HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:06 PM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3 View Post
R.T.K.F. great, just be careful at full throttle, the servos on my B2 was binding and she kept on rolling/spiralling until i cut the throttle. As mentioned a little throttle management and all is good.
Thats freaky iceman..
Replacing servos with metal gears anyway.. Wasnt trusting 1K worth of FPV gear to std plactic ones..
R.T.K.F is online now Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:14 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
What is the largest diameter propeller that can be used on the B2 without having to clearance the tail boom?
7x5 leaves very little space, you couldn't go larger without modding the boom.
Gimmer is offline Find More Posts by Gimmer
Old Aug 16, 2012, 05:16 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Mickey View Post
Can anybody else comment on the motor power?..........Iceman did you have a crook motor or they all underpowered?...............would putting the Bixler 1 motor in it work?
I thought motor was a little under powered, hope to swap it out tonight. I have an rc timer 1300kv or 2200kv on hand but have 1400 and 1500kv on the way... decisions, decisions.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered User
Australia, VIC, Knoxfield
Joined Oct 2008
1,604 Posts
I've got a few Bixler 1 motors laying around......(it helps when we use them as as combat planes.) with the added bonus of the already extended wires.....what is the maximum sized prop that could go on it given the added clearance?
I've also got an older unused Welguard D28/26.....I've got no idea what the kv is but i had one on a swift wing for a while and it went like stink.....I know it's a totally different plane but I thought I might give it a try.

I'm trying to use motors that I already have.

Thoughts?
Sticky Mickey is offline Find More Posts by Sticky Mickey
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:10 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jun 2012
1,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
That doesn't sound really nice. How about the canopy transparency? Is it good enough to put a camera behind?

Looking forward to flight report.
You mean where the cockpit is? It is transparent enough, but it is a curved piece of plastic, so I don't know how clear a picture you will get. I'm not sure you'd want to put a camera there, because it would involve peeling away the plastic, installing a camera, and sticking the plastic back.
rayonnair is online now Find More Posts by rayonnair
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:40 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
B 2 was just marked shipped, still wondering why it takes 9 days to just ship Now have to wait another 10 or so for Air Parcel service.
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Aug 17, 2012, 12:46 AM
United States, CA, Monterey
Joined Feb 2006
1,358 Posts
HobbyKing's Bixler 2 Review (8 min 51 sec)
mecevans is offline Find More Posts by mecevans
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:35 AM
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
I just tested the stock motor in my bx2 and it seems to have plenty of thrust.
I will test it with full FPV gear on in weekend.
FlyAbove is offline Find More Posts by FlyAbove
Old Aug 17, 2012, 01:47 AM
Japan, Tokyo, Chiyoda
Joined Oct 2010
239 Posts
who, that is a very nice and positive review, thanks !

general questions for everyone :
- as a beginner (an interested in FPV too), would you recommend that one over the B1 ? (I do not really mind the cost gap)
- I have some 60A Push esc turnigy from my multirotor project, can I use one of those ?

thank you for your help and happy flying all

alain
alainphoto is offline Find More Posts by alainphoto
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:04 AM
.--troll-o-copter--.
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Jun 2012
214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mecevans View Post
Great review! Subscribed.
phoxache is offline Find More Posts by phoxache
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:11 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayonnair View Post
You mean where the cockpit is? It is transparent enough, but it is a curved piece of plastic, so I don't know how clear a picture you will get. I'm not sure you'd want to put a camera there, because it would involve peeling away the plastic, installing a camera, and sticking the plastic back.
Yes, I want to do able to do FPV even when a shower/drizzle comes along. Normally FPV pilots have no hesitations in cutting up their planes to fit the electronics, so peeling away the plastic probably wont scare us off

Thanks!
mike_o is online now Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Aug 17, 2012, 06:45 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
705 Posts
I installed a new motor (rctimer 2830 1300kv) in the Bix 2 tonight.

A 26xx motor will fit in the stock mount in stock position but a 28xx won't. I only had 28xx motors on hand so removed the motor mount and reversed it. Pretty simple to do, allows you to install a larger motor and also moves more weight back for larger batteries\fpv etc.

A couple of pics:

Cheers,
Gim
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:18 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
I installed a new motor (rctimer 2830 1300kv) in the Bix 2 tonight.

A 26xx motor will fit in the stock mount in stock position but a 28xx won't. I only had 28xx motors on hand so removed the motor mount and reversed it. Pretty simple to do, allows you to install a larger motor and also moves more weight back for larger batteries\fpv etc.

A couple of pics:

Cheers,
Gim
nice

did your mount come loose ok, like the previous post?
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Aug 17, 2012, 07:33 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
705 Posts
It seems that the fuse and motor are hot glued. I blasted it with wifes hair dryer and gently wiggled until it came loose.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Jun 2012
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman3 View Post
R.T.K.F, i installed a motor i had lying, it was a Turnigy 2826-6 with a Apc 6x4 prop. I have to change the servos on the ailerons, because they were binding at 80-100% power. I found that out when i made a turn, and the ailerons didnt go back to neutral but continued to hold the banking. So i cut the throttle and did some automatic spirals, but no harm done. So a lower kv motor with a bigger prop or changing the servos will be the next thing to do. But it flew very nice on 45% throttle so a little throttle control will solve this.
Iceman how hard was it to replace the tail servos given that the fuse is glued together? I will be trusting this plane with FPV gear and am definitely thinking of replacing the servos after reading your post.
vonbraun_ is offline Find More Posts by vonbraun_