HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 15, 2012, 09:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
1 Posts
3 axis wiring?

I received my 3 axis unit yesterday and down loaded the manual. I don't see any reference to "AVR" or "ISP" contacts that are on the unit. What gets wired to them?
khortler is offline Find More Posts by khortler
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:02 AM
Is Stateside.......
Uk South Wales
Joined Aug 2009
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khortler View Post
I received my 3 axis unit yesterday and down loaded the manual. I don't see any reference to "AVR" or "ISP" contacts that are on the unit. What gets wired to them?
nothing, they are for programming the unit we think.

just use the input and output connections, no need for separate power supply if you dont want to it works fine without. mount it on some velcro or soft foam double sided tape to try and minimise some of the vibration it will give jittery servos if you get the vibrations into it.

Dave
dav3uk is online now Find More Posts by dav3uk
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:03 AM
Bruno, GOOD DOG
United States, IA, Grinnell
Joined Aug 2007
4,004 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khortler View Post
Nothing, they are there for future development.
Rn

Edit: Dave beat me
A Rdnek is online now Find More Posts by A Rdnek
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
Curiouser and curiouser
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Oct 2005
2,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdaremi View Post
If you look at the word ORX, it is look like an arrow with O at the tip and X at the tale. The tip of arrow "O" should be toward the front of airplane. ..............Fred
I agree with all that you said but I think that this one item might be misleading to some.
The problem is that there is another arrow on the bottom that looks just like that one only a little larger - IT POINTS THE OTHER DIRECTION - DANG.
If you remove the case - real easy to do - there is a white arrow on the printed circuit board, near the sensor, that agrees with the arrow on the TOP of the case, but not with the one on the bottom of the case.

Walt
Kokopeli is offline Find More Posts by Kokopeli
Old Aug 15, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdudeuk View Post
Check out the price now. Maybe there's more demand than expected ?
I sent him a message and he told me the price was what it was because he had stock, and HK didn't. GOUGE...Ouch.
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Aug 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post
I agree with all that you said but I think that this one item might be misleading to some.
The problem is that there is another arrow on the bottom that looks just like that one only a little larger - IT POINTS THE OTHER DIRECTION - DANG.
If you remove the case - real easy to do - there is a white arrow on the printed circuit board, near the sensor, that agrees with the arrow on the TOP of the case, but not with the one on the bottom of the case.

Walt
Walt - you can mount with the arrow pointed to the front or the back of the plane, it doesn't matter - the axis is the same. That is why there is reverse switches

Greg
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:28 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,430 Posts
Mine arrived today.

Ordered late-July.

Dave

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
Semper Fi
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Mine arrived today.

Ordered late-July.

Dave

That is odd, cause I ordered mine on Aug 3rd and received it on the 13th...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 01:51 PM
England
Joined Nov 2005
1,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
I sent him a message and he told me the price was what it was because he had stock, and HK didn't. GOUGE...Ouch.
3,750.00 now. Why would he do that ? Maybe he's watching this thread ?
netdudeuk is offline Find More Posts by netdudeuk
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:23 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
That is odd, cause I ordered mine on Aug 3rd and received it on the 13th...
Yup, my order was placed on July 28.

You California guys get stuff from China sooner than the rest of us.

(As if it's not enough that you also have swimmin' pools.......movie stars........maybe I should just pack-up the folks and move out there!)

pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:33 PM
Semper Fi
Joined Mar 2009
811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Yup, my order was placed on July 28.

You California guys get stuff from China sooner than the rest of us.

(As if it's not enough that you also have swimmin' pools.......movie stars........maybe I should just pack-up the folks and move out there!)

You don't want to come to Kommiefornia. Those of us that are smart are getting ready to pull up stakes an go elsewhere...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
Fly Hiiii
United States, AL, Montgomery
Joined Jul 2006
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbite View Post

Walt
Good point.

Thanks,

Fred
fdaremi is online now Find More Posts by fdaremi
Old Aug 15, 2012, 02:49 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,721 Posts
If that arrogant dude on EBay is monitoring this thread, he ain't gonna like what I'm going to post (and maybe HK as well)!

I ordered a couple of these 8/02. Hobby King had the manufacture direct ship them to me, and I got them 8/14. I did a little Google searching from the address that was on the packaging and I came up with Fiber Optic Products, INC. They're a little higher priced $24.95 then HK, but at least they are available (probably not after this post thou)!

Still no manual available, but from what I've read here, we've figured it out ourselves!

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Aug 2010
1,018 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
If that arrogant dude on EBay is monitoring this thread, he ain't gonna like what I'm going to post (and maybe HK as well)!

I ordered a couple of these 8/02. Hobby King had the manufacture direct ship them to me, and I got them 8/14. I did a little Google searching from the address that was on the packaging and I came up with Fiber Optic Products, INC. They're a little higher priced $24.95 then HK, but at least they are available (probably not after this post thou)!

Still no manual available, but from what I've read here, we've figured it out ourselves!

Gary
Where are they located??
Bill0 is offline Find More Posts by Bill0
Old Aug 15, 2012, 04:32 PM
United States, WA, Auburn
Joined Dec 2011
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill0 View Post
Where are they located??
Looks like Fiber Optic Products Inc is a reseller. They are located out of Clearlake Oaks, California.
Javatango is offline Find More Posts by Javatango