HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
Just made up a set of male-male leads so I could check my V2 that arrived yesterday. The ailerons are STILL not as they should be, identical in fact to the V1. The aux. channel feature works, and this, along with elevon support was what I was most interested in. Looks like we'll have to keep those y-cords handy. The V2 is also a fair amount smaller than the V1.
rcguy59 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy59
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signflyer View Post
Can someone with a v2 unit attest to the aileron issue? With the v1 units, you must use a splitter to use dual aileron servos. Is this still the case?
Yes you do. There is 2 ports for Ailerons L & R, but they move the same way so you need to use a splitter cable.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:37 AM
2^p - 1
United States, MO, Springfield
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Thanks Hendrnk. I really wish they had fixed this, it would be nice to use flaperons.
signflyer is offline Find More Posts by signflyer
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:48 AM
Segelfliegen bedeutet Freiheit
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined May 2010
1,083 Posts
Why DO these two not run differentially? Is not that the intent?

It does not affect my immediate application, but seems illogical.
SkyCadet is offline Find More Posts by SkyCadet
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New plane - Evader!!!
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
2^p - 1
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Nobody know the answer to that. Seems like an easy fix, maybe something noobee can fix with firmware??
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
Unless you have two input for the ailerons, then having 2 output for the ailerons is useless. It still will NOT give you flapperons/spoilerons

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
I'd like to see 2 aileron inputs on V3 and it would be awesome to get remote gain control even though it would require 3 separate channels to do so.
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:24 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post
Unless you have two input for the ailerons, then having 2 output for the ailerons is useless. It still will NOT give you flapperons/spoilerons

chewy
Have a read
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=955
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:13 PM
2^p - 1
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
Yes, but this is not what we are discussing. The problem is that the stabilizer 'corrects' both ailerons in the same direction. Many of us have tried all sorts of reversing in the TX and on the unit, but there is no way to utilize both aileron outputs (even with two input).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewytm View Post

chewy
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Yes, but this is not what we are discussing. The problem is that the stabilizer 'corrects' both ailerons in the same direction. Many of us have tried all sorts of reversing in the TX and on the unit, but there is no way to utilize both aileron outputs (even with two input).
this is probably due to the original (can I say lame) programming. if we utilise the dip switches to define what mode we are in, then for the flaperons mode we treat L AIL and R AIL signal independendly and then what comes out is the L AIL -gain pulse change and R AIL respectevly + gain pulse change. you need to do your mixing on the tx for flaperons, but it can be done
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
Canada, BC, Coquitlam
Joined Dec 2009
442 Posts
Quote:
If you had 2 inputs it would be no issue to simply reverse in your transmitter, no reversing will work right now with the single aileron input. Only way of doing it would be using a servo reverser or with a programmable servo (reversing the rotation direction like on hyperion servos)
Minimog is offline Find More Posts by Minimog
Old Dec 26, 2012, 07:05 PM
2^p - 1
Joined Feb 2003
1,327 Posts
I see what you are saying now. Chewytm was also correct.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 10:47 PM
Australia, QLD, Deagon
Joined Oct 2011
53 Posts
I'm not following this aileron prob.. if the two outputs are identical, then no prob, same as y-cable...... so are you telling me that L and R aileron outputs are one the reverse of the other ??
omnivorr is offline Find More Posts by omnivorr
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:14 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnivorr View Post
I'm not following this aileron prob.. if the two outputs are identical, then no prob, same as y-cable...... so are you telling me that L and R aileron outputs are one the reverse of the other ??
Yes they are.

I will try the Delta dip switch in the morning and see if that makes a difference.
hendrnk is online now Find More Posts by hendrnk
Last edited by hendrnk; Dec 27, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:56 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
4,005 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Yes, adding more hardware (cabling etc) will work, but that involves a hardware hack. A lot of people are up to it, but it is not possible without an additional aileron input.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm