HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:57 PM
Norway
Joined Mar 2005
1,137 Posts
Hi Stu, my B2 arrived in good shape. No damage or anything. The only thing now that bothers me is the two screws that hold the wings together. I cant get those to grab into the plastic covers they are supposed to.
iceman3 is offline Find More Posts by iceman3
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2012, 02:02 PM
SemperFi!
United States, TX, Texarkana
Joined May 2012
331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T.K.F View Post
Just a few pix to get the juices flowing..
Beautiful man! Mine is in the mail, along with the Orange 3 Axis Flight Stabilizer... So stoked! I dont have any FPV equipment yet, but still i'll be installing flaps.. Heck, if you have the pre cut hinges why not?? Makes sense to me..
BriGuy82 is offline Find More Posts by BriGuy82
Old Aug 13, 2012, 04:54 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
porcia83 (and anyone else for that matter). Let me know if you continue to have any problems with your orders and I'll see what I can do in the office.

We where out flying the B2 your saw in our video this weekend. Our non r/c members of staff are quickly learning the ropes with it, she clocked up 2 hours of flying on Saturday afternoon alone.

Can I ask, have any one received there's with the content damaged (bent tips etc)? We're working on improving the packaging and hopefully its working out on the B2.

S.
Mine arrived without any damage, bents, dents. My motor shaft is bent slightly though. Jello video unitil I arrange a replacement
Gimmer is offline Find More Posts by Gimmer
Last edited by Gimmer; Aug 14, 2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:01 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr View Post
Hi all,

Can someone that has a bixler v2 please measure the bay where the battery, rx etc goes and let us know how big it is in comparison to the v1.

Mike.

Hey Mike,

I can't measure at the moment but it's larger. Unfortunately it has lots of protrusions. My 3000mah 3 s will fit if installed perpendicular to (so the thin side of the battery is along the bottom of) the fuse. It won't fit in with the wide side of the battery along the bottom of the fuse. Looks to me like the extra chunks of foam are to help strengthen the battery compartment and nose. I will be taking to some of it with a knife to hollow it out further and will add some re-enforcement that doesn't restrict battery placement.
Last edited by Gimmer; Aug 13, 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:03 PM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstroke01 View Post
what is everyone going to use for an esc????
I used a 40a. Only because it was the only one I had on hand with a 3a bec. All my 25\35a had 2a bec.
Old Aug 13, 2012, 05:31 PM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriGuy82 View Post
Beautiful man! Mine is in the mail, along with the Orange 3 Axis Flight Stabilizer... So stoked! I dont have any FPV equipment yet, but still i'll be installing flaps.. Heck, if you have the pre cut hinges why not?? Makes sense to me..
Yeh same thought here BriGuy.. FPV straight out of the box.
I had immersive Rc FPV gear in stock, and grabed a 3 axis with the kit as well.
Will be keen to see how the 3 Axis goes.?? Some good reviews so fingers crossed..
R.T.K.F is offline Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:00 PM
Return To Kit Form
Australia, WA, Joondalup
Joined Oct 2010
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart warne View Post
porcia83 (and anyone else for that matter). Let me know if you continue to have any problems with your orders and I'll see what I can do in the office.

We where out flying the B2 your saw in our video this weekend. Our non r/c members of staff are quickly learning the ropes with it, she clocked up 2 hours of flying on Saturday afternoon alone.

Can I ask, have any one received there's with the content damaged (bent tips etc)? We're working on improving the packaging and hopefully its working out on the B2.

