HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2012, 08:37 PM
Outstanding in the field of...
New Haven, CT., USA
Joined Feb 2006
2,065 Posts
I wouldn't trust those POS PZ supplied chargers as they have a great tendency of leaving many among us disappointed, but that being said, no matter what one chooses to use, the battery's flight readiness should always be verified prior to actual use as part of the pre-flight.

A reliable battery charger is a key essential piece of equipment on which everything else depends upon.
Max Headspeed is online now Find More Posts by Max Headspeed
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:27 AM
Joined Aug 2010
29 Posts
work with elevons using v-tail mixer

The 3 axis will work with elevons (delta) if you use a mixer. I used a V-Tail mixer. I don't know if it matters, but I used the ELE & AIL L?
RANTHM is offline Find More Posts by RANTHM
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:13 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANTHM View Post
The 3 axis will work with elevons (delta) if you use a mixer. I used a V-Tail mixer. I don't know if it matters, but I used the ELE & AIL L?
I am assuming you used an external mixer after the Orange box not a TX built in one

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Aug 12, 2012, 04:57 AM
Switzerland
Joined Jun 2007
150 Posts
Straight flight with my AXN-Floater-Jet FPV and an Orange RX 3-axis from Hobbyking:
RX3S OrangeRX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer for FPV (2 min 30 sec)
jacky65 is offline Find More Posts by jacky65
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:26 AM
Has Sloped Off
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky65 View Post
Straight flight with my AXN-Floater-Jet FPV and an Orange RX 3-axis from Hobbyking:
http://youtu.be/yqq4jwmQzyo
around 30s you can see the aileron gain is too high and she is starting to oscillate in the roll axis, I had the same but much worse

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:35 AM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
so jacky65 whats your verdict on it, looks ok in flight.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:14 AM
Just Fly!
United States, WV, Bridgeport
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headspeed View Post
I wouldn't trust those POS PZ supplied chargers as they have a great tendency of leaving many among us disappointed, but that being said, no matter what one chooses to use, the battery's flight readiness should always be verified prior to actual use as part of the pre-flight.

A reliable battery charger is a key essential piece of equipment on which everything else depends upon.
I have a Thunder Power 601C-ACDC charger. Just chose to use the PZ one this time.
Won't do it again.

Troutbum
Troutbum is online now Find More Posts by Troutbum
Old Aug 12, 2012, 10:24 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
I have a couple of testers similiar to these. I use them A LOT.
I consider them an indispensable tool. They have saved my butt several times.
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...e-Alarm/Detail
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Aug 12, 2012, 12:31 PM
Switzerland
Joined Jun 2007
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssss18 View Post
so jacky65 whats your verdict on it, looks ok in flight.
Really better than previous flights without stabilizer. Of course, my 2m60 balsa glider flies more smooth but this is a great improvement for that kind of small 1m30 foam airplane.
jacky65 is offline Find More Posts by jacky65
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
Outstanding in the field of...
New Haven, CT., USA
Joined Feb 2006
2,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutbum View Post
I have a Thunder Power 601C-ACDC charger. Just chose to use the PZ one this time.
Won't do it again.

Troutbum
Excellent choice.
I recently replaced my aged Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite with the Thunder T6 quad charger, and a W250 power supply unit.

I have the FMA Co-Pilot (CPD4) Flight Stabilization System that boasts, "...just center the sticks and watch Co-Pilot save your bacon."
So, can one assume that this Orange RX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer system does the same thing, but just in a different way (gyro vs optics)?
Max Headspeed is online now Find More Posts by Max Headspeed
Last edited by Max Headspeed; Aug 12, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,611 Posts
No.

The CoPilot and the Eageltree Guardian have a self levelling capacity. The Guardian for example in 2D mode will take a model from an inverted spin to smooth level flight in an instant when you switch it on. It's impressive to watch!

This thing is just 3 rate gyros which will damp out external disturbances from wind. It makes the model fly smoother but has no ability to do flight corrections based on where the ground is.
Quote:

I have the FMA Co-Pilot system that boasts "...just center the sticks and watch Co-Pilot save your bacon."

Can this stabilizer unit do the same?
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Old Aug 12, 2012, 06:59 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Quote:
Excellent choice.
I recently replaced my aged Hobbico Accu-Cycle Elite with the Thunder T6 quad charger, and a W250 power supply unit.

I have the FMA Co-Pilot (CPD4) Flight Stabilization System that boasts, "...just center the sticks and watch Co-Pilot save your bacon."
So, can one assume that this Orange RX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer system does the same thing, but just in a different way (gyro vs optics)?
Here, read up about AS3X. Once you have, you'll have a good idea as to the features of the OrangeRX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer.

It will not automatically right your plane...after you center your sticks. There is no auto leveling at all..

Read this..they're very similar - http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/AS3X/

Repeat after me - 3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro

Ahh..who am I kidding....in a few minutes..or hours...or maybe a day. The next person will come along, convinced that this is more then just a 3-Axis Gyro. Oh well, till then remember...3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro..

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:02 PM
United States, MA, Boston
Joined May 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiko View Post
Here, read up about AS3X. Once you have, you'll have a good idea as to the features of the OrangeRX 3-Axis Flight Stabilizer.

It will not automatically right your plane...after you center your sticks. There is no auto leveling at all..

Read this..they're very similar - http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/AS3X/

Repeat after me - 3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro

Ahh..who am I kidding....in a few minutes..or hours...or maybe a day. The next person will come along, convinced that this is more then just a 3-Axis Gyro. Oh well, till then remember...3-Axis Rate Gyro...3-Axis Rate Gyro..

-mike-
So the OrangeRX will auto level, right?

JK
Bhuwan is offline Find More Posts by Bhuwan
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:24 PM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhuwan View Post
So the OrangeRX will auto level, right?

JK
Boiko, I've just heard the OrangeRX autolevels... can you confirm?
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
Old Aug 12, 2012, 07:42 PM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
Boiko, I've just heard the OrangeRX autolevels... can you confirm?
Yes, when the airplane impacts the ground, regardless of the attitude, everything will level out.
Rn
A Rdnek is offline Find More Posts by A Rdnek