HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 06:43 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
New Product
Anyone seen this? What is this?

Is this the right forum category to post this on?

Large scale all alloy EDF 1150mm x 900mm span. Super strong composite using a type of carbon/poly mix combined with a super strong core we have created.

Want to bring to market and offer a ship which is way stronger than fiber glass, but not as expensive as carbon and detail second to none

Anyone seen this before?

Who would be interested?

I have posted on another thread, but think this one may be best, so sorry for any double up. Not wanting to be a time waster, just offering something new.
Ridgehogs is offline Find More Posts by Ridgehogs
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
Please show it un-painted. With the material used. A picture is worth......

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:20 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,922 Posts
to me it looks like a plastic model show us the guts and structure.
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
to me it looks like a plastic model show us the guts and structure.
Close, we use a type of EPP, but it is NOT EPP. We have a shock proof outer which gets fitted to the core, a shell like glass - is strong as nails, yet is not brittle like glass...

Is this okay on this thread? If so I can feed more info.

Again, just to test the waters on interest to other pilots.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:54 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
has it been flown yet? ......I ask because you have the super sniper flutter tail designed elevator.....not good
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:57 PM
wannabe Jet guy
Green Valley, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
1,988 Posts
Belly Flopper

It looks like a display model, No gear unless it a Belly landing System. Gear doors are painted.

Ralph
CRCJA is online now Find More Posts by CRCJA
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:52 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
has it been flown yet? ......I ask because you have the super sniper flutter tail designed elevator.....not good
No Flutter, I use 3mm carbon spars, never had flutter. Keep surface area small and only use strong metal gear servos.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:56 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRCJA View Post
It looks like a display model, No gear unless it a Belly landing System. Gear doors are painted.

Ralph
Hi Ralph,

Designed for slope soaring and opening the door to pilots who want to fly anywhere, rather than just a field. Used to be my frustration - not being able to land anywhere without fear of breaking something.

Here in New Zealand, amazing landscapes, valleys to fly through. Makes it look like and feel like it is the real thing.

Before this one I made several others, all prototypes to test flight characteristics, wing design, flight time, thrust, loadings etc, etc, etc - having fun with developing something new.

I will dig out the photo of the F4 I made... and some earlier flight tests using this design.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 08:28 AM
Watt me worry?
Florida
Joined Mar 2006
3,975 Posts
I for one would like to see the construction......the insides....the guts of the plane. I am all for something new. Show us.
Do you have a web site?
Madmax1965 is offline Find More Posts by Madmax1965
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Here is the test flight of the poly version I constructed to test weather she would fly okay. Even though it may be a "belly flopper" it allows the pilot to hand launch from any location.... and land anywhere

2.2kgs all up flying weight (4.8lbs) Can take 6 - 8cell lipos, loads of room and CG is always good (made a little nose heavy for high wind/slope soaring).

From here (the XUA-V) I modified the fuse and thickened the wing core so she could carry a monster payload Now we have the XUA-F

I am waiting on a good day to do more filming to so you pilots.

Ridgehogs XUAV STRIKER Slope Soaring RC Jet.mov (1 min 25 sec)
Old Jul 31, 2012, 03:25 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,848 Posts
very cool ridgehogs.........love the stop frame effect
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Aug 03, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgehogs View Post
Is this the right forum category to post this on?

Large scale all alloy EDF 1150mm x 900mm span. Super strong composite using a type of carbon/poly mix combined with a super strong core we have created.

Want to bring to market and offer a ship which is way stronger than fiber glass, but not as expensive as carbon and detail second to none

Anyone seen this before?

Who would be interested?

I have posted on another thread, but think this one may be best, so sorry for any double up. Not wanting to be a time waster, just offering something new.
Great looking scalish design, must be a brilliant flier, I love it but after seeing your other Thread not knowing the size, I'm disappointed it is so small. I'm looking for another model to fit in 120mm size fan. 6+kg of accessories would be too much to fit in this one!. 210x170cm would be more appropriate size, that would sale like a hot cake at right price. Still waiting some genius will come up with something of that foamy caliber soon. When you mentioned 50K in production cost, you can forget selling it through these forums. You would die of starvation in no time! Regards Joe.
jofro is offline Find More Posts by jofro
Old Aug 04, 2012, 03:50 AM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jofro View Post
When you mentioned 50K in production cost, you can forget selling it through these forums. You would die of starvation in no time! Regards Joe.
50k to set up moulds, dies, CAD work, production - then approx starting from $250 per aircraft.

It is all about volume and return on the investment. The more I can sell, the cheaper the unit cost. This thread is more like who could be interested in one if the price was right.

Once the weather is good I will get out and film this in detail. So stay tuned
Old Aug 04, 2012, 02:07 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,304 Posts
bring demos to the big distributors and sell contracted orders first. provide them some marketing data. your not likely to volume or mass market alone.

looking forward to seeing more.
cheers -Stone
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Aug 05, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Jun 2012
132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer View Post
bring demos to the big distributors and sell contracted orders first. provide them some marketing data. your not likely to volume or mass market alone.

looking forward to seeing more.
cheers -Stone
I totally agree!!!

Thing is to make contact with the decision maker, and who is the right company, also being aware that many products get manufactured in the same place and simply "re branded".

My roll here in NZ is a product designer and graphic designer. I design so much packaging for the international market, product which simply gets "re branded" and sold for various prices depending of how it is branded.

Most products you see are the same thing with different packaging and decals, I know as I do up a great deal of this for my clients who import/export their product. Made in China, re branded, shipped to outlet stores and "sold" as their own product.

An example is one high end store will sell a product at a premium price, they will re package this product and sell the same thing at a low price at a different store - creating better sales.

In short re RC Aircraft - who?

Who would be good? Who would I contact (decision maker)?

Who can help?

Thanks
G.