S.
Hey Stuart,
All good on the packaging my end. Foam box worked well on the trip to Oz.

Just a bit of customer feedback regarding the kit itself,
The attractiveness of an FPV platform was a seller for me, but I would rather the fuselage to be in halves like the original. That would allow access to the internal structure to remove or add items to aid the install of the FPV equipment.
I have started to replace the OEM servos for HK metal gears, but the ones inside the plane will be a challenge, so two halves would work there as well. (maybe leave the servos out and people can use the glue provided to install either the OEM or upgrades as they see fit)
The thicker CF wing rod was good, but like the original, one for the elevator / tail wing will be a mod for me.
The only other real issue for me was the pushrod clevis and horn quality. They still donít give me the warm feeling of durability, so they will get upgraded.
I understand the commercial necessity to have a all rounder kit, but it is being pushed as an FPV platform, so people will be spending a few extra beans on it and wont flinch on a $5 kit increase for better plastic parts.. (may even out if you donít glue in servos & fuselage.?)
All in all, great improvement over the original (motor mount, air inlet in nose, hinges) so looking forward to getting it FPV ready and up in the air.
Cheers Brad.
R.T.K.F is offline Find More Posts by R.T.K.F
Old Aug 13, 2012, 08:18 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmer View Post
Mine arrived without and damage, bents, dents. My motor shaft is bent slightly though. Jello video unitil I arrange a replacement
bent shaft? that's a pain
sounds like other than the fuse being 1 piece, so far seems it's ok compared to B1?
AussieHoppy is online now Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
There is actually no problem with orders. Just delays :-)
Iīm also in the queue for bix2. Week or two to the front-end warehouse, that is really bad stuff, but what else can we do... HK adverts should not be like "Need a new bixler? Just wait you moron" :-D
Crashpc is offline Find More Posts by Crashpc
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:17 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,650 Posts
Thanks guy's, for the feedback/replies, glad everything is getting through undamaged.

Re the bent shaft, gimmer, please contact customer service, they should be able to help. R.T.k.F, let me get this info to the product guy's (I work in the video dept, just can't kick the R/C habit ) I'm sure they'll find this useful. I think a Kit version may be offered, but don't quote me on that. This I assume will have the two fuzz 1/2's.

Video of B2, only in the super daily format, but here it is with flight footage near the end:

HobbyKing Super Daily - HK Bixler 2 (6 min 35 sec)

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:18 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
690 Posts
Bix 2 thoughts.

Hi,

My build is basically done and I am happy with the product. Here are some notes\thoughts\experiences\opinions

-Bullet connector came off wire while disconnecting esc, was a very tight fit. No biggy, soldered a new one and all good.

- Motor shaft appears to be bent, will do some double checking tonight though ( Thanks Stuart for the direction to cust support.)

- Decals were pulled off by masking tape when it was removed after painting nose black.

- I fitted a 7x5 APC prop. This leaves maybe 5mm clearance to the tail boom (not much!)

- Foam protruding from walls and floor of battery bay may cause some greviences moving batteries around. I will cut mine back and reinforce with some CF strips.

- Clevies seem a little piss weak- will propably replace in time.

- I won't be using the screws to secure wings, just don't like the idea in general. I prefer something with a little more give when I hit the tree\ground my own head

- It looks like the clear plastic could be removed from the canopy and a FPV cam mounted on the remaining foam.

- Bix 1 FPV module doesn't quite fit in canopy (I think it will with some trimming.)

- Foam fillers for flaps servo voids protruded down quite alot from the wing. I didn't install flaps (yet) so just trimmed foam down to wing surface level.

-4mm Rod is a great fit for inside stock spar.

- I ran a little CA down the CF rod running down the fuselage, really not needed but what the hey.

- I used supplied glue for most of the build, no issue there.

All this is said after only spending a little build time last night. Just thought it might help out some people.I reserve the right to change opinion once I have actually spent some more time and actually flown it I expect to maiden and FPV tomorrow. Also will throw it on the watt meter later tonight and post results.

Cheers,
Gim
Last edited by Gimmer; Aug 14, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 03:25 AM
Australia, QLD
Joined May 2011
690 Posts
Ohh.. a couple of pics.

Pics show the decal that removed\ripped when I lifted masking tape and the "bump" running across the bottom of the fuselage.
Last edited by Gimmer; Aug 14, 2012 at 03:30 AM.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 07:26 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Nice, thanks for the update. Do the decals come off in one sheet? I like to tacky my planes up with my own paint scheme so just wondering. Looks like mine shipped out last night!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:08 AM
buy a lot, fly a little!
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Central And Western District
Joined May 2001
5,650 Posts
Gimmer, I'll make sure the product team get wind of your comments, so thanks for that.

yes the decals are waterslide type so care must be taken when working around them. That said, they are much lighter than the standard plastic decals.

porcia83, good stuff.

S.
stuart warne is offline Find More Posts by stuart warne
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: JR P-38 take 2.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 08:19 AM
Team Lumenier Pilot
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Aug 2011
2,539 Posts
Hi Guys,

A link to my Bix 2 build with pictures. Ready to maiden, plus and minus versus V1.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=39

Good work on the video Stuart.
Grazer is offline Find More Posts by Grazer
RCG Plus Member