SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 26, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Jun 2012
2,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
That is what I ordered :-)
I made a new canopy (out of a cup) and stuck the camera (velcro) on there...
That would explain it then. About the only thing worse than Velcro (tm) for attaching a camera to something so it is nice and stable and does not give a jello effect is....jello.

Thin double-sided foam tape, glue, anything that removes movement will give better results. Even a rubber band around everything to hold it steady after the Velcro attaches it would be an improvement. Also make sure your cup is short and solidly attached itself. Big holes for the legs will allow it to slosh about on the frame, which won't help.

There is the 3M branded more solid version of Velcro (clicklock or something) that's better if you want a removable option. Proper name, anyone?
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:06 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Bind 9x to wltoys:
Turn on rx. Be real quick now. Press and hold bind while turning on tx. Wait. Turn off tx and on again. Motors should spin.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
Old Sep 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Bind 9x to wltoys:
Turn on rx. Be real quick now. Press and hold bind while turning on tx. Wait. Turn off tx and on again. Motors should spin.
this should also work turning on the TX in bind mode first ... (at least it did for me ... if I remember right ...)
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I "JUST" made a blog post ...
Old Sep 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
...Thin double-sided foam tape, glue, anything that removes movement will give better results. Even a rubber band around everything to hold it steady after the Velcro attaches it would be an improvement. Also make sure your cup is short and solidly attached itself. Big holes for the legs will allow it to slosh about on the frame, which won't help....
Wow! never thought it could be that :-) thanks I'll retry this weekend (weather permitting)
oxygen is offline Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:02 PM
Grrr :-)
Levittown PA 19057
Joined Aug 2006
438 Posts
I used velcro to mount mine and I have ZERO jello issues with either the u816 of the LB using #16's

the velcro is gone now (it does NOT stick well the the belly of the LB at all :-) usually just a piece of masking tape is the way I go.
nerys is offline Find More Posts by nerys
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:37 AM
tiguytrem
Canada, QC, Québec
Joined Jan 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerassassin View Post
^ I would stay away from the 260mah packs mine die faster than stock now, and those 300mah packs weigh virtually the same. just gotta make sure the plugs have the right polarity with the 300mah packs!

I own both the mqx and the ladybird v1, and in the wind I have to give the edge to the LB! it is surprisingly more stable, as Dayroon noted it appears that the 'oversized' mqx props seem to get caught more in the wind than the 'undersized' LB props. this is especially noticeable flying directly into the wind. the mqx is much slower, constantly getting pushed up and down by the current. the LB is able to quite literally cut through the wind much more efficiently. even though it's smaller and lighter, it can hovers more stable with your hands off the sticks too. with the mqx I am constantly making little adjustments. the mqx is nice and docile, but the LB leaves me feeling more impressed. I love them both! *just from my experience*
I agree! Its the same thing for me !!: O
tiguytrem is offline Find More Posts by tiguytrem
Old Sep 27, 2012, 12:43 AM
USA, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2008
1,543 Posts
Nothing fancy here only tiny patch of foam to kill the vibrations. Vibrations don't like to cross between different materials. That thin membrane between the water and air can kill 99% of the sound waves for instance. Ladybird have also high RPM motors , lower rpm(larger motors ore gear box) are more likely to cause vibration and jello effect.
tushev is online now Find More Posts by tushev
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:51 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
this should also work turning on the TX in bind mode first ... (at least it did for me ... if I remember right ...)
it really dont matter because the 9x stays in bind forever and the rx runs bind for a few seconds every time its turned on. as long as they coincide it works. the stock tx is a little trickier because like the rx it only stays in bind for a few seconds on power up. so they should both be turned on close to the same time. you can tell bind mode on the rx by the blinking led and on the stock tx by the beeping.
dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993
Old Sep 27, 2012, 10:04 AM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I used velcro to mount mine and I have ZERO jello issues with either the u816 of the LB using #16's
same for me. the velcro worked better than foam on bottom of my v939 clones. ive seen cases where the foam tape did a better job on planes where on others velcro was better. a lot depends on the brand of velcro or type of double sticky foam tape, mass of camera, and frequency/amplitude of vibrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
the velcro is gone now (it does NOT stick well the the belly of the LB at all :-) usually just a piece of masking tape is the way I go.
i found polyurethane (gorilla) with pva to foam it keeps velcro stuck to the bottom of my v929 for holding different batteries. it has very little sticking surface there after you cut off the holder. for camera on top i use soft grey shipping foam with rubber band. its tricky finding the right combo due to fickle nature of resonances.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Hi all, anyone know if there props fit all Ladybird clones, like the Mini Pet, for example: http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Ud...t-p-48799.html
Anyone?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
yes. minipet, x100, ud816, lb, v939. all 1mm hub.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:06 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
yes. minipet, x100, ud816, lb, v939. all 1mm hub.
Thanks Dave.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
no problemo. note that the ud816 are cheapest but have a reputation for coming off. i found galling the shaft stopped that from happening.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 04:22 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
6,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
no problemo. note that the ud816 are cheapest but have a reputation for coming off. i found galling the shaft stopped that from happening.
Just rough up the shafts a bit? I was also thinking of adding a dab of UHU Por. This method used to work well with the brushed motor on my EasyStar.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 05:01 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
6,054 Posts
maybe more like put a couple big gouges in it. strangely i had poor luck with glue (ca and pu) to keep 1mm udi hub on 1mm shafts but relatively easy to fix them reliably on .7 and .8 mm shafts with it. go figure.