HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:45 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Discussion
Obama Cancelled bin Laden Raid Three Times

And almost cancelled a fourth time, I suspect, as his final 18 hour indecision always seemed odd to me.
Quote:
At the urging of Valerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission, according to an explosive new book scheduled for release August 21. The Daily Caller has seen a portion of the chapter in which the stunning revelation appears.

In ”Leading From Behind: The Reluctant President and the Advisors Who Decide for Him,“ Richard Miniter writes that Obama canceled the “kill” mission in January 2011, again in February, and a third time in March. Obama’s close adviser Valerie Jarrett persuaded him to hold off each time, according to the book.

Miniter, a two-time New York Times best-selling author, cites an unnamed source with Joint Special Operations Command who had direct knowledge of the operation and its planning.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:50 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,712 Posts
Perhaps the ultimate success of the mission depended on those delays. Second guessing is always so much fun, though.
thunder1 is offline Find More Posts by thunder1
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:59 AM
Not THAT Ira
Coupeville, Wa
Joined Jan 2006
4,722 Posts
Or maybe he was waiting for his testicles to descend.
Real Ira is offline Find More Posts by Real Ira
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:10 AM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
That was great. Personally I think he is still waiting............
LcJ is offline Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Own your own - What it means
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:17 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Get your story stright. Is Obama an emasculated leader, not willing to use force against anyone, or is he a Chicago thug, willing to take hits out on American citizens? It's hard to tell these days, because the message is so fuzzy.

But then again, what should I expect from those who elevated that idiot GWB on a pedastal which he could barely stay on without falling over.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
I don't see this as any suprise. Obama is not a leader and appears to be very indecisive. This would fit right in line with what i would expect from him.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,712 Posts
On the military front, Obama has been a very forceful leader. There are thousands of gay service members who believe that, and likely quite a few Talibanis who feel the same way.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:27 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder1 View Post
On the military front, Obama has been a very forceful leader. There are thousands of gay service members who believe that, and likely quite a few Talibanis who feel the same way.
Obviously the 20,000 dead in Syria would agree.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:31 AM
Bagpipes spoken here
United States, MN, St Paul
Joined Aug 2007
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
I don't see this as any suprise. Obama is not a leader and appears to be very indecisive. This would fit right in line with what i would expect from him.
Saying NO is being indecisive?
Pipemajor is offline Find More Posts by Pipemajor
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:37 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Al Qaeda, not so much.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86O0AN20120725
Quote:
(Reuters) - Al Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq has claimed responsibility for scores of attacks across the country targeting mostly Shi'ite Muslim targets this week which killed and wounded hundreds of people.

At least 116 people were killed and about 300 wounded in bomb and gun attacks on Monday, by far the bloodiest day of violence since U.S. troops withdrew in December. A day earlier 20 were killed in bombings as part of a co-ordinated surge of violence.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:40 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,365 Posts
Errr... did he cancel and lose, or did he cancel and win? (I thought it's results that matter to you guys? )

Was he wise, or 'waiting for his testicles to descend'?

Or does he have to come and check with all the armchair pundits here on LTUP?
Norman Adlam is online now Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipemajor View Post
Saying NO is being indecisive?
Having other people telling you to say no is indecisive.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
College Park, MD
Joined Sep 2002
4,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci_guy View Post
al Qaeda's affiliate, you mean? al Qaeda themselves are pretty much destroyed.

Do you think we should go back to Iraq to deal with them?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,256 Posts
Quote:
al Qaeda's affiliate, you mean? al Qaeda themselves are pretty much destroyed.

Do you think we should go back to Iraq to deal with them?
Al Qaeda never was a single organization.

"Centralization of decision and decentralization of execution.", that was Al Qaeda.

We should not have left Iraq until a stable government was in place. It took decades in Europe and Japan after WWII, only an idiot would think it would take less time in Iraq.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/66573.html
Quote:
“Today, I can report that, as promised, the rest of our troops in Iraq will come home by the end of the year,” Obama said in a surprise appearance in the White House briefing room. “After nearly nine years, America’s war in Iraq will be over.”
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:04 PM
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
Did I read this right??

"At the urging ofValerie Jarrett, President Barack Obama canceled the operation to kill Osama bin Laden on three separate occasions before finally approving the May 2, 2011 Navy SEAL mission"

The current resident of the White house has to rely on her to make his important decisions? For crying out loud. The sooner he leaves, the better it will be for all of us living here in the U.S.
mikefast is offline Find More Posts by mikefast