http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/towa2002_e.html

Interesting...Parkzone inspired?
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:55 PM
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
761 Posts
Yeah looks decent but Parkzone and FMS look better.
ncflyer79 is online now Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:02 PM
Taylor Michigan
Joined Aug 2010
194 Posts
Not for me, The price is right but I could get a much better looking one for around the same price.
Unrealpie is online now Find More Posts by Unrealpie
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:20 PM
United States, IA, Ida Grove
Joined Feb 2008
283 Posts
I like it. It would be a good base to detail and weather. Price isn't all that bad. I don't know what aerocell foam is but it looks nice in the pics.
rleed is offline Find More Posts by rleed
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:57 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,287 Posts
Aerocell is their branding for epo. It's nice large cell foam with a smooth surface.
ryramZ is offline Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 01, 2012, 01:22 AM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,071 Posts
Not sure how this Corsair is,but I have the P-51.I switched out the prop,and did not install the fixed gear(hate that on a warbird).The Mustang is a really great flyer with good power,and none of the stock components have let me down,so all in all a great value.Yes,even the mustang is what I would call,stand off scale,but it looks great in the air,and I would guess the Corsair should also follow suit.I take the P-51 out when it's gets a bit windy and I don't want to risk my "more scale" warbirds.Great overall value if you ask me.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Aug 01, 2012, 08:37 AM
Jim
North Alabama
Joined Mar 2004
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncebk2003 View Post
Not sure how this Corsair is,but I have the P-51.I switched out the prop,and did not install the fixed gear(hate that on a warbird).The Mustang is a really great flyer with good power,and none of the stock components have let me down,so all in all a great value.Yes,even the mustang is what I would call,stand off scale,but it looks great in the air,and I would guess the Corsair should also follow suit.I take the P-51 out when it's gets a bit windy and I don't want to risk my "more scale" warbirds.Great overall value if you ask me.
I have the TH Mustang to. I agree, it's a good plane for the price point. Tad on the heavy side, but as you mentioned, it handles the wind very well. Tail wheel was the first and only point of failure on mine so far.

Jim
Jim_W is offline Find More Posts by Jim_W
Old Aug 01, 2012, 10:40 AM
Parkstormer!
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2010
1,925 Posts
I loved my PZ Corsair (it basically wore out after 200+ flights, mostly belly-landing). I'll admit I'm tempted by this one--I have their small EP Super Sportster and it's a GREAT flyer, especially for the money, and the Corsair looks to be of similar construction/design. I look forward to the first flight reports!
GradyLee is offline Find More Posts by GradyLee
Old Aug 04, 2012, 10:30 AM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I bought it ,it will be here tuesday..I've had 3 Tower P-51's and still fly 2 . Good flyers all, for the money,so I'd bet the F4U will be as well...they all need to have a minor tweaking here and there to fly well...and I don't mind that at all ,keeps me interested...
planesilver is offline Find More Posts by planesilver
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 04, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rleed View Post
I like it. It would be a good base to detail and weather. Price isn't all that bad. I don't know what aerocell foam is but it looks nice in the pics.
Tower epo paints easily, just wipe off old tower paint with alcohol and cotton balls ...I used krylon for plastic on my Tower P-51
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 04, 2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:39 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Just recieved my F4U, not much to do on this plane ,everything is just about pre- assembled, soon as I can I'll post pictures One feature I don't recall tower that mentioned was a cowl with 4 magnets instead of screws..nice ,I like that ...the motor is easy to access nice detail ,tower pictures don't do it any justice on the website,more paint than the one picture shows,,,well done Tower
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:14 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well,I put the F4U together quickly,about 15 or 20 minutes... Now the bad side NO STEERING FOR THE TAIL WHEEL !!!! Who's Idea was this !!!! He (or she ) is certainly not a RC Pilot Looks like the same tail wheel as the P-51 .. Taking off and landing is going to be a trick for some of us that like to taxi out on to the runway... Ground handling is going to hurt sales of this plane compared to the P-51
The other problem is more of a nusance than a problem "sticky double sided tape" sucks ,won't stick to the foam
Well ,I'll stick a Rx in and maiden tomorrow...Unless I find more issue's That didn't take long ...No velcro strap to hold down the battery...so get industrial strength velcro and 3M 90 under the velcro or you may have a dangling battery in the middle of a roll..!!!
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 08, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:07 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
I just put a 2200 mah 3s in and it looks like it needs about 1oz of lead up front or more Tower said to use a 1800 and push it as far foward as possible and you may still may need wieght(up to 1oz or more) Who are they kidding...If they say that ,they must know this plane is not ready for production also ...I think they printed the manual as a afterthoughtI think they would make more money if they delayed production and got it right the first time...this $104 (with club discounts) is a gamble,they're nodoubt waiting for suckers like me to bite...So if I can get it off the ground I'll be lucky ,but I'll have to play with the CG,cause this thing ain't gonna fly out of the box ,You can take that to the bank overall It's a good looking airplane,but looks ain't flyin'
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, ID, CDA
Joined Dec 2010
333 Posts
Well ,Here's the F-4U ...Looks good Huh...!!! Wheel's are bigger than The P-51,so it may handle grass landings and maybe takeoff's also the struts are angled forward they got the hint on that one from the feedback on the P-51...!!
Last edited by planesilver; Aug 08, 2012 at 11:28 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 11:56 PM
United States, MD, Potomac
Joined Oct 2010
320 Posts
Can it handle belly landings?
mkcp40 is offline Find More Posts by mkcp40