HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 08, 2012, 12:34 AM
(LITTLE TOM)....
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2005
343 Posts
Thanks. to all the cvrc guys great contest it was my first time there i had a blast. I can't wait for next year.pics aren't bad for a cell phone more to come....Tom
ttoomm is online now Find More Posts by ttoomm
Last edited by ttoomm; Oct 08, 2012 at 06:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:11 AM
Pedal Faster
USA, CA, Visalia
Joined Apr 2004
137 Posts
2012 Fall Fest Score Pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT4 Display Only
Fall Fest Scores are now posted at

http://www.cvrcsoaring.com/index.html

Are they?

I can't seem to find them?

The Link http://www.cvrcsoaring.com/index.html takes you to this page
If clicking the link takes you to a different looking CVRC page you may be loading from your brouser history
refreash the page ..... click the little green double arrow lookin thing in the upper right hand corner of internet explorer
Then you just click on the class above the red arrow you want to see the scores for.
MT4 Display Only is offline Find More Posts by MT4 Display Only
Last edited by MT4 Display Only; Oct 08, 2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:21 AM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,259 Posts
I was at the Festival on Saturday. My mostly picture article should be live today later on Liftzone as I have submitted it to our editor. A couple of videos of launches and landings and about 100 pictures mostly of the same. Mike Heer
PS: Here are three thermal tells from Saturday.
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Michael Heer; Oct 08, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 09:42 AM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
Here is a simple video made up of a couple of my less-than-perfect out landings. What happens on the second (crash) landing was totally not deliberate. Honest! My LPA went off, apparently when I went behind the levee. The funny part is what sound I chose as the alarm.

As I always say when my hands are on the Tx: Grab a Dramamine and enjoy!

Gentle Lady outlandings at the 2012 CVRC Fall Soaring Festival (9 min 9 sec)

Here are a few pictures of a critter I spotted, a one-winged red velvet ant, actually a kind of solitary wasp. I put it up on the wing to keep it relatively still for a little while, then tried chasing it with the camera on the ground. Fast little bugger.
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Last edited by Lil Stinkpot; Oct 08, 2012 at 10:23 AM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:43 AM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,341 Posts
Absolutely. This was my 10th year and it was, as always, a great time with friends and flying. Many thanks to the CVRC crew who did an outstanding job with the field and kept things running smoothly.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl Perkins View Post
It's always a blast, and is one of the must attend comps of the year for you west coasters.
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:06 PM
that's gonna hurt...
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined May 2005
1,082 Posts
We had a great time - please say thanks to the entire CVRC crew who did a super job putting on the contest.

Bruce
blewis01 is online now Find More Posts by blewis01
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:18 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
20,859 Posts
Yes-

Thank you to the crew at CVRC for doing the same job as always with the contest:
STELLAR!

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:30 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,587 Posts
And for me an Aerotow guy who has been away from TD comps for about 4 or 5 years, I had fun and and actually felt a bit of an adrenalin rush when I "had" to find some air during a few flights along with trying to hit the landing spot, no better place to get back into competition than Visalia, top notch event, and a lot of fun reconnecting with some old friends. I'll be doing more of this TD thing!
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Last edited by s2000; Oct 08, 2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:22 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Aug 2006
380 Posts
I am looking at the totals for the OPEN contest and cannot figure out the format. The top score was 3,722 (congratulations Ben) after 8 rounds. Were they not 10 minute rounds? Was there a throw out? What about landing points?

Stefano
stefanoc2 is offline Find More Posts by stefanoc2
Old Oct 08, 2012, 03:37 PM
LSF V aspirant
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,341 Posts
We flew seven rounds...four on Saturday and three on Sunday. Each day began with a 5 minute task, with the rest being 10 minutes. Landings were circles with 5, 10 or 25 points. I believe the scoring was one point per second.

So, max points would have been 3,775. No throw-outs.

Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanoc2 View Post
I am looking at the totals for the OPEN contest and cannot figure out the format. The top score was 3,722 (congratulations Ben) after 8 rounds. Were they not 10 minute rounds? Was there a throw out? What about landing points?
tewatson is offline Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:36 PM
irvine, ca
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Lil' ! great video .. shows the wide open spaces as well as some of the nasty features surrounding the field. All in great fun though eh ?
jrs_123 is online now Find More Posts by jrs_123
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:21 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,413 Posts
what a blast CVRC knows how to it up right! Soaring USA, thanks for new Xplorer2 Also thanks to all the vendors for their donations and to all you people that bought tickets for the raffle! You guys rock!!!! And on a side note, I flew the "modified" ALES Sat. and Sunday, had a flight Saturday I was at 50' with 3 minutes to go, over the other side of the pond, caught a bubble, drifted down wind with it, got about 300', timers says 1 minute to go, humm can I make it back to the field, down elevator, landed in the parking area, my timer makes the walk of shame for me, thanks Phil! And as I am walking back to my pit, somebody asks me why did you just not turn the motor back on to make the field, I look down at my TX, look up at him and say, it never crossed my mind, the motor is just for the launch, it's a sailplane after that Thanks to the Brady Bunch for a wonderful dinner and great company all weekend!

Al
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:22 PM
Egads! It's a GIRL!
Joined Jul 2011
3,224 Posts
Al!

Who won the Explorer?

YOU DID! Woo hoo!
Lil Stinkpot is offline Find More Posts by Lil Stinkpot
Old Oct 08, 2012, 07:38 PM
so. cal.
Joined Jan 2006
2,587 Posts
That sure was generous of Bob at SoaringUSA to donate an Explorer 2 to the raffle, I was hoping for the surprise of adding a nice new orange X2 to my quiver, but congrats to Al for having the lucky ticket.
s2000 is online now Find More Posts by s2000
Old Oct 08, 2012, 08:59 PM
AMA 3959
Joined Oct 2002
1,413 Posts
woohoo!
alstrahm is online now Find More Posts by alstrahm