HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by thomanie, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 01, 2012, 04:55 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
New Product
Corona releases S.BUS FASST compatible receivers

Hot on the heels of the newly released FASST compatible rx lineup from Corona RC, are two new S.BUS capable additions - one 4ch and one 6ch receiver. Sadly, once again there is no information on the Corona RC webpages about these offerings.

The latest two S.BUS additions are the 4ch R4FA-SB and the 6ch R6FA-SB. These work as normal FASST capable 4ch and 6ch receivers, but both effectively become 14ch receivers in S.BUS mode (12 ch + 2 DG channels). This puts some additional competitive pressure on FrSky and Futaba in the S.BUS space, which will eventually benefit us modellers as end users.

I still haven't seen many field reports on the Corona RC FASST capable rx lineup, but neither any catastrophic reports. So they look like an option to consider if you are in the market for a S.BUS capable FASST compatible receiver.

As there are is info nor pictures on the Corona RC webpages, the attached pics are shamlessly borrowed from the HK webpage.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Corona RC, except being a blogging end-user.
thomanie is offline Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by thomanie; Aug 06, 2012 at 07:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 10:17 PM
RC keeps me sane
United States, NJ, Carlstadt
Joined Sep 2005
1,383 Posts
Here is the link to the setup/manual
http://www.himodel.com/manual/S_BUS_...FA_R4FA%20.pdf

I have a couple of these coming to test on a 3GR for a DXR 500 motorcycle.
microDan is online now Find More Posts by microDan
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:07 AM
Trondheim, Norway
Joined Jun 2003
2,806 Posts
Have one of these 4ch ones incoming as well, although the non-SB version. Will field-test and report back.

As for the manuals - I still don't understand why Corona does not keep their webpages up to date in this day and age. Anyway - thanks for posting the link to the manual

T

EDIT: For completeness - the mini blog-review is posted here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741661
thomanie is offline Find More Posts by thomanie
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by thomanie; Dec 26, 2012 at 05:40 AM.