HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by GreenAce92_v2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 04:30 AM
Euphoric flights
United States, NY, Fredonia
Joined Aug 2011
517 Posts
Discussion
Have no fear! Cheap man is here! [ FPV for those lacking funds ]

I just wanted to create this quick blog entry regarding the costs of FPV.

A while ago during my past semester I created a website dedicated for people with less funds to operate fpv vehicles but still had the desire to do so.

My website sort of fell apart as a result of an induced paranoia regarding my own photographs and people stealing my work but whatever... practically anything you can think about has already been thought of thanks to the billions that populate Earth and the permutative-like thinking patterns of humans.

Here is a post regarding the minimal equipment required to operate fpv vehicles. No you don't need goggles, OSD, gps, antenna tracking, head tracking etc... these are what you would call "Frivolous expenses"

FPV on a budget

Excerpt

F.P.V.
Overall, F.P.V. is anything but cheap, but you can really reduce the initial start up costs and get a taste of this hobby which will then allow you to decide if you want to spend the big bucks for more expensive equipment.
The most basic equipment you will need to fly FPV:
Monitor | AV Transmitter | AV Receiver | Battery | A camera |
A fully functioning plane

Again I apologize for some of the missing photographs ( many ! )
You can fly FPV for less than $200.00 and I don't mean $199.99 is less, I mean more like $165.00, simply depends on your ingenuity and desire to find bargains.
GreenAce92_v2 is offline Find More Posts by GreenAce92_v2
Last edited by GreenAce92_v2; Sep 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts