SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:23 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmonwakin View Post
I don't know the specs of the v929 battery, but it (the U816) flies even faster with it. The connectors fit a little snug, but no mods needed.....
v929 batteries are anything from a 500mAh C12 to a 600mAh C15, or bigger/faster.

I have 5x 600mAH C15 Tigers right here, so guess what I'm going to try? It's 8g heavier, but when I tried with the camera (wouldn't try both) I quite liked the way the extra weight made it a little less skittish on Fast Mode.

@scousethief "will it bind with the 9x ?" Don't have one to try with, I'm on Futaba for my bigger stuff.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:27 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
v929 batteries are anything from a 500mAh C12 to a 600mAh C15, or bigger/faster.

I have 5x 600mAH C15 Tigers right here, so guess what I'm going to try? It's 8g heavier, but when I tried with the camera (wouldn't try both) I quite liked the way the extra weight made it a little less skittish on Fast Mode.

@scousethief "will it bind with the 9x ?" Don't have one to try with, I'm on Futaba for my bigger stuff.

Same my bigger planes/helis/quads are on my Futaba, i bought the 9x though as i needed something for the v911's and the quads do you have a v911 or v929 ? they use the same flysky protocol.
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:36 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Same my bigger planes/helis/quads are on my Futaba, i bought the 9x though as i needed something for the v911's and the quads do you have a v911 or v929 ? they use the same flysky protocol.
Yes, I have a v929 and I couldn't get either of them to bind to either of the others' TXs, so I guess that means probably not 9x compatible then.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:36 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
United States, FL, Fort Walton Beach
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:

I agree, a little more weight does improve the flight characteristics. Don't know if it's cause the electronics are working hard to keep it stable or if it's just because of the added weight that slows it down a slight touch.
But with more mAh comes more flight times.....in my case, more crashes. I love the u816 for one reason.....it annoys the hell out if my wife. It sounds like a bag of bee's to her and she's so freaked out of bee's. Lol

Edit: nor does it bind to a dx6i or Aero sport tx (which is airtronics compatible)
dedmonwakin is offline Find More Posts by dedmonwakin
Last edited by dedmonwakin; Aug 02, 2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:44 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Yes, I have a v929 and I couldn't get either of them to bind to either of the others' TXs, so I guess that means probably not 9x compatible then.
Someone said the 9x binds to the v911 but not the Align 100 or maybe both the 9x and align but the stock v911 won't bind to the align....I don't know,lol ....but if the latter is true maybe there is hope. I believe in the case of the u816....this craft truly needs a hobby radio to be enjoyed. Unlike the wl toy crafts, the 9x is only a desire to improve.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:
But with more mAh comes more flight times.....in my case, more crashes.
Ah, crashes.... Here's a fix for a U816 loose prop. I kept hitting the front right on a table leg and it pinged off a few times more than the others. Finally when I started it up, the prop flew up, stuck to the ceiling, spinning for about 5 seconds, before falling down like a sycamore seed.

The fix: tiniest dab of Superglue on a needle, pushed into the prop hole and wiped around a bit, then left to dry. 30 seconds later, it's a nice tight fit on the prop shaft again and it still comes off when pulled / crashed.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:56 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Ah, crashes.... Here's a fix for a U816 loose prop. I kept hitting the front right on a table leg and it pinged off a few times more than the others. Finally when I started it up, the prop flew up, stuck to the ceiling, spinning for about 5 seconds, before falling down like a sycamore seed.

The fix: tiniest dab of Superglue on a needle, pushed into the prop hole and wiped around a bit, then left to dry. 30 seconds later, it's a nice tight fit on the prop shaft again and it still comes off when pulled / crashed.
Oh yeah, I did that already. But I still crash. I simply cannot find the right movement of the sticks. It's almost intermittent....one moment, I slightly throttle or yaw and it responds as commanded....then the same actions tried and it's faster than before.

Have you gone outside yet? My U816 loses reception sometimes at 25ft and sometimes around 40ft. My tx will make that nifty little chime to let me know it's reconnected......but apparently it's very quick cause the u816 has only once lost reception long enough to crash before it would reconnect with the tx. I have checked the antennas in both the tx and u816 and all appears fine.

