SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 10, 2012, 06:49 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,518 Posts
Hmmm

I have zero lead in mine - flies great! Even with the light 1800 3s packs.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:08 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
221 Posts
Flew it twice more today,just before sunset.I believe it likes the lighter packs a little better.Little faster and more responsive.Did not add any weight. Being this is such a light model to begin with I have to say it does get bounced around quite a bit in light winds.It was gusting around just 5 to 7 MPH.Its quite flyable but a bit unsettling on low fast flybys.I felt i just needed to be more on top of it.Not a bad thing,keeps you more focused.This is my first Corsair,still getting the feel for its flight characteristics. I guess the bouncing around a bit ,is inherit to its gull wing design. Its pretty quick,but not power 10 territory.IMHO.I have a couple of P10 equipped warbirds to compare with.Either way I like it.Fun model. Worth the investment
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:52 PM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,058 Posts
Just posted this past Saturday's flying with the Corsair on my blog:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1729973

Some new insight into possible battery selections, lots of quality pics and even a rare, inflight video !

As most of you know, I can get a little long-winded and this way, it saves space here on the thread...

Cheers all !
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Sep 10, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:29 AM
accel8or
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Dec 2010
485 Posts
I would be real interested in how to get a steerable tail wheel on. A pull-pull system would be the best way. Let me know if any of you guys have done it or are in the process.
accel8or is offline Find More Posts by accel8or
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: How people size you up
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
This post is in memory of those who lost their lives this day 11 years ago...
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:22 AM
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined May 2011
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
Go to wal-mart for the whistle..lotsa nerf stuff with the whistle nerf dart -like football has three in it easy to dig out ...
Looks like I will have to visit ToysRUs soon
kizashi is offline Find More Posts by kizashi
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:45 PM
Joined Jul 2012
171 Posts
Zero weight in mine either, even on a 3S 1300
markl22 is offline Find More Posts by markl22
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:10 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by markl22 View Post
Zero weight in mine either, even on a 3S 1300
Cool - that has to be getting close to the edge.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:57 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,058 Posts
Mike....

If that's the case, I'm livin' on the edge !!!

Check out my blog; flew mine on 3S 1250's on Saturday!!! No added weight, nuthin'! Got a rock solid 10 minutes out of each battery. Checked 'em when they came out, and they were right around 35% or so...just right. Did a static load test with the 25C 3S 1250, T-28 prop, and a 30A E-flite ESC: just under 22 Amps at WOT...sweet!

The model flew like an absolute dream! The guys at the dry lakebed loved it; hillbille shot some wonderful pics and a video...very nice.

Remember those lost on 9/11 and those who have given the ultimate sacrifice since then in the pursuit of freedom...NEVER FORGET!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Someone on a earlier post mentioned losing a wheel, because a wheel collar came off ,it happened to me today too !Greased the landing and as the tailwheel was coming down the right wheel came off spun around on the naked gear strut and nosed over no damage..I really like the scale landings ,but it needs some ground handling to go with the greased landing's..I like accel8or's pull-pull idea I'll work on that ...I'm downloading video from my camera as I write this, I'll try to get it posted soon as possible,it should be very scale looking ,like I missed the cable and slid down the deck
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:30 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,058 Posts
That was Brent Slensker, if I'm not mistaken...

Now that I put my wheels back on, I think I'll GG the little retainers....

I've got my ready for the video....
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 12, 2012, 02:45 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Just replaced the plastic wheel collar's with metal one's from the TH P-51 ,and I wondered why they used plastic press on collar on the F-4U I thought the whole idea of R&D was to fly these a few times and work out the bug's before we buy them Oh ! that's what the paying customer is for on these threads
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:47 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by accel8or View Post
I would be real interested in how to get a steerable tail wheel on. A pull-pull system would be the best way. Let me know if any of you guys have done it or are in the process.
I,ve been looking for tailwheel for this plane online ...I have looked at a few ,but haven't made any picks yet..do you have any suggestions ?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
AKA RTF
United States, NY, New York
Joined Mar 2011
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planesilver View Post
I,ve been looking for tailwheel for this plane online ...I have looked at a few ,but haven't made any picks yet..do you have any suggestions ?
I am going to try a parkzone corsair steerable tail wheel assembly,seems straightforward. Cut out old,connect control rod to new,install and connect to rudder servo arm,use ez connector,adjust.May have to heat and shape plastic base of new assembly for contoured fit to fuse.Should be minimal surgery :I will post pics of the mod when I attempt it. Just opened package and noticed wheel was deformed.No biggie.Had a tail wheel from a 800 series airfield P-47.Fit perfect,and its rubber.Nice..
LindyFlya is offline Find More Posts by LindyFlya
Last edited by LindyFlya; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:11 PM. Reason: pics
Old Sep 13, 2012, 06:36 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Lindyflya,
That's one I was thinking of also ,did you get it from Horizon ,I couldn't find the part's page for it,gotta link?

I got the part # off the picture you posted and finally found it at Horizon ,Thanks...I like the spring action,I don't know how much it will help the tail does come down slow ,but bounceing along our runway it might be good to have..
Last edited by planesilver; Sep 13, 2012 at 08:40 PM.