Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:27 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
This seems to be just what the doctor ordered...does anyone else have a turnigy 9x or flysky9x radio as i do... I guess theres a switch you have to setup to turn this on or off,which is pretty cool...anyone plan on installing in an EDF jet...I can't wait to hear more about this...i have only been flying for a few months now,but love this hobby...I have several planes already built which are mainly warbirds...this device will really take the nerves off and i will get these birds in the air...
I don't think there is any way regardless of the transmitter brand/model that you can turn this on/off...

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 07, 2012, 02:54 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
From what i understand this HK system is very similiar to what this Horizon hobby products does... http://youtu.be/2I2U1logQA0
You are correct...and all for a very low cost!

It expands the flight envelop.
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Content/Ima...x_envelope.png

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:00 PM
Just Fly!
United States, WV, Bridgeport
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by signflyer View Post
That definitely helps, but please clarify one detail. Is there anything plugged into the stabilizer 'bat' spot? If so, from where?
You seem to be the only one posting who actually has one, so we appreciate the help
Nothing plugged into the BATT port.

Denny
Troutbum is offline Find More Posts by Troutbum
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:04 PM
Just Fly!
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Quote:
Can you tell me and everyone if connectors were included? Or do i need to purchase Y connectors or any special connectors sepparately to hook this unit up...thanks
No wires included. Just your ordinary servo extension wires are what he used. I generally keep plenty of those around in different lengths.

Denny
Old Aug 07, 2012, 08:10 PM
Just Fly!
Joined Feb 2011
220 Posts
Maybe we will get it out to the field this weekend for a trial.
My Parkzone Albatros D-Va came today. It might get the other stabilizer unit.

One thing my son does, is order extra of everything. He pointed this thing out to me and asked me if I wanted one. Not even really knowing what it was, I said, "Sure, whatever".

Glad I did.

Denny
Old Aug 07, 2012, 09:15 PM
Novice in training
United States, NC, Statesville
Joined Aug 2011
697 Posts
They just became available again.
JoshB is offline Find More Posts by JoshB
Old Aug 07, 2012, 10:14 PM
Joined May 2010
1,668 Posts
Has anyone here bought KK board for $15 and put in airplane ..Here's the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1568554 very confusing to me,but this seems to do a great job in stabilizing planes...theres a lot of tech talk pictures and some video's,but i still don't think its do able for me as i am very low tech only good with mechanical things not this firmware stuff.. This guy told me about the KK board with this Areo put in it..here's his plane flying and he can switch on/off during flight from his TX which i really like...
Skysurfer (Bixler) with the Hobbyking KK V2.1 Board Test Flight (5 min 42 sec)
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Last edited by hate2crash; Aug 07, 2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:17 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
810 Posts
Quote:
Has anyone here bought KK board for $15 and put in airplane
You might want to ask that question over in the KK board thread...
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Aug 08, 2012, 10:22 AM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
810 Posts
I also noticed that in the HK listing page they show the USPasp AVR programming harness in the COMBO area. I assume they are anticipating you tech-y guys to write new firmware to flash onto this unit? What are some of the possible additional features that could be added using the Atmega168PA?
greedyg76 is online now Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Aug 08, 2012, 01:01 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
well mine came today just over a week to the UK. can not have a play as i forgot to get male to male servo cables.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:11 PM
Joined May 2010
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssss18 View Post
well mine came today just over a week to the UK. can not have a play as i forgot to get male to male servo cables.
That's a bummer..what r u going to put it in first?
Old Aug 08, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined May 2010
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
I also noticed that in the HK listing page they show the USPasp AVR programming harness in the COMBO area. I assume they are anticipating you tech-y guys to write new firmware to flash onto this unit? What are some of the possible additional features that could be added using the Atmega168PA?
I am a low tech guy. Have'nt a clue.but yes, they are reprograming that board to do some pretty cool stuff...I am staying away from it for now..been spending to much money on other gajets..just bought 2 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25448 and 2 regular gyros...i think they will do the trick..
Old Aug 08, 2012, 07:15 PM
madjeff
United Kingdom, Stockton-on-Tees
Joined Mar 2008
535 Posts
Quote:
That's a bummer..what r u going to put it in first?
going to put it in my parkzone t28 as its got plenty of room and it flys well so will be good as my test bed. then i may put it in a glider for windy days.
sssss18 is offline Find More Posts by sssss18
Old Aug 08, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined May 2010
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sssss18 View Post
going to put it in my parkzone t28 as its got plenty of room and it flys well so will be good as my test bed. then i may put it in a glider for windy days.
Cool, i have a new Gray Dynam t-28 with retracts i never flew.50in wingspan...very nice plane..will be interested in your results...
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:45 AM
Australia, TAS, Hobart
Joined Nov 2004
311 Posts
Does anyone know if this would work on a 2-servo flying wing (combined ailerons/elevator)? The manual says it does but I don't quite get how the two servos are meant to be connected, presumably this board does the mixing? I guess for the price you just get it and try it out...
MrBlenny is offline Find More Posts by MrBlenny