If I had to guess......I'm gonna say that's why the v929 tx uses 6 batteries versus U816 tx requiring only 4. More transmitting power.
Last edited by dedmonwakin; Aug 02, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:

Have you gone outside yet? My U816 loses reception sometimes at 25ft and sometimes around 40ft.
If I had to guess......I'm gonna say that's why the v929 tx uses 6 batteries versus U816 tx requiring only 4. More transmitting power.
Well the u816 specs say: Remote Distance: Up to 30m

For the v929 it is: Range: 100-150 meters ... and I've certainly had it close to that.

Mini Pet Bumblebee: Radio range: Over 40 meters

MJX X100 Control Distance: 100m

And we have a winner.....!
Last edited by Brandigan; Aug 02, 2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:21 PM
a.k.a. BiggTony
Joined Jul 2010
297 Posts
Quote:
Well the u816 specs say: Remote Distance: Up to 30m

For the v929 it is: Range: 100-150 meters and I've certainly had it close to that.

Mini Pet Bumblebee: Radio range: Over 40 meters
Yeah, I guess the fine print is "up to." Guess I should be happy it goes up to 25ft and maybe up to 40 ft, lol
Old Aug 02, 2012, 03:27 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, I guess the fine print is "up to." Guess I should be happy it goes up to 25ft and maybe up to 40 ft, lol
Well, since 30m is almost 100 feet, it should do more than 25-40.

I'm still debating whether to try an MJX X100 or not. I would like to see at least one review first.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Last edited by MikeSRC; Aug 02, 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSRC View Post
Well, since 30m is almost 100 feet, it should do more than 25-40.

I'm still debating whether to try an MJX X100 or not. I would like to see at least one review first.
Well, those little sticky out bits on the legs would certainly stop the props hitting the ground and flying off so much, as they'd dig in and right it on crashes to some extent. It's just the radio looks awful. I'd have to go over that checkerboard pattern with a marker pen on principle.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:19 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,668 Posts
Quote:
@Brandigan

You sound like I did when I first got the U816. Curious to see what you think of it once the newness wears off.

In my experience, I too thought it took new skills to master that quad....but after going through 11 batteries....I never got acclimated to the controls and response or better after the 3rd battery unlike the v929....I adjusted during the first flight and improved every flight.
I found the same with my Ladybird, with my noob skills I could only progress so far at first, and got kind of frustrated with it's difficulty. I could only do wicked front to back side to side see-saws, and Pogos with my Ladybird... and was getting bored with only being able to do that, so when I "discovered" that I could do a box pattern in my room with the Ladybird, and successfully tried that flight style at the Park... I was tickled pink!! and finally having Fun! Only now after flying it for a couple of months on and off, am I able to fly it nose-forward with any sort of ability.
I guess I didn't convey just how different the "Ladybird class" is from the "MQX/V929 class" qauds... although I tried!
Are you and Brandigan experiencing the sameish learning curve with the LB clones?

I have a "mini pet" on order from BG, I'm trying to switch that to the MJX 100 .... or should I even bother playing with a "clone" ?
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:45 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
400 Posts
Quote:
It's just the radio looks awful. I'd have to go over that checkerboard pattern with a marker pen on principle.
Yeah, it looks like something you'd get with an RC car.

The 0-100 adjustment knob looks interesting depending on how it actually works. I just have an aversion to giving Walkera any more of my money when everything I've ever owned from them has required repair after no more than two mild crashes. Haven't had a Ladybird though.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Jun 2012
2,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
I have a "mini pet" on order from BG, I'm trying to switch that to the MJX 100 .... or should I even bother playing with a "clone" ?
Whatever you decide, one thing to note is that the Mini-Pet , MJX X100 and SH 6043 only come with one battery, where the U816 has two. A few spares might be in order, with your... order.
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:54 PM
Certified Heli Addict
United States, MI, Cadillac
Joined Apr 2011
945 Posts
Quote:
Whatever you decide, one thing to note is that the Mini-Pet , MJX X100 and SH 6043 only come with one battery, where the U816 has two. A few spares might be in order, with your... order.
While were on the subject of batteries does anyone know what type of connector comes with each of these quads. They look like Walkera type connectors but I could be wrong?
RaymondM is online now Find More Posts by RaymondM