM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Hola Jose Luis, yes, your idea is right but actually the hinge does not have the ďuĒ shape I have seeing in other hinges so actually the full opening of the canopy is not practical, I have not glue it since I donít want redo , reglue and maybe broke something. Also have post in RC network 2 days ago so far not an answer. I am very disappointed with Rosenthal (paid 60 Euros for the hinge) about this , I have request at least a hand drawing but not answer for the hinge assembly.
Wait for a lighting of illumination
Regards
Erwin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:57 AM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Finally after some good advice, I change my original idea, and switch to two servo for the stab , very simple Work, since my stab was only fiberglass clothing on top and bottom I reinforce with a carbon fiber clothing same size as the servos opening and surround lateral surface with 1/8 plywood . Here some picture.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 04:15 PM
Guayaquil- Ecuador
Joined Dec 2008
42 Posts
Hello friends, I need some advice with second intend to flight my ASG 29. First Maiden flight I take off with the Up and GO and full up elevator in order for the sailplane to not incline down the nose
I keep the up elevator and after 5 seconds in the air, the plane reach a high climbing angle a altitude 50-60 meters so I star removing the up elevator and got a abruptly diving position from the sail plane even though I apply full up again not chance to recuperate the diving angle the plane crash in the field and brake the fuselage in two. Now is ready but actually not idea why that behavior. The recommended CG from Rosenthal is 90-100 mm. I used 87mm to be in the safe side (a little nose heavier). Anny suggestion of what may cause this.

Regards
Erwin