Not at the moment.
OnceAFly is offline Find More Posts by OnceAFly
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:42 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
310 Posts
After a bad crash one of my X100 needs a new CCW motor, or a complete motor arm with electrical connection.

Anybody know where to buy?

Usually bye from Banggood but they don't have this part. Free shipping is a plus.

I think X100 is a very good indoor quad (or outside when calm).
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Sep 23, 2012, 07:31 AM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I did not say all protocols. clearly only the protocols "ITS COMPATIBLE WITH" require only a software change IE it already posesses the hardware "needed" for the protocols the firmware is designed for.

clearly it "lacks" the hardware needed for the 911 units so you have to hardware mod.

as for how exactly? do you understand programming? if yes they I would suggest you goto the authors and ask them.

but if you don't understand programming your not going to understand their reply because you don't "speak the language"

No I don't understand programming no I don't "speak the language"

I just understand the gist of what they did.

they "taught" the devo hardware how to speak other languages.
So what you're doing then is giving ignorant answers on something you do not understand, then getting your panties in a bunch when I explain I am looking for an actual intelligent answer, thanks for clearing that up

I was actually hoping someone who had some actual real knowledge might give a helpful reply, since no amount of your useless replies are going to help answer a question that is clearly above your head.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:44 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Skitchen, mate? What's with the venom?

Guys, the build log is done and up. Here's a link: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738108

Now you have no excuses. It's really not that hard. Give it a go and you won't regret it. These little RTF models are a lot of fun but.... but... if you want to advance in the hobby or just be able to fly outside in strong wind you have to make the leap to a hobby grade quad.

I hope this is helpful....

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:51 AM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
It annoys me when people don't even have an answer to a question but keep responding to it anyways insisting they are right.

But anyways: surfing on over to that thread now, thanks for the hard work
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:54 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
It annoys me when people don't even have an answer to a question but keep responding to it anyways insisting they are right.

But anyways: surfing on over to that thread now, thanks for the hard work
His answer was just fine. Short of being shown firmware coding, that's about as good an answer as you can get, Sir.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
I don't really care to look through the code though, I was hoping someone that was familiar with the project may be able to provide an overview of how it works. Saying, and I am paraphrasing here, that you know nothing about software but the answer is software, is less an answer and more stating the obvious. The fact that it was software was cleared up way before he said anything, and he added absolutely nothing with any of his posts other than to point out that he knew nothing of what he was talking about.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:09 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Quote:
I don't really care to look through the code though
But if you want a better answer, that's what you're going to have to do.... Bottom line is you asked how it works, and the answer is it works through coding.... His answer illustrated that quite nicely with a simple, yet, eloquent analogy, in my opinion. Not sure where you get your beef, here, Sir. Weird...

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:18 AM
Addict.
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
The analogy was wrong though, so I fail to see how that was in any way helpful. I accept that nobody with the knowledge to answer my question is going to answer my question and if I am still curious I will have to look further myself. However, I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask a question seeking a more expert answer rather than an uninformed and at times incorrect answer from someone giving an answer that had already been given anyways.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post
I'm not the first and won't be the last to ask a question seeking a more expert answer.
The only way to give you a better (more expert) answer is to go though the firmware coding and explain its implications to you, I'm afraid. Bottom line is you wanted to know how it works... The answer is it works through firmware code alterations but you're not interested in looking at coding, yet, you want a better answer. Sorry, but your requirements for what you consider a "good" answer simply can't be met under such premises, I'm afraid.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:58 AM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
831 Posts
Just bought 5 of the Turnigy Nano Techs 300mah 45-90c for my Ladybird. It is advised to change the connector around so that the polarities will be the same. I plan on adding micro deans connectors to these batteries. My question is this: when I cut off the original connectors the wires from the batteries, red and black, are still black negative and red positive right? Don't want to start a fire or burn out the board. Thanks for listening to such a dumb but have to ask question.
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Just bought 5 of the Turnigy Nano Techs 300mah 45-90c for my Ladybird. It is advised to change the connector around so that the polarities will be the same. I plan on adding micro deans connectors to these batteries. My question is this: when I cut off the original connectors the wires from the batteries, red and black, are still black negative and red positive right? Don't want to start a fire or burn out the board. Thanks for listening to such a dumb but have to ask question.
Hi Raymond,

Do you have a multi tester?

C.
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:02 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
831 Posts
Hi Chris,
No but i think my friend has one
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Jun 2011
7,357 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondM View Post
Hi Chris,
No but i think my friend has one
That's the safest way to test polarity. If you put red on red and black on black and get a positive reading, you know red is the positive lead. If you get a negative reading then it means that the polarity is reversed. I know that some Nine Eagles batteries have reversed polarity for some reason. If the leads aren't colored or if there are no leads, then a positive reading tells you that the red side of your multi tester is the + side.

Best,
C
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
Certified Heli Addict
Joined Apr 2011
831 Posts
Chris,

Thank you very much for that battery analogy, this will help save my Ladybird from premature burn out,lol. BTW flying is great with my new little bird thanks again.

Ray