Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 14, 2012, 04:51 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Just ordered mine now. cant wait for that to turn up! Fahmi how long was the wait for this model?
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:00 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Depok
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
Just ordered mine now. cant wait for that to turn up! Fahmi how long was the wait for this model?
i got tracking number on 8 august, and received the plane yesterday, only 5 days to Indonesia, Great! i hope you will get your condor soon.
Fahmi43 is offline Find More Posts by Fahmi43
Old Aug 14, 2012, 09:13 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Fahmi: Can you take some good screenshots of the plane, wings, etc.. and perhaps compare the main difference between the Condor and the other Skywalkers? Does the condor have the new strong tail that Skywalker 5.1 has?
raRaRa is offline Find More Posts by raRaRa
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmi43 View Post
i got tracking number on 8 august, and received the plane yesterday, only 5 days to Indonesia, Great! i hope you will get your condor soon.
many thanks bud im excited about getting it. will be getting a dragonlink too for long range. let me know your set up ie batt and motor esc. ide love a 20km model. thanks austin,oh and pics would be cool...
Old Aug 14, 2012, 01:16 PM
Falling with style
Canada, QC
Joined Apr 2010
1,327 Posts
pics pics pics please
metalfred is offline Find More Posts by metalfred
Old Aug 14, 2012, 02:31 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
mmmm wonder wot size batt ide have to go for for 20km? is there any good calulaters online i can use to figure out flight times?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin.laws View Post
mmmm wonder wot size batt ide have to go for for 20km? is there any good calulaters online i can use to figure out flight times?
It depends on many things. When I flew 10km I had only used 2000mAh. The average cruise speed was around 35-45km/h using only 6-7a, which was about 40% throttle. I would say this was optimal condition, almost zero wind.

Now if I had used more throttle I would have used more of the battery, so you have to try to use as little throttle as possible if you want to be efficient.

I used 2x5000 4s mAh batteries for the motor and 1300mAh battery for the rest. I could easily have flown 20-25km.

If you're attempting to go long range I would suggest finding optimal weather where there is little wind, good visibility, etc.
Of course try to have good CG on your plane!

I have Skywalker 1900mm and it is great. I have yet to try the 1880mm but I'm not ready to buy it yet since the 1900mm are working great for me.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 08:34 AM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
It depends on many things. When I flew 10km I had only used 2000mAh. The average cruise speed was around 35-45km/h using only 6-7a, which was about 40% throttle. I would say this was optimal condition, almost zero wind.

Now if I had used more throttle I would have used more of the battery, so you have to try to use as little throttle as possible if you want to be efficient.

I used 2x5000 4s mAh batteries for the motor and 1300mAh battery for the rest. I could easily have flown 20-25km.

If you're attempting to go long range I would suggest finding optimal weather where there is little wind, good visibility, etc.
Of course try to have good CG on your plane!

I have Skywalker 1900mm and it is great. I have yet to try the 1880mm but I'm not ready to buy it yet since the 1900mm are working great for me.
Hi good info buddy i am under of a power set up. Wot motor and ESC are using? Coz i have the condor coming but yeah i wanta go from home to hereford and back. In a straight line its exactly 20km there and same back. But im using lawmate 1.2ghz so will need antenna tracking and eagle OSD Pro.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:41 PM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
You don't really need antenna tracking. If you are using linear antennas then I'd get a Patch antenna that is tuned (8dbi or more) and just point in the general direction that your flying to. On my 10km flight I used Vee antenna on my plane and tuned patch antenna on ground. The video signal was great all the time. But I do recommend flying with OSD.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 03:39 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raRaRa View Post
You don't really need antenna tracking. If you are using linear antennas then I'd get a Patch antenna that is tuned (8dbi or more) and just point in the general direction that your flying to. On my 10km flight I used Vee antenna on my plane and tuned patch antenna on ground. The video signal was great all the time. But I do recommend flying with OSD.
yeah i agree but already have the eagle tree ground station and with such a large model as the condor putting a ET OSD PRO and other bits wouldnt be a problem. Just been having alot of problems with my chimera and FPVing it. But thats now lost and starting over again. Would like a bullet proof model.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 07:44 AM
United States, FL, Marco Island
Joined Jan 2007
661 Posts
Very Nice thanks! Is that epp sandable to flush the spar cover and maybe fill gaps with gorilla glue?
picard10th is offline Find More Posts by picard10th
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
548 Posts
Thank you for the great screenshots Fahmi43.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 09:20 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Depok
Joined Mar 2012
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard10th View Post
Very Nice thanks! Is that epp sandable to flush the spar cover and maybe fill gaps with gorilla glue?
not epp, it made from hard epo. sanding maybe work, and sandable surface is the outer side because if you sand the inner part, it will not grip carbon spar perfectly.

but if you still want to sand the inner side, and fill the gap with epoxy will work, but i think the best way to do that is glue carbon spar and wing permanently.
Fahmi43 is offline Find More Posts by Fahmi43
Old Aug 16, 2012, 04:20 PM
Night flier
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Fahmi wicked pics. Hope mine is as gd as yours. Had a refund in postage too to U know fpvflying ain't no rip off company.