SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:35 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Kind of. In three axis mode the flight control software won't attempt to level itself.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi Gerry,
With a 3-axis gyro only multicopter, you do and are the self-leveling controller. Most multicopters, the LB V2, and V1 in gyro only mode(green LED) are now coded to maintain a level set by you that it will go back to if the sticks are then only moved slightly. It will still have some gyro drifting because there is no accelerometer to correct that. Also if the angle of the model is changed more than about 10 degrees, you must then counter the angle to return it to level.

With a 6-axis multicopter you have the gyros and accelerometer which is calibrated to level and corrects gyro drift. When using this mode(red LED) in the LB V1 you will notice that it will return to level even after a full deflection of the stick fairly quickly. You still will have to counter the angle to stop the multicopter from continuing forward, backward sideways movement. Note that this is not position hold(must have GPS for that) so any wind will move the multicopter.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
What's the difference between 3 and 6-axis? Is it that returning the right stick to centre won't centre the controls in 3 but will in 6? I'm very confused.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:43 AM
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Double post.
Last edited by jesolins; Sep 30, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:45 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,002 Posts
Ok, great, thanks for the info. Makes perfect sense now.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:49 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,293 Posts
Also 6 axis is more docile and limits how far the ladybird will lean. It's impossible to flip in 6 axis mode. In 3 axis there is no limit to how far you can lean and you must be in 3 axis mode in order to perform aerobatics like flips and rolls. That's why many just keep there's in 3 axis mode.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 29, 2012, 09:54 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,293 Posts
Also Jesolins, thanks for the confirmation on the NP ladybird. At the price they're selling I was worried when mine got here on Monday something might not be as advertised. Glad to know its a genuine v1 w/ 2402d. Still can't believe the price and am pretty shocked they still have any in stock at this price. Thanks again.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:03 PM
Joined Feb 2007
14,669 Posts
Hi J,
You are welcome
The only thing I need to do so far is add a power-on LED to the nice 2409d Tx. Even though the display is back-lit, when it times out and it is dark in the room, it appears the Tx is off. It is a full size and takes 8AA's. Now I know they deplete to half power when the Tx is left on all night long...
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Also Jesolins, thanks for the confirmation on the NP ladybird. At the price they're selling I was worried when mine got here on Monday something might not be as advertised. Glad to know its a genuine v1 w/ 2402d. Still can't believe the price and am pretty shocked they still have any in stock at this price. Thanks again.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:25 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
just got my mjx x100 from banggood. can't believe they don't include an English manual lol. flies alright but the LB v1 flies sooo much better. I wouldn't be surprised if it's related to the toy tx, but it's much less stable hovering outside in 1-2mph winds than the LB, and has much sloppier response (again toy tx likely the culprit). I'm gonna have fun letting my friends fly it and we will likely destroy this little guy having lots of fun in the process!

I would jump on that nitroplanes deal. the tx alone is worth the extra cost, you will be very happy with your purchase!

edit: already managed to break one of the props into 2 pieces at the hub lol

the flips are more automatic and less rewarding since they take less skill. still fun though!
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Sep 29, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:24 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
Also 6 axis is more docile and limits how far the ladybird will lean. It's impossible to flip in 6 axis mode. In 3 axis there is no limit to how far you can lean and you must be in 3 axis mode in order to perform aerobatics like flips and rolls. That's why many just keep there's in 3 axis mode.
I agree with most of what's been posted, but I wouldn't exactly call 6-axis mode more docile... you can still really whip her aboot the place! I 'd call it more restrained. I've found that It has its uses too.. like leisurely sport flying in windy conditions, with it I can do high fast circuits in the wind and have high angle-of-attack in the banking turns without having to worry about ditching her with too high an AOA.... or especially if you do any Low-Light or pure Night Flying... It is nice to have 6-axis mode.
Perhaps if my skillz get remotely near Warthox's, I'll prefer to fly only "au naturale"

I wouldn't necessarilly poo poo having the option of the 6-axis "toggleable" in mid-flight with a V.1 Ladybird and a 6+ chnl TX. You don't see full-sized quad flyers "complain" about having too many options their MultiWii FC boards give them... like heading hold, altitude hold (baro?), GPS ect.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Last edited by vpsporb; Sep 29, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:58 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Gah I really wish I had the money right now to get a v1. Never wanted a walkera product, but the ladybird is easily the best in its class and $65 is soooo cheap. Anyone want to hire me for anything?
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:27 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
being able to toggle 6axis/3axis midflight is great, I constantly switch back and forth midair. doing big circuits ripping through the air at high speeds in 6axis mode is quite fun, then toggle to 3axis and boom I'm doing 4-5 tumbling loops through the air

also quite fond of the battery voltage warning! so simple and it works so well. it will give a chirp or two early when the loaded voltage drops below your custom voltage setting, works kind of like a pre warning to start wrapping it up before it's constantly buzzing and you have to land
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Last edited by flying toaster; Sep 29, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:24 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
being able to toggle 6axis/3axis midflight is great, I constantly switch back and forth midair. doing big circuits ripping through the air at high speeds in 6axis mode is quite fun, then toggle to 3axis and boom I'm doing 4-5 tumbling loops through the air

also quite fond of the battery voltage warning! so simple and it works so well. it will give a chirp or two early when the loaded voltage drops below your custom voltage setting, works kind of like a pre warning to start wrapping it up before it's constantly buzzing and you have to land
That's exactly what I've started doing with the mode toggle , it's a wonderful thing isn't it! The abilty to switch flight modes and flight styles in mid-flight thru a single LiPo is really quite liberating! and very full-sized quad like. Only in 6-axis mode am I comfortable in doing fast circuit turns that end-up completing behind me and continue on without having to turn my head around to see it, because I know that it won't ditch if I just keep the turning trajectory around me.

It's so cool that the V.1 Ladybird has on-demand 3-6axis mode-toggle capabilty that larger Sport/FPV FC have, plus like you say... I love that the wee Ladybird has "voltage telemetry" (with a comp.TX) that many/most FC boards do not have!
The Ladybird really is a Wunderwaffe!! As I've been trying to convey... Walkera despite all their flaws really hit a solid Home Run with the Ladybird!
The Ladybird isn't being mercilessly, 'tho unsuccessfully fully-cloned by so many manufacturers for no reason.

@skitchen8: I think you'll really enjoy flying one, It does many things a full-size quad does.. only just in a tiny hyper package.
Be good and your stocking might be filled with a LB this Xmas.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 30, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Which TX should be better for a v1 LB : Devo7 or Devo7E ?
I'm thinking about getting a spare v1 pcb and a Devo TX. (I already have LB motors for my v939/v929 hybrids)

The $58 offer isn't a deal for me as I live in Europe and shipping is $50.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Last edited by mystman; Sep 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:08 AM
Joined Sep 2012
226 Posts
I've got the LB / Devo 7 combo and can't figure out how to program the Devo so I can change the flight mode with the switch on the Devo. I watched the video, but somehow I can't work it out...
A friend of mine got the Devo as well and it works well. His was set up like this when he got it,
so doesn't know either how to do it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
hollgi is online now Find More Posts by hollgi
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:54 AM
Multitotor Pilot/Web Designer
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
1,126 Posts
I too have the LB Devo 7 combo and I used Tom Z's settings to program the flight mode switch to change from 6 to 3 axis it works fine. Here is a link:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=29
